The Tremgon (Fanon Contest 2: Dinosaurs of Bota Magna)

Side and top view images that also count as size comparison images with the large scale Apohka:

Studio file for both dinosaurs

My favorite dinosaur is the triceratops :slight_smile:

29 Likes

Nice moc! It looks like the Bionicle version of a triceratops.

3 Likes

looks amazing!

2 Likes

Nice! A worthy rival to all the dragons and raptors in this contest!

3 Likes

nice dino

1 Like

Aside from the CCBS legs, this feels like a set we might have seen in 09/2010

2 Likes

Turns out people liked the Tremgon enough for it to get second place. I’d like to thank everyone that voted for it, I really really appreciate it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Since Duckbricks is going to review the model I decided to bring touch-ups/fixes that should’ve been there in the first place

First I changed the connection between the torso and back armor which can be seen here:

I also made sure that the tail section was better connected to the body. The original underside sections was a bit questionable (I guess that’s what happens when you turn all of your attention to the large category model lol)

Bonus: you can attach chains to the Tremgon’s head, which is convenient if anyone would theoretically pose him with a rider on his back

4 Likes

Congrats on second place! Not an easy feat, considering how good all the entries were, but the Tremgon definitely deserves it and so do you, Jopie.

2 Likes

Excuse me @JopieTropi is fanart of the Tremgon okay with you? I promise to give full credit.

4 Likes

Sure it is! You can make fanart of anything I make if you give credit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would like to see if anyone can build a spinosaurus bionicle.

4 Likes

This link shows you all of the finalists in the large category, 2 of them are spinosaurs:

Duckbricks will release reviews on the 2 models soon(ish?) on his YouTube channel.

Hope this scratches your itch :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you for showing me this. :smiley:

4 Likes

You don’t see as much love for the triceratops even though it’s one of the classics. This moc captures it beautifully.

5 Likes

Can I also base the design for the fanart on the Rahi from Mask Of Light through Web of Shadows?

5 Likes

Of course you can :slight_smile:
You don’t have to ask for my permission, it’s your art after all

4 Likes