Tips To Start MOCing

You’re welcome.

Another tip is that small system pieces, when used sparingly, can give an otherwise flat and boring MOC some much needed texture.

1 Like

Here’s something that I think should be discussed is what are some tips that you Bio-Mocists can provide about photographing your MOCs?

3 Likes

One thing is to choose the time of day that you photograph your MOCs wisely. I can only take them at night, so the pictures only look good in black and white.

How about lamps?

3 Likes

If you got those you’re prolly fine.

1 Like

True, I don’t have any portable lamps, so I didn’t think of it.

1 Like

What I do is take pics around noon, so the sun is coming through my window perfectly, and then turn on the lights on the ceiling fan lights. The gives it a nice natural light, and the overhead lamps bring out some of the detail.

HugeDomains.com I wrote a thread just for MOC-Photography. Its another one of my lenthy reads, but I wanted to be thorough. I hope it helps you guys with your photography. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

After all the hype of Bionicle’s return and finding ttv and it’s community I got out some of my few Bionicle parts and some technic parts and buit a Bionicle MOC. I did use the Inika build but I added a lot. :smiley:
I will take pictures soon.

Blank backgrounds, good lighting, and a decent camera.

That’s actually about it.

3 Likes

I’m actually working on one of my first MOCs as well. And I have a question: What tips do you guys have for body builds?

2 Likes

Uh, Glatorian Necks and L shaped Technic liftarms.

Vahki waists are also useful.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

What armor pieces do you guys find to be the most useful/use the most? (especially for custom torsos and limbs)

1 Like

Mostly flat to semi-flat stuff.

Things like, Bohrok shields, Metru chestplates(especially for waist armor) Various feet, especially for back armor.

CCBS is mostly better suited for limb pieces, in my experience, but it can be used in torsos.

These are far from all of the options though, just some I can think of.

6 Likes

The most useful are metru-to-barraki limbs/armor when they are used correctly. The CCBS is great now with the variety colours but are sometimes hard to pull off.

3 Likes

Metru-to-Barraki armor?

2 Likes

I wanted to say “metru to barraki” but got lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

@Awesomenessborn
I still don’t get what pieces you’re referring to. :stuck_out_tongue: