The Toa Valda (Toa Project)

It’s not teal. It’s turquoise. GAAWD
Just kidding (well it is turquoise anyway).

2 Likes

I saw some of these guys in their earlier iterations, and they look a lot better! The paint jobs are exceptional, especially with Tamaru. Really like the story behind them, and the fact that they’re Matoran from back in 2002. He might be one of the more basic ones, but Tamaru’s my favourite! The gold and teal/turquoise paints look really nice on him, and I appreciate the throwback to MNOG2 with the disk launcher! And finally a Toa of Air who can actually FLY! :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the comments :smile:

Just got this in the mail for the MNOG Project :smiley:

Update:
Why

12 Likes

There’s nothing worse than getting a Mask Pack with colors you can get in sets–it’s like a betrayal.

TBH, what was the point of putting set masks in the packs to begin with? If you’re getting a pack, you presumably already have some sets. Why would they give you a mask you may already have or could go out and buy intentionally if you wanted to?

4 Likes

Question- Did you get these off eBay or Bricklink, and for how much? I want my own 01 masks :smiley:

1 Like

…Red Kakama…he’ll kill us all!

Red Miru: VohonXAgni. Icandreamharold

2 Likes

Got them off BrickLink. I’d recommend this guy as he sells a LOT of 2001 masks and 100+ mask packs, plus lots of sealed Bionicle sets.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=collectors

The prices are pretty steep since most of the masks are new. That and shipping is quite expensive.

I completely agree. Spent €7 for something that would have been about €0.50 otherwise :confused:
Ah well, I did get a green Akaku (+ a light grey Komau) in the other pack.

4 Likes

This is GLORIOUS!!! Amazing work and thank you very much for this! I enjoyed this project very much and applaud you for the clever idea and creativity. :grimacing: :open_mouth:

https://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/optimized/3X/c/d/cda9fe3497680236b351d5d3e968752d6d6d710c_1_375x500.JPG

This right here tho… Noice!!! :sunglasses:

Edited for double-post. --Jack O’Neill

1 Like

I’m glad you like it :smile:

Also, check your inbox. I sent you a message

this was amazing. keep up the good work!!!

Very cool!
I’m also really interested in the House Telvanni story, me being a big 'ol of TES. Also, what are the things on the shoulders of Kalama and the other Matoran?

You can read the TES series by following the link on my profile. I never got round to posting it here.
If you’re referring to the things on Kalama and Kaj’s shoulders, they’re supposed to be lights.

Why is Vhisola yellow? It’s creative, but somewhat strange for a Toa of water.

becuase i’d look better than just having pure metru blue.

that, and the melded komau doesn’t fit in the 01 aesthetic.

I’ll let you in on a little secret: she’s not yellow anymore :wink:
I’ll be reposting the team in a few days with some modifications - that will be one of them.

I’ve rejigged the colour scheme so that it’s not just pure blue.

awwh, i liked the yellow in the color scheme.

broke up the blue in a nice way, and made her distinctive.

Thanks for answering my question. Keep up the good work! :+1::+1:

Oh. I liked the yellow

1 Like

Question: Why are none of them wearing great masks? I mean, Toa do sometimes wear noble masks, but that wouldn’t explain why the golden masks are also noble-mask-shaped…

This is an outdated version of the Toa. The golden ones aren’t considered canon in the Biowave story (new version here: The Toa Valda Revisited (Biowave Project)).

They wear Noble versions simply because the Great versions of these masks don’t fit the characters. In the webcomics, they’ll be wearing Great versions that for the most part look like this:

5 Likes