Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

im sorry but one question you again.

Can we reduce or increase the gap between their body and shoulders by about one stud?

I’m not TTV, but I can say with a very high degree of certainty that the hip-to-shoulder length can be changed. Between the 9 figures that use this torso construction, the hips were attached 3 different ways, plus there is a fourth way that was never used on a set.

The only reason this might be restricted is because the two Hagah sets both used the same hip length.

EDIT: Never mind, I totally misread that question.

2 Likes

Eljay and Meso have consistently shown they are far more inclined to get things over with and be uncomfortable than be in comfort and have it take way longer than necessary. And I can’t blame them.

You are alone. The rest of the Bionicle community would like an answer sooner than half a year. And IMO, the cast would rather not be fielding questions about the results for half a year either.

And I just realized I never really answered Racie’s question.

With a group art portion, individual art becomes completely unnecessary outside of saving BS01 the extra effort of trimming the group photo. You have all four - or all six - Toa Hagah together in one piece, where you can color-correct, match mask designs, and keep them stylistically consistent, all things you would otherwise be compensation for if there was an individual art contest.

Combining an individual art contest with the MOCing period would simply require the artists to go through two contests in the same contest, and without the group art, you have a difficult time telling what is and isn’t stylization. I’m also for mandating that Toa Norik and Toa Iruini be in the group shot, so we can tell precisely what is and isn’t a specific style.

I am also not TTV, but I’ve written up some rules which I believe would satisfy everyone involved and be the most effective system for running the contests. They’re called the Ghid Rules:

1 Like

That’s… not the question that was asked. At all.

2 Likes

You are totally right. I don’t know how I misread that.

The way I see it, shoulder restrictions could go either way.

Is it possible that there are actually two (or more) matoran in the water, one with a mask of emulation, and one with a kiril?

1 Like

No. Canonically, only one Matoran was there, and only one Matoran died. Also, unless I’m misremembering, the books take precedence here, and have Hahli be the Toa rescued from certain death.

EDIT: Bruh it even says The Toa Of Water in the comic blurb Sayger man do you need a hug

7 Likes

From Legends 5: Inferno:

"A head broke the surface, wearing a Kanohi mask. It was a Matoran! Toa Jaller helped both him and Hahli to the beach. The Toa of Water was already recovering, but the Matoran collapsed as soon as he hit land.

“Who are you?” said Jaller. “Where did you come from?”
“No time,” gasped the Matoran. “Help us… city beneath the sea… help us or we’re lost…”
“What city?” asked Hewkii. “What are you talking about?”

But the Matoran wasn’t saying any more. His heartlight stopped shining and his eyes faded to
black. He was dead."

That’s the way Sayger drew it as well. Jaller was there to get her out of the water.

1 Like

new canon fact: Hahli turns red underwater

4 Likes

4 Likes

Still don’t get the want for a custom torso feels kinda pointless, if someone would educate me, on the reasons that would be nice

1 Like

I’ve got boxes full of Red Hahli!

3 Likes

Re:Danju’s gold.

The reason Brickset says it’s Warm Gold is tangential to the warm gold Kraahkan from late 2005 playset productions. In 2006, the three current gold colors (127 Gold/Pearl Light Gold, 147 Metallic Sand Yellow/Flat Dark Gold, and 189 Reddish Gold) were replaced by 297 Warm Gold (Pearl Gold on BL). This lead late productions to use the new gold color inplace of these three, including the Playsets, and the Knights’ Kingdom figures. Brickset’s inventory is retrieved from LEGO’s servers, which would usually have the pieces that they’d have for replacement, thus taking the later color.

Danju’s regular gold is Reddish Gold, which is one of several colors that BL calls Copper. This is the same color that was used for Nuhvok-Kal’s Krana and some of the Kraata, including Turahk’s.

6 Likes

stop being so smart

I was thinking about it more and I made another little shoulder design for Gaaki thats light armor that anyone can feel free to snatch if interested. Not sure I’ll be entering it anyways.

They do still spin as well

7 Likes

POST 1500 EVERYBODY! WE DID IT!

13 Likes

Ok that’s a wrap, time to close the topic, thank you all for your participation

2 Likes

Maybe that’s because the fans are putting undue pressure on them, or they assume that we are (that’s not rhetorical). If this were an official contest run by LEGO, we’d probably be waiting longer than a month for results. I don’t see why we can’t be patient.

Statistically unlikely. And I can’t see any world where it will take more than a month, let alone half a year, to get the results of a single Hagah contest.

We’d also be allowed cut pieces and wait for Greg to put out the next book before we see who the winners are. Oh, and we’d probably get a physical prize too. Incentive for waiting half a year.

There’s really no reason, but you aren’t going to convince anybody who would rather be impatient with this logic. So I’m going to factor in the impatient fans as well as Eljay and Meso wanting to have a life and not think about the results of the Hagah contest for four months as a unchanging constant.

Dangerous words. The only statistics provided here was the word of around 20 people on what a Hagah torso is with no context in relation to the canon contest (I’m not going down that road again), and since it was spread out around four different communities and barely represented the groups as a whole, it was completely ignored.

If you can get a statistic that says otherwise, I’d like to see it.

But we’re not seeing a single Hagah contest. We’re seeing the results of four Hagah contests, all held at the same time, which - even if the vote vetting is spaced out evenly over a long period of time - must happen all at once for entries and building time to occur.

Ignoring the problems with allowing people to register and then watch three other contests occur, making them try any possible way to alter their entry to better fit the crowd opinion of the other three, spacing the week-long voting period out for each Hagah contest to not run simultaneously would be little lightened pressure when the entry period is equally as stressful and definitely not spaced out. Sure, slightly less stressful, but now four times as long.

And then there’d be a week-long (by your estimation, if I recall) vote vetting period for each entry. At the bare minimum this process adds two months to what would otherwise be less than a month total. And I’m not you or Eljay or anyone else, but I’d really rather not deal with calls of bias, fixing the vote, mismanagement, public dissent, questioning the contests as a whole, or calling for their complete removal based on a vocal extreme minority, two months longer than I have to.

And so far I don’t think he’s been tickled by the concept, personally.

3 Likes

Perfect Hagah contest:

Both moc and art are allowed to be made from very beginning

Metru-build-like look

Any armoring/limb parts allowed

Any pearl armor

Gaaki can have white or gold armor “because it’s not part of her body and can be any color”

1 Like