Theres a missing 2015 mask that hasnt been released

While browsing lego’s bricks and pieces section I found that all of the 2015 set’s masks have a number given. The toa have 1-6 the protectors have mask 8 with 7 variations and the skull spider mask is 9. Summer 2015 masks have 10 and 12 for the skull masks and 11 for the MoC. There are no other masks I can find. Which raises the question

11 Likes

7th toa confirmed!

Mask of Time?

~W12~

21 Likes

maybe LOSS was supposed to have a unique mask…

4 Likes

That is weird. Why would Lego let an error like that get past them? It makes me wonder if they had an idea for a 2015 version of Takanuva planned but scrapped it at the last minute. Or maybe they just messed up. It’s possible.

2 Likes

No i think it’s obvious what going on here. they where going to originally going to release a seventh toa. that seventh toa is none other then… Looks through the other post. dang it some one all ready did that!!!

I think it was just a miss up, we are all humans after all, we all make mistakes. this was just a really big and obvious mistake that they should’ve caught. But they didn’t catch it now did they.

2 Likes

Mask of Ultimate Power or Mask of Time were two masks that were shown in 2015, but have not yet gotten a released version of those masks. So maybe its one of them…
Or it could literally be nothing significant.

3 Likes

It could be the Mask of Control. Just a thought.

Yeah, but it would be a little strange for that to be grouped in with the 2015 masks. Maybe the original plan was to release the Mask of Control instead of the golden skull spider mask that LoSS uses.

3 Likes

LoSS used the Golden Mask of the Skull Spiders to control the Skull Spiders with a telepathic link, and it seems that the MoCo is the Mask of Mind Control. Their functions are quite similar, so you could be right.

1 Like

the origional basher looked like he had a different mask

2 Likes

So I know it’s been a year since this topic was made but, since G2 is over has anybody figured out what the mask is?

This was Lego’s subtle way of hinting that we weren’t getting any 2017 Bionicle.

~W12~

1 Like

It makes so much sense.

It’s the 7th mask, and 2017

Illumakuta confirmed.

1 Like

It’s a possibility…

Maybe its worth emailing them about it?

1 Like

In one of the Tahu 2015 leaks, he seemed to be trying to get a gold Kraahkan. Maybe it was supposed to get a release?

As a point of clarification, @DinosaursUnited, I think that you might be referring to the mask that Cocoa posted an image of. That was a prototype for the Mask of Creation.

As others have said, it’s possible that it’s the MoCo, or even a preliminary G2 Vahi. That, or they just screwed up and didn’t catch their mistake. :confused:

I will plan on doing that.

1 Like

Actually, I beilieve @DinosaursUnited was referring to this image:

Not to say I agree that this is the missing mask; this concept art was clearly developed very early on, before the MoC, many of Tahu’s new pieces, and the skull spiders. It’s likely just a placeholder and was never even cast in plastic

2 Likes