Tips To Start MOCing

This is what you have to do. Find the weirdest, most outlandishly unusual piece in your collection that you never use, and see that shape as something else. Be creative. Use a minifig helmet as a nose, a sword as a dorsal fin, a mask as a toilet plunger, whatever. That’s the secret to every great moc.

7 Likes

I dare someone to actually try and do this…

3 Likes

Well, not literally but yeah that’d be cool.

1 Like

Challenge accepted :toilet:

3 Likes

I know it’s a bit bigger but this works.

Also I didn’t really make an effort with the arm and sword but it’s just an example.

Well for starters dont make a lazy body (aka inika body) unless your going to add to it. The only time I’ve ever made just an Inika body is to see if the mask looks good ,kind of like a mannequin so don’t make it look like this

@Hafynx I agree. Same with jangbricks most of his Mocs just look like he slapped something together in a few minutes and it seems like he always uses the same methods

Edited for Double Post - Waj

What? I’d call jangs mocs a lot of things, ‘slapped together’ is not one of them.

7 Likes

Jangbricks mocs are pretty good. Maybe not the best, but definitly not slapped together, except for Blanco.

4 Likes

Yeah I agree

Blanco is bad on purpose though.

4 Likes

Uh…

Blanco is not anywhere near bad, he is clearly the pinnacle of MOCs everywhere.

7 Likes

@Likus I dare someone to use all three of these in one MOC.

@Rockho I think it sometimes dependents on the set. For instance e, when I got Skull Scorpio And and Umarak the destroyer never even built them, I just went instantly to making another MOC, but I got Umarak last X-mas and he’s still mainly intact except for the legs and horns,

Edited for Double Post - Waj

Anyone have some advice to build custom legs?

In my experience, TECHNIC is usually the way to go. Generally it’s best to start with larger parts that have lots of connection points. Like these:

3 Likes

Legomaster1378’s advice is pretty solid, but if you want to have more CCBS having something more like this helps:

9 Likes

If you have more G1 parts, go with legomaster’s advice. That’s what I did for about two years. When I started making my MOCs a lot more CCBS oriented, I went in the vein that Omega_Tahu suggested, although I personally use the clip holes more than I do balljoints for attaching CCBS plates.

3 Likes

The third one is perfect for thighs

2 Likes

Thanks[quote=“Sammythekat, post:21, topic:36087”]
that’s not how human articulation works.
[/quote]

It will save me from my moc

1 Like

Thing is, that’s how it moves. I don’t know of any animal that has double jointed knees

She is not supposed to be a human and I could have done better poses with her