Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

No, the waist would be allowed to be arranged that’s why I haven’t attatched any of the parts with axels or pins in that picture to illustrate that.

That is exactly what they are.

Been several really cool mocs shown through out this topic and on yesterdays Nak and Jay to prove you otherwise.

If we can flip or rotate the metru torso or if can extend metru torso with another parts next to torso.
I think this will give more creativity.

I did say you could change the position of the waist like how the toa metru does it didn’t I? It’ll give you plenty of freedom.

Then you also have the choice of connecting the different pieces with any axel or pin you’d want whether you want a 32 long axel through the torso or a 2 long is up to you. Same with the pins.

That’ll give you plenty of freedom and then you could add other stuff on top of these pieces giving you even more freedom. Also as I mentioned earlier since the metru chestplate is the least important part in that constrct it too can be replaced giving you even more freedom.

Basically this restriction would be like if you gave some one a hero factory 2,0 hero without a face, helmet or mask and told them to go nuts. Its peak freedom within a theme or system

Bear in mind that masks associated with the Makuta only became “immoral” after their open rebellion against Mata Nui, which occurred long after the Toa Hagah ceased to exist. The masks technically weren’t even taboo yet.

4 Likes

I agree. However, most of the immoral Kanohi we have are the Karda makuta masks, which they purposely shape shifted to look evil. A Hagah wouldn’t wear those particular versions, imo. I could see a Tryna, though. And, if we’re allowed 3D printed masks this go around, I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing some of the other immoral masks.

4 Likes

still goin strong apparently.

1 Like

In all regards to printed masks, I think ones that are meant to be versions of pre-existing masks are okay because those have context behind them in which you can easily tell what mask it’s shaped like. If a hagah wears a “non aquatic tryna” as it’s shape then I can tell it’s supposed to be a non aquatic tryna because it looks like a regular tryna.

1 Like

Masks can just be left up to the entrants right? If a preexisting mask wins, then that’s fine. If a new, unique mask shape wins, that’s also fine, and it just becomes canonized as a new mask shape.

1 Like

I think, even completely new Kanohi has no problem,

Norik’s pehkui was forged in honor of old hero wearing the Noble kiril.
Iruini’s mask was given same mask in honor of another hero who was wearing a kualsi.
Mr. Grag said. it’s same shape as normal kualsi

hagah team got a new mask when they became Hagah team. but it did not necessarily take the shape of another Kanohi.
Like in the case of Iruini.

1 Like

I would personally say that yes, the second photo counts as a “Hagah Build”, since it maintains the consistency with the two already existing sets of having no heartlight.:slightly_smiling_face:
The one with the heartlight, not so much.

3 Likes

Daily reminder that Iruini is canonically the only exception.

Also, interesting thought about the immoral masks: they’re masks Toa wouldn’t normally wear. No one said that the past heroes were Toa; in fact, Greg has stated that they might not be. One of them could be honouring a past non-Toa hero who wore a Tryna, or a mask of Undeath.

6 Likes

The Thigh Armor Stays the Same! lol
I’m dead serious tho, yall better not vote for varying thigh armor :eye:

1 Like

ahh, did I miss something? I know that their were given masks shaped like old hero’s masks
but I’ve never seen that mask shape had to be different from original shape.
Did Mr.Grag said Iruini is only exception?
I might remember it wrong.

1 Like

If you use varying thigh armor you enable more creativity. Also don’t force people to vote for something.

1 Like

Varying thigh armor makes no sense, and this is a canon contest

Why?

They have different shin, different shoulders, different chest plates. Why draw the line at thigh armour?

5 Likes

@Takutanuva Very creative, yet cursed

@Racie02 Both Norik & Iruini have the same thigh armour and feet
Just piece 2 & 2 together to understand where i’m coming from

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POST- Spiderus Prime

Okay.
By that logic, both Tahu and Lewa have the same left hand. Therefore, it makes no sense for a mata build Toa to have two sword arms.
Wait…

6 Likes

Umm, not really
But look at it how you wanna

What I’m getting at is, the fact that two Toa share a single aspect doesn’t mean all six do. And we already know other aspects vary among them.

7 Likes