Toa Hagah Kualus and Bomonga (Canon Contest #3, Honor Guard)

Hey everyone! Just happened to be working on some Metru redesign right before this contest, so I thought I’d give this a shot!

I chose to depict Bomonga and Kualus with body-types that went against the typical choice for Toa of their respective elements. Toa of Earth are often burly and rough, while Bomonga is more tall and almost regal-looking. Toa of Ice are often built with skinny frames, while Kualus is the shortest of the Hagah.

I’ve built all the hagah around a year ago now, and the limbs and armor I’ve given them in this illustration are similar to that. The choice of armor pieces and color are paired. As the deputy, Bomonga sports the same armor as Norik. Kualus and Pouks have pearl dark grey armor, etc.

For my mask designs, I partly used my personally head canon to design them- the mouthpiece of each mask is actually unique to each character, which the mask fits around. I based the mouthpieces loosely on 00dude00’s depictions of the mask of growth and rahi control, and designed the Faxon and Arthron around them.

I give consent for my mask to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)
I give consent for my metallic color choice to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (No)
I give consent for my spear tip to be altered in the final group art if the artist chooses: (Yes)

Feedback is appreciated!

35 Likes

Those are some cool mask designs.

1 Like

Love it. Best of luck in the contest!

2 Likes

Yo these are sick! I know you didn’t have time to finish the rest but I’d love to see the others afterwards.

1 Like

While I was imagining what potential design qualities I’d like to see for this competition, having body-types going against the norm for Bomonga and Kualus was one of first and most appealing. This is eerily close to what I would have pictured, even down to the armor, metallic color, and spear tip choices, so kudos!

2 Likes

@Oonie Thanks a bunch! The spear tips were chosen thanks to Demitsorou’s renditions of the Hagah
@KanohiReqi I’m glad to hear that! If I have time I may enter the second part of the contest

1 Like

These are amazing and you even included heartlights thaaaaanks! That’s something Helryx sorely lacks in her art piece and I love that one.

1 Like

Does anyone else want to see these 3d printed? They are rad as hell!

2 Likes