The Zooters

I felt inspired following a conversation with @Axelford regarding the weirdest Duplo line ever made. Here are Wazo, Goozle and Tez in all their stupid glory.

23 Likes

Terrifyingly accurate. These being revived would be more terrifying than the Bat Wars turning into armed chaos in the streets of the US. Why did LEGO think these would be popular?

5 Likes

“Science isn’t about why, it’s about why not.”

Thank you. The raw emotion from this art is indescribable.

3 Likes

they do be kinda lookin like mixels doe

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know.

Wazo probably looks the most appealing, being basically just a squat yellow monkey with a grass skirt and funky hair. He’s got that neat recording gimmick as well. Goozle and Tez on the other hand…

Goozle looks so wrong in every sense. His body is stupidly wide, he’s got weird crab hands, his head is just too tall and the reuse of the ladybird leg piece leaves him with a very… unfortunately placed knob in his crotch region.

Things only get worse from there, with Tez looking like something out of a horror movie with his jagged mouth, long purple tongue, beady eyes, spindly legs, fins, and, most noticeably, a neck wider than his torso.

Of course I like them for just how weird they were. It was part of Duplo’s early 2000s experimental phase, which is still my favourite era of Duplo for just how much dumb junk we got out of it. I still desperately want that bendy crocodile.

6 Likes

oh gosh these look so crazy
the sheer power is staggering

2 Likes

That appears to very accurately describe it. This is the theme that makes one wonder which designers are actually making the designs.

2 Likes

Some of my personal favourites from the era:

Ripoff Pingu (no seriously, this set’s name is Pingo):

Whatever the heck’s going on here:

Two creepy gnome dudes hitching a ride on a snail that looks like it’s on drugs:

A Duplo figure being kidnapped and held prisoner by a giant doll intent on reading a book about herself:

And, last but not least, some guy driving a literal tank with a chromed shovel strapped to it.

8 Likes

agh the randomness
it’s too much power

1 Like

WAH-WAH

4 Likes

These things look like they are remnants from the bat war, mutated by @Chronicler’s nuclear radiation.

2 Likes

Also, before I forget, someone needs to make this their profile picture:

2 Likes

That someone would be me.

2 Likes

Incredible

1 Like

i remember these…

1 Like

I remember these second hand from the 2009 Lego Book plus sifting through the Bricklink catalog early on.

1 Like

yo i remember bendy crocodile being in a parts bin in my year 1 or 2 class, also was do pretty good with the drawings considering the reference material

2 Likes

Is it bad that i actually want goozle?

Perhaps… If the person hearing you say that doesn’t understand the context of that statement.

2 Likes