To Everyone Who Says they Don't want a G3

so, because a group of collectors with deep pockets got all the sets, means that everyone got the sets?

6 Likes

…What…

LEGO has to sell sets to kids, kids who probably don’t’care as much as someone who makes money off of talking about the sets. If you want to properly gauge this, talk to a few thousand kids who are actually the target demographic, and not college students with money to blow.

4 Likes

No, it shows that they decided to buy G2 and not HF. Not all of them have “deep pockets” CallenLOF is a college student, who absolutely do not have money to blow. but that dosen’t matter. What matter is that they bought it more than HF, and the fact that there are even BIONICLE collectors are all (not all of them are). And it’s the only form of evidence we can gauge of. Because we can’t ask THOUSANDS of kids we have to look at the only evidence we have, which is what I did because @Sammythekat asked me too twice:

I’m not one of those people who say that they never want a G3, I’m just one of them who says that I don’t want it any time soon. The next time I’d like to see BIONICLE again is in 5+ years, where LEGO has all their crap together and can actually handle BIONICLE properly as opposed to what they have done with G2.

I also want for my kids to be able to enjoy it.

5 Likes

You’re not providing evidence. You’re providing an assumption.

A rather large one actually.

4 Likes

No I’m not.

All those people bought more G2 sets than HF sets. That is a fact.

I 100% agree with this.

sir.

you are basing your “evidence” on weither or not HF sold better than bionicle off of a small section of older collectors, not the target demographic.

SURVEY.

IT’S CALLED.

A SURVEY.

4 Likes

A few Biotubers does not account for anyone else that may have bought any sets. Plain and simple.

4 Likes

I’m not sure we can start a survey of a bunch of kids, because the boards are made up of folks 13 and older.

As I stated earlier it’s the only evidence we have to go off of, and I think listing dozens of names would be a waste of time.

Because they hated HF for taking their G1 away, or they just did not care about HF, but lets get this straight.

They. don’t. matter.

Judging the sales is easy as heck, just look at how long the themes lasted. HF lasted twice as long as G2, showing that it sold better because it lived longer then the normal three years, whereas BIONICLE managed to tank halfway through its second year.

sure, some older and bias BIONICLE fans bought BIONICLE sets because it is BIONICLE, LEGO captured them with the name recognition and nostalgia. They did not spend as much money on HF because they did not care, due to the fact that plenty of them were still salty about the end of G1, ETC. But they are a few, bias BIONICLE fans who are older then the target demographic. They can’t be used as a example for every person who has ever bought a constraction set.

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter if that’s the only “evidence” we have. It’s unreliable.

3 Likes

Friendly reminder to be civil, guys. You guys can have this discussion without having to slam dunk each other or socially one upper everyone. Just be calm, polite and this could be an interesting debate.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t trust a bunch of teenagers on a website to conduct a proper survey.

3 Likes

we also have the lifespans of each, how slow the stock moved (how soon it went to clearance) etc.

6 Likes

As I stated earlier: This:[quote=“ThatchMac, post:8, topic:31979”]
The interesting thing about G2 is that it most definitely sold better than Hero Factory, but they didn’t cancel HF until G2 came out. G2 was canned BEFORE the next IP comes out. This is due to Lego’s 3 year development cycle. So why not just keep BIONICLE around until the next theme to sell to the buildable figure market? I think the situation is similar to G1. I think they expected it to be this big thing and when it only sold a little better than HF, they didn’t want to hurt the IP so they could potentially do something with it in the future.
[/quote]

This is all I want.

Also, as I replied to Raptortalon, Lego themes clearance life span is very similar to one another, the same that happened with G2 happened with many of other cancelled Lego themes (again Chima, HF, etc.)

But we have no proof to show that G2 was cancelled because they wanted to save the name, everything points to it being a colossal bomb. HF would have gone for longer if they never decided to bring back BIONICLE, but they did and ended up ruining the franchise. (probably)

4 Likes

Except for the evidence of Lego saying it did not sell bad, and the evidence that more BIONICLE fans and just buldable figure fans bought G2.

and by this, you mean that the sets in HF, Chima, etc all got clearanced before the cancellation was announced?

and yet, with the way sets hit clearance, long before the series was cancelled, i don’t think retailers are going to trust it.[quote=“ThatchMac, post:8, topic:31979”]
The interesting thing about G2 is that it most definitely sold better than Hero Factory
[/quote]

ok. give me some images of HF sets hitting clearance BEFORE the line was cancelled.

That’s not evidence.

3 Likes

You are correct here. Bionicle is a very original storyline and I am a person who feels G2 shouldn’t have been a reboot. I had wanted to see G1 continued. Just because something is original, though, doesn’t mean it should continue again. Everything gets stale.

Why would Lego bring back a toyline that utterly failed to the point in which it couldn’t even survive 2 out of the 3 planned years? They wouldn’t waste money for it to happen again. The team put excellent effort into the sets, which is what the kids are going to say. Thye must not have been good enough since[quote=“Sammythekat, post:4, topic:31979”]
Bionicle shelfwarmed.

Hard.

[/quote]
This is true. I still have Protectors in my store.[quote=“DinosaursUnited, post:1, topic:31979”]
Just cause G2 wasn’t what we hoped doesn’t mean a G3 can’t blow us all away.
[/quote]

How is G2 not what we had hoped for? Many of us in the community absolutely adored the sets, me included. G3 COULD be even better, why not? But that doesnt mean it’s happening.

why would they bring back

a failure

4 Likes