Toa Hagah. BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

This is the entry thumbnail

These are my entries for Toa Pouks, Toa Kualus, Toa Bomonga, and Toa Gaaki in the Toa Hagah contest. I tried my best to give them different looks while also being similar to be considered a team visionally along Iruni and Norik.

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)

Let’s start with the first, Toa Pouks. I chose to give him an upside down Metru torso as a nod to Pohatu. And make him standout to the rest of the Toa.

Front

Both Sides

Back

Action Poses

Next is Toa Kualus. I gave him a G2 mask to be a little different than the rest. Of course this can be changed in the art.

Front

Sides

Back

Action Poses

Next is Toa Bomonga. I gave him the long arms to make him different.

Front

Sides

Back

Action Pose

Last but not least is Toa Gaaki. I made her as tall as Iruni.

Front

Sides

Back

Action Poses

These are the breakdowns of the builds for the Toa

Toa Pouks

Toa Kualus

Toa Bomonga

Toa Gaaki

Their weapons

These are comparisons with Iruni. I do not own Whenua.

I hope you guys like the MOCs. I had a fun time creating them and am happy to be taking part of this contest.

17 Likes

While I’m not a fan of the upside-down torso concept with the Metru torsos, I will give some advice. Using a blue pin/axel adaptor seems like it can make the head rather floppy. Instead- use a three long axel, connected to an axel accepting, two long beam, which is further connected to the hole below the head attachment by another pin or axel. This will make for a much more stable head without compromising its image too greatly.

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice! Will do next time. Hopefully if it wins. It may be fixed in the art portion

1 Like

I really enjoy Bomonga’s design, I think it turned out really well!

2 Likes

Changed category to Lego Creations

1 Like

Not sure. What category I’m supposed to put it under. Do I put it under LEGO/BIONICLE or Lego Creations?

1 Like

Don’t sweat it, the names seem like they should be interchangeable, I know. LEGO/BIONICLE is for BIONICLE discussions, while any lego creations should be under Creative Content/Lego Creations. I changed it for you already, just keep it in mind in future.

1 Like

I don’t see my entry in the “Honor Guard: entry list”. Did I put it in the wrong one?

1 Like

You need to post a link to this topic in the Honor Guard Entry List topic. Eljay will then review your entry to make sure it conforms to the rules, and once it’s approved, it will be added.

2 Likes

How do I do that? Sorry I’m a noob at this

2 Likes

Copy and paste the web address from your browser.

2 Likes

Okay got it! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

No problemo :grinning:

2 Likes

Interesting concepts, good luck

2 Likes

Thank you. Same to you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, potbelly pouks. I’m still not a big fan of the flipped Mettur torso, few entries pull it off decently. It doesn’t make a good running function either, since the legs swing at an angle.

I do like Gaaki’s spear tip, though, since it has that little wave pattern.

And I’m not big on the shoulder mod, would prefer it not be on official models.

3 Likes