The 'That One Piece' Topic

If you’ve ever built something with your Lego pieces, you know this feeling. You’ve created something magnificent, and you just need ONE MORE PIECE to finish it. However, getting this piece isn’t always easy. Sometimes this piece is mysteriously missing, other times it’s a part you don’t have in the right color, and sometimes it doesn’t even exist! This topic is for you to discuss your stories about ‘that one piece’.

I’ll start by telling a story from yesterday. I was working on a community MOC, and was putting some final touches onto the back. I was using one of these:
http://www.bricklink.com/PL/32348.gif?0
in lime green, and needed two of them. I found one, and looked around for the other one. I couldn’t find it in my regular Technic section, so I looked around to make sure it wasn’t in any of my other MOCs. The end result was me frantically looking around my room, searching in random bins for this one part. I eventually tried to look up the set where I got the piece from to see if I had missed anything. Lo and behold, when I searched up the part in lime green, I found that this guy…

…only comes with one lime green liftarm. Needless to say, I was very :confused: .

18 Likes

I am very lucky.

I have/had the Rohkoh T3

LIFTARMS FOR DAYS =D

6 Likes

Still debating getting this piece in trans-ice blue;
http://www.bricklink.com/PL/32348.gif?0

3 Likes

Balljoints
Oh how I always miss balljoints

I really do
Like, they are the best invention

Never enough
Which is why 2015 has my syked

BALLJOINTS FO DAYZZZZZ

(also, I cant use bricklink…no one ships to where I live)

3 Likes

I don’t mind lack of balljoint bushings as much as some, but sometimes I do get stuck looking for a Hordika neck, Glatorian neck, or most likely, a half-width beam. And yesterday I was looking for ANY piece whatsoever that fit this certain design I had… then made it myself using two awfully simple pieces.

2 Likes

Hordika necks dont bother me as much
glatorian necks…ehhhh, I see loss
I see heaven

2 Likes

These two right here, always and forever will be out of them when I need them most:

Also, don’t you wish you had this piece?

9 Likes

*salivates

Also, where is that top piece from? I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before…

4 Likes

Some technic crane I believe. Worship the holy connector of pins.

4 Likes

The top piece has been used on sets like Witch doctor and I am pretty sure some IFB sets too. It is also used on 2015 Onua.

5 Likes

I have spent a few minutes trying to isolate one piece, and I have failed.
Take from that what you will.

1 Like

Me too. When building my final MOC for the BTFGM contest, I ran out of everything, including number two axles.

And I never have enough balljoints.

3 Likes

I can never get enough arm connectors and armor for it. Most of my arm connectors from 2008-2009 have broke. :frowning:

2 Likes

Mata balljoints. I have only one.

3 Likes

This stinking piece! >:{

8 Likes

You have, whether you remember it or not.

http://i.imgur.com/I8yKHZY.jpg

Look closely at his upper legs.

…wow. I feel bad for you. Granted I have recently used quite a few. I still happen to have what feels like upwards of one thousand, but I’ve used…I DON’T KNOW HOW MANY.

1 Like

You mean the one that always pops off?

No, because in 2001 the inika balljoints existed
Not to be sarcastic here
But what other balljoints were there asides from;
Technic Ball Joint : Part 32474 | BrickLink
in 2001?

1 Like

Mhm. I know the feeling. I most recently got it with Nox.

Particularly in black.

1 Like