The TTV Podcast 184 Discussion

Check out TTV Episode 184 on Vessel RIGHT HERE!

-Mesonak

5 Likes

Man this was an interesting Episode.
Wow They sure do fight in this episode. Then again this is TTV.
Way are we still fighting about how to say Lewa’s name, and can someone make a topic for this.

1 Like

Are we having an official Lee-wa vs lay-wa topic soon?

(Or should I make one)

i hope this clears things up

with the pronounciation

4 Likes

It doesn’t. That source was already considered and dismissed since it is the only time it was verbally pronounced that way.

1 Like

Well I got a shoutout, so I’m a happy guy.
But I’ve always pronounced it loo-a. I guess since it’s lee-wahi, it should be pronounced Leewah.

1 Like

followed by Venom going; “heh, maple syrup”

4 Likes

I can’t believe the Lewa argument went on for 20+ minutes

1 Like

Oh great. More arguments.

1 Like

I am surprised that this topic didn’t get as much attention as it deserves.

1 Like

I was actually have problems getting Vessel to load.

Ok, my take on the ‘problem’

how do you say lever

I’m English so I pronounce it lee-ver
But I’ve heard others (mostly Americans) pronounce it lev-er

SO which is correct?
#######And does it even matter?

2 Likes

I’m American and I say both. Which I pronounce it usually depends on the words around it. (like the word “the”)

1 Like

For 12 years I said “Lay-wa”. Though, since watching TTV, I started saying “Lee-wa” without thinking, and now that’s just what I say.

1 Like

Is this real?

Yes. However, considering the “sequel” (a video with the same narrator, talking about the Bohrok) has non-canon terms for the Bohrok, I wouldn’t count this as official.

1 Like

That’s the sole reason I have pronounced it as “Lay-wah” for all these years.

1 Like

My point exactly.

None of the videos matter. At least, they shouldn’t. Those videos are not primarily canon.

What is canon is the Encyclopedia. The Encyclopedia listed a canon pronunciation for that name, and it is the only source to do so. Canonically, in G1, the name Lewa is pronounced “LAY-wuh”.

In G2, it is pronounced “LEE-wuh”, because there are no alternatives given yet. And I also stand by my statement that the canon hierarchy is different in G2 than in G1, because there is no longer one singular canon “head” by which you can canonize things by or not. Visual media, by which I mean the web animations and the Journey to One TV Show, are higher than the books.

5 Likes

Are you able to verify if the second Encyclopedia has a different pronunciation to the first? seeing how there where somethings that were changed between then.