The Umbral Toa

Hi eveyone,

Thank you all for last time. I was very happy over the support and comment I got on the last post. It meant a lot to me.

I now come to you again in order to present the main antagonists the Toa Magna faces on their quest for the Mask of Whishes.

I hope you liked these ones, as I tried to make each antagonist interesting in their own right. There will be more to come soon.

Umbral Toa

In order to become an Umbral Toa, a Toa, Matoran, Agori or Glatorian must end their current life by the help of a sharp stone found in the White Quartz Mountains called Crexel. If the subject survives the ordeal, they are transformed into an Umbral Toa and gains special abilities. Luzar found this rare stone while he was on a mission in the area. He kept the stone for years and later found forbidden knowledge about the stone in the archives that was believed to have been erased. The Umbral Toa are few and dwells in the shadows. They are mainly dressed in some form of black in combination with an secondary color that is related with their past life.
The powers of an Umbral Toa vary from user to user, but the general powers all Umbral Toa share are:
• Command over darkness and shadows. The level varies from user to user.
• Shapeshifting
• Use of Kanohi
• Teleportation
• Wielding Toa Tools
• Physical strength, endurance, and durability equal to that of a Toa.

Luzar ~ The traitorous Machiavellian~

-Know your place leech! The only reason you are still alive is because I was here.

Luzar was once a toa of gravity. Being the first of his kind in millennia, he came to prominence quickly and it got to his head. At the high of his career, he suddenly started to lose his powers over gravity. Afraid of somebody finding out, he made a desperate deal with a mysterious being and became his second in command from the inside.

Unique abilities:
Other than being an Umbral Toa masquerading as a Toa of gravity, Luzar’s Suletu gives him the ability to read minds and project his own thoughts into other minds. Luzar relies on trickery and deception in battle and can create powerful illusions.

Stats:
Offence/Strength?
Dexterity/Skill:?
Stamina/Toughness:?
Agility/speed:?
Special/Elemental prowess:?
Mind/Intelligence:?

Jorkhon~The Vigilante blinded by hatred~

-Uchak! If it wasn’t for you Lihna would still be alive! I died with her that day.

A former miner and friend working together with Uchak on Spherus Magna. One day when he was on his way to work, he got news that was going to change his life forever.

Unique abilities:

Other than being an Umbral Toa, Jorkhon possesses great speed and agility, relying on bold acrobatic, rapid sword slashes and vicious kicks in conjunction with relentless aggression. Unique to Jorkhon, is his ability to cover himself in a black suit of armor that can grow or shrink in size. With this armor, he can grow up to two shadow hands from his back that can wield a sword in each hand.

Stats:
Offence/Strength?

Madru ~The nihilist who lost all hope~

-Go ahead little Toa, fight your meaningless fight, keep struggling, keep telling yourself you are making a difference.

A former Po-Matoran and carver on Spherus Magna who was close to celebrity status, until he was accused of plagiarism and held as a fraud. Felling offended and disgraced, he left his occupation in sadness. Wanting revenge, he started to sabotage for other artists and eventually found joy and satisfaction in doing it. Madru was later recruited by Luzar and became an Umbral Toa. After he had survived the process and witnessed the master’s terrifying power firsthand, he became traumatized from the experience.
Unique abilities:
Madru’s mask (mask of incomprehension) gives him the ability to scramble written and spoken language in a way that it becomes incomprehensible. Madru has taken this mask power to an even greater level and is now also able to scramble even the thoughts of others around him. Another ability unique to Madru, is his ability to force objects with no life functions, such as earth, to move in an unnatural and strange way.

Stats:
Offence/Strength?

Lodrik~The fallen hero~

-You and I are nothing but puppets to those who have more power than us. It is only by gaining more power we can truly be free. You know I’m right.

A former Toa of fire, Lodrik was driven to insanity and rage when he found about how he became a Toa and that he had been used as a symbol to promote propaganda. Feeling deceived, he joined Luzar in hopes of finding a place he belonged to. After finding out what Luzar was up to, he challenged his master, but was subdued quickly.

Unique abilities:
After becoming an Umbral Toa, Lodrik gained the unique ability to conjure black flames with a dark red glow from shadows. With his Kiril, he could repair inorganic objects and oddly enough damage inflicted to his body. Lodrik also possesses a secondary form.

Stats:
Offence/Strength?

Beli ~The ambitious Judas~

-How can you possibly forgive me? I don’t understand.

Beli was once an Le-matoran and close friend of Vheti. Beli and Vheti had big dreams of changing their village for the better, as that the village’s natural resources had taken a big hit after the next Turaga had been elected. Beli, driven by grand ambition choose to sell out his friend in order to come close to power. Things did not turn out as he thought, and he soon fell into darkness.
Unique abilities:
Beli was never a fighter to begin with and chooses to fight from a safe distance. With his unique Miru, he can float in the air with his umbrella, but also levitate heavy objects. From the shadow created from his umbrella he can summon shadowy figure to fight for him. The umbrella comes with a sharp blade at the top that can be taken of and be used as a dagger.
Stats:
Offence/Strength?

Kairdin~The Psychopath stuck in the past~

-I haven’t forgotten the day I lost to you. Before I kill you, I will take away the one thing you care so very much about. You will see what happens to those that cross me.

A former mercenary and assassin working for Winter, Kairdin was half-dead when Luzar found him. Kairdin joined Luzar for one reason only, to get revenge.

Unique abilities:

After becoming an Umbral Toa, Kairdin gained impressive physical strength and endurance. With his mask of biomechanics, he can mentally interfere with machinery. Similarly to Madru, Beli and Lodrik, he has awakened stronger abilities normally not found on similar mask. Kairdin, can puppeteer the deceased or unconscious bodies of things like Rahi, matoran or Toa for a limited time. This ability can also affect living beings that are overwhelmed by stress or fear, although only to a smaller degree. Due to his past as a mercenary and assassin, Kairdin relies on fear and intimidation tactics and likes to strike when his prey least expects it.

Stats:
Offence/Strength?

Nyali~A truth seeker given a new home~

-Who are you? What has happened to me? Who am I?

A Ga-matoran found barely conscious by Luzar together with the corpse of a Turaga and guards. Luzar felt something strange about her and took her in. When she woke up, she was given a new home and the name Nyali.

Unique abilities:
Nyali is on paper the weakest of the Umbral Toa, but not by much. After being trained in swordplay by the master, it was quickly discovered that she was gifted with the sword and ambidextrous. She became a quick and agile fencer that used linear cuts and thrusts in combination with minimalistic movement. Nyali’s Faxon was unique in that it could not duplicate Rahi abilities but instead could duplicate abilities used by other Toa. This ability however only worked against the Toa she was currently fighting or was close by.

Stats:
Offence/Strength?

I welcome all to share their opinions on these characters, I’m very curious about what you think of these and the concept of “Umbral Toa”. Now that this post is done, I can’t wait to take a look at what others have made.

Have a nice day!

35 Likes

Hello again, I think these M.O.Cs look great! And I find the concept of Umbral Toa very intriguing, and again I love all the cloth pieces!

2 Likes

Interesting designs, they kind of give off a dark souls vibe that I think works really well with Bionicle.

2 Likes

Nice use of the cloths.

2 Likes

I love all of the 3-d printed masks!

3 Likes

Who was you’re favorite? Counting Bio and such? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think medru is my favorite, a good color, and a good mask

2 Likes

This series is awesome. With seemingly each one better than the last. Wow man.

2 Likes

Spooky. Nice work, though! They’re definitely pretty neat, with an interesting theme!

1 Like

Madru is my favorite hands down