Toa Chiara 2.0 by Zarian

After months of nothing i finally had some time to do MOCs, i worked on her for about a week and i had like 4 or 5 version of her torso in that time and now im finally satisfied with the results.

Full Yesterday Quest team (well besides Gelu)

Old versions:

26 Likes

I like how the torso is built on this one, everything just flows into each other excellently. My only complaint is that the rahkshi head does feel like an afterthought as far as torso armor goes but it’s honestly not too bad.

2 Likes

It was the only piece that looked like armor and fitted aesthetically with rest of the torso, i had to partly rebuild torso to make it fit. This is preceding version

6 Likes

Looks good. The rahkshi head does look a bit out of place, and I think the torso could use more dark blue. Other than that though this is a pretty neat moc.

3 Likes

I thought about changing silver rahkshi head and trying dark blue one but i dont have any for now.

3 Likes

I was thinking more of that joint connector near the neck and some liftarms

1 Like

honestly i would mabye change the rakshii head to blue but this looks really cool
one of my favourite chiara’s

1 Like

looking really good, I share the same view as some others here with the rahkshi head but I can’t think of anything better so yeah

1 Like

The inner workings of the torso, the pelvis, and the thighs are just spectacular build-wise. Really nice job, and I like the spear too.

And yet…

Call me crazy, but I actually like the more voluptuous version better. Not because I think Chiara should fill out a sweater, but because the color, coverage, and overall aesthetics just work better in my eyes. The version with no torso armoring at all is my favorite, though, although it would be improved by a flat blue piece on the front to tie it all together.

3 Likes

I prefer the previous version as a moc, but I think that the Volitak looks better on this moc

I would also echo Eukah’s comment about swapping some of the white pieces in the chest for dark blue (or some other shade, perhaps) to improve the color distribution

4 Likes

That torso build is incredible, any chance we could get one or two more breakdown pics?

Also, the way you did the spear (with the little secondary blade) is quite nice.

2 Likes

I plan to post some build photos after Zaria, Orde and Chiara contest will start (Duckbricks one) though in my opinion it wouldnt be so hard to recreate it just from photos.

2 Likes