Toa Hagah Canon Contest Format Feedback

Now it looks even more like he’s taking a dump

Also I instinctively saw that mask as the black/silver Tehutti mask and had to look hard to process it was all silver

Then I hate to break it to you, but Kualus can’t exist even with all those pieces being 3d printed: The chest is clipping.

2 Likes

I mean kinda, ngl.

1 Like

Or someone could just remove the pistons from the bottom.

They’re not exactly pivotal to the design.

1 Like

Also Pouks gotta lose the mask

I love it, I think if you expanded upon it it could be a great MoC.

1 Like

And the, uh, whole bottom third of the armor, and the middle arch, and the side portions…

Working with Iliad has made me hyperaware of clipping

4 Likes

wait that’s still happening?

1 Like

Bruh

8 Likes

Ooooh looks great! That other hip piece and that torso armor making it flow nicely works so much better.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Looks fine IMO but the stance does make the Toa look elderly. Not sure if it fits a team of elite toa. Then again, Onua was originally envisioned as an old man as well, so what do I know.

I’d also ask what’s the issue with the vahki waist, but then I realized I’m asking what defines a metru build again.

7 Likes

I think the fact that the spear looks like a cane, he is wearing a Noble Huna (old man Vakama vibes), and hordika feet looking like slippers doesn’t help the case. He may of unintentionally crafted the perfect old man Toa

11 Likes

Canonically speaking, the Toa Hagah were formed from various groups of Toa, so they all probably have different ages as well. There’s no reason why we can’t have Old Man Bomonga.

3 Likes

Oh.

Oh man.

I really hate that you’re right. :laughing:

Oh no, I started another Hagah meme… :man_facepalming:

I won’t go too much into it, but personally I don’t see any problem. The lower torso piece isn’t unique to the Metru or the Hagah and the Vahki waist has the same stud dimensions, sooooo…

7 Likes

I think that since if you put that waist on an Inika torso it would still be called an Inika build, its fair to say that putting it on a Metru torso is still a Metru build, but I’m not touching on it more than that

6 Likes

I can’t unsee this now…

I unironically really like that design though - it’s the most natural-looking hunched metru build I’ve seen. (Personally I have no issue with the Vahki waist - especially given it’s a part that also came out in 2004. It doesn’t look at all out of place.)

8 Likes

As it turns out, the more characters there are in a single contest, the memes exponentially go up.

7 Likes

So are we going to try to choose unconventional eye colors as well? Normal eye colors? Just orange and lime?

I would think since they use the Metru build, all metru eye colors should be allowed at least.

I wish Lego had made a broader range of colours available for those heads though. If Mata heads are able to be used that opens up more options.

Ideally we’d have free reign, but that could create a whole other discussion about 3d-printed eyes (which were not allowed in the previous canon contest rules)

That does bring up a question though (forgive me if this has already been discussed somewhere): Since a new eye colour would use the existing piece shape, does that count as a recolour, or since it’s unable to be painted would it be disallowed as requiring 3d printing?

2 Likes