The Troopers of Star Wars and related Discussion

My favorite is Domino squad.

Oh man, that Captain Fordo scene

2 Likes

As a really big fan of The Clone Wars, I love the design of the clone troopers. I prefer the phase II helmets. The 501st is iconic, but I also like 212 because of my Obi-Wan bias. I also like the variety with Recon Troopers, Underwater units, Jetpack Units, Galactic Marines, ARC Troopers, Republic Commandos, all adding to the feel that they are trained to fight all sorts of battles.

The original trilogy falls a tad flat in the trooper department. I think the incompetent stormtrooper joke has gotten old, but they do lack that essence of cool, or at least in retrospect. Their armor is clunky and their helmets are oversized. The other two variants are Snowtroopers, which are overhyped like all of Hoth, and Biker Scouts which I like. A weak link, but it was the first trilogy. Standards were different.

I enjoy the First Order trooper designs. They look sleek and menacing, something the original trilogy lacked in. Granted Phasma never impressed me, but the overall variety boasted is great. Flamethrowers, Better Snowtroopers, Heavy gunners, Meme Inducing Electrostaff Troopers, all very neat.

4 Likes

This one?

5 Likes

That’s the one

I watch this over and over again, every time I see it

1 Like

that video reminds me that’s what I do in Battlefront 2 XD

I actually wasn’t too fond of him changing his armor like that, wish it was more like this

at least like have the full shoulder pad and skirt, his helmet is fine though

2 Likes

personally I prefer the original ARC trooper design(AKA Rex’s)

1 Like

I enjoy more of the Geonosian style since you will be able to create your own squadrons by just altering colours and helmets

they are the best pallets for more (even with lego)

2 Likes

While I liked the rank colors of the OG clones, Oh man were the different colored clone squadrons and their commanders looked good!

You are right there.
It brings the best of just the same person

1 Like

So umm… going to spoiler tag most of this because its on about TFA;

Essentially we learn the new Storm Troopers are not clones, but individuals brainwashed to follow the First Order. The issue is, why aren’t they clones? Given that was mentioned as an option yet dropped. What benefit would brainwashed non-clones have over clones?

Asking here as i know someone will know…

1 Like

ikr? I mean, they have the tech. so why not make a new clone trooper? Soldiers that don’t question orders.

1 Like

Maybe brainwashed babies cost less credits?

5 Likes

Because Clonetroopers age twice as fast.

2 Likes

the writers were playing to much Metal Gear Solid

1 Like

I like starwars, but not nearly as much as some people out there: I have watched the movies, bought a bit of Lego, but nothing more. Anyway, to answer the question about why aren’t first world order troopers clones, I would input that the First Order is rebuilt from the ashes of the empire. They have gotten some materials from the empire (ships, blueprints…), but not money. Thus, they couldn’t buy clones from Kamino. The cheapest alternative would be to raid villages and brainwash the captured babies. (a lot like what terror groups do nowadays…).

well I mean there are the radicals that want to go of their own free will

besides clones are more susceptible for possible disease or rebelling or what not. Also possible errors…

But the clones (Clone Troopers) were made to follow orders, and not question those orders (which for some stupid reason, Filloni changed), so cant they do that?

Remember the BF2 Mission where the Kaminoans rebelled and created rebel clones, causing palpatine to make the clones more diverse and eventually gave it up altogether?

1 Like