Things You Dislike About the Channel

Yeah, and if that was gone…TTV would lose their soul, and their own touch.

2 Likes

As the Top 10s have been rolling out over the past few months, I’ve noticed one aspect of them that consistently irks me to no end. You guys don’t seem to have scripts.

From what I understand the Top 10 narration is composed individually by the week’s host, so I suppose I shouldn’t expect perfect consistency. But I have noticed a consistent problem. You guys often have numerous verbal slip-ups when it comes to sentance structure, word usage and delivery. This kind of thing is perfectly excusable in something like the hour-long podcast. But it really lowers the quality of an 8 minute countdown video. And that’s a shame because the music, text and images you guys have for the Top 10s is top-notch. So I ask, would it be possible to compose scripts for future episodes? Just my two cents… =D

2 Likes

Agreed.

You’d be surprised. They all just suck at reading.

16 Likes

Especially Eljay

Can you have a podcast summery video after you release the podcast, done by only you, or something like that? @IllustriousVar

1 Like

A podcast summery? As an a highlight reel? Or would you want a run down of everything that was discussed?

3 Likes

please?

It’s not necessarily a bad idea, though I feel like the description does an adequate job of detailing what was discussed and where to find it usually.

Is there any particular format you’d want it to be presented?

3 Likes

Anyway that make you comfortable!

I’d like it if the names of the cast members speaking were in the description. I’d be nice to be able to get a reminder without turning all the way back to the beginning.

5 Likes

Although it would be hard work or be hard to script, it would be cool to see your names in the corner when speaking.

That’s it! I shall become an underli- I mean intern-worker for TTV as their unofficial compilation/highlights maker! I shall create the series: _____ Moments with TTV! XP
/s

5 Likes

On iTunes, not only is the feed rarely updated, but a lot of the newer podcast episodes as well as episodes 135 and 136 are at the very bottom of the feed. Is there any way for you to fix that? Also, I understand you guys work hard on editing the podcast, but I just don’t understand it’s inconsistent schedule. At first, it was usually uploaded around 2am - 4am on Tuesday (My time). Then, after the Vessel change, it started being uploaded at around 11am - 5pm on Monday (My time). Then after episode 152 or so, it started being uploaded around 2am - 4am on Tuesday again. Something I also wanted to point out is, I don’t believe that the TTV Podcast Aftershow on Vessel right now is for 149. I can’t exactly remember what episode it may be for, but the Aftershow for 149 is actually on the iTunes version, after about a minute of silence. Was that on purpose?

Also, is the first season of the Lego Worlds Let’s Play over? Episodes just stopped out of nowhere like 2 months ago…

1 Like

OK sure that can be considered bad, but what about the stuff they left in that is kinda worse, like when they were sharing their opinions on the Star Wars Buildable Figures and Exx started going on about what he would do with Jango Fett’s shoulder armor with Roodaka.

Lets talk subjectively. (cause we all love to hear feedbacks)

TTV Podcasts: Long talks are nice; but often they waste couple of minutes arguing with each other and yelling (needs less of that, thats just how I feel about the whole thing, take it as you may). The topics range from very interesting, to so-so, to not. There are few to almost no fan guest included in the podcasts and often and not they dont stand out very much or dont talk as much so that we the rest of the fans would get to know them as well…

(positive side: they fixed the logistical problem of having too much people applying for the guest starrings and also the hassle of actually evaluating if the people before the podcast thing actually happened. In general, it would take a lot of time doing this interview thing, which will can be a detriment for other content they wished to do while they were wasting it on interviews;
negative side: No new fresh faces, opinions, ideas, or voices heard in the podcasts quite so often, they are primarily focused on the boards which did help with the communication thing, but its not as personal as a direct visual and audio conversation is, we all act differently when on the net and while talking to someone upfront).

TTV Talks: It really depends on the topic they are talking about, some are great episodes, some are so-so, others are meh or bad. Cant really change that much with this, it is a much more casual thing but the arguing thing also implies here as well, its just wasted minutes.

TTV Set Reviews: Often delayed and reviewed very slowly (needs alos to be changed if possible). But the reviews try to be as objective as they can be which is a plus and are also a great archived source for almost all the Bionicle sets ever created. This needs very few updates, its mainly technical stuff which Eljay is constantly trying to improve, which it shows comparing his first reviews the the most recent ones.

TTV games: Needs more of it, and expand with other types of LEGO games besides Bionicle.

TTV Interviews: Also needs to be expanded. This is a bit trickier to be done since its usually not up to TTV itself when it comes to contacting LEGO employees for an interview /podcast. They way they talk to the LEGO employees is much more professional and respectful. Kahi is a great example.

TTV Autopsy and TOP 10s: Not much to say about these, they are done really well and besides the subjectiveness of the Top 10s (which is constant with each and every top 10 videos out there, you cant escape of that), it also tries to be as objective (or at least give a a reason as to why its picked on that spot where it is), its not WatchMojo level of awful subjectiveness, so thats a plus.

TTV Product Showcase: What happen to that project? Will it return? It was good, but it sorta stopped mid season.

Hope this is constructive enough for you all and I hope you take some advices here into consideration. I did not try to “be the enemy” here, I just wanted you all to be more aware of some things as well as help you out with some other things. Cause hell, I came closer with this community because of your 2015 leaks, which lead me to your channel, which lead me to these boards. If you never did what you initially did, who knows what would have happened. Would I even be still interested in the sets, would I have even bought the 2015 Tahu and Gali, would have had even met all these wonderful fans here…food for though.

Moved, along with replies, from the “TTV will no longer report on leaks” topic; it seems to fit better here. —John Smith

6 Likes

I just want to mention that TTV Talks depends on personal interest in the subject more than anything. I’m also curious why you wrote this out. I don’t completely understand its relevance to the topic.

Its to help them out with pointing out what a fan thinks of their current content and what they can change in the long run, as this leak removal thing is a perfect time and place to suggest such things, it is quite a change.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the in-depth analysis of our content. We really appreciate the feedback. :smiley:

-Mesonak

5 Likes

This is aimed more so at the Message Boards than the channel itself, so…I don’t know where else to put it.

My biggest complaint is still seeing closed topics in my lists.

If the topic is closed, I don’t need to see it, so I would like for it to be if a topic gets closed that it doesn’t appear on lists anymore.

There’s no use in keeping them around. At most there’s only one or two comments, and comments are disabled for them, so they can’t possibly aid in advancing Trust Levels. As well, the topics are closed for a reason, and until they are fixed I have no need to see them on my New Topics list.

But that’s pretty much it! The site is really good otherwise!

3 Likes

a small issue I have is when you guys say things like “I’ll put it in the description” or “I’ll trow an image on screen” and then you guys don’t do it.

2 Likes