Toa Hagah V1

So since everyone is sharing these, I figured I’d show off the ones I made in 2019. Meaning there’s 2020 versions that I’m going to hold off on revealing, but whatever. Here’s a group shot of the crew after getting turned back into Toa.

And here are some individual shots of each of them next to their Rahaga Counterparts.

!

Finally, a few action shots and close-ups of the masks. I would have entered these, especially with how much positive feedback I got on them back in the day. However, since it turns out I can’t use these masks, I had to partially scrap and redo parts of them.

So, there you got. Let me know what you think. Or don’t. Whatever. These MOCs were my pride and joy since I planned on making them for the longest time, even listing parts and imagining how they’d look, as silly as it sounds. So feel free to tear me apart as you please.

26 Likes

Just so you know, 3d printed masks will (probably) be allowed in the contests. Or is there another reason you aren’t using them?

Also, I love the use of Whenua’s drills as shoulderpads.

2 Likes

For varying reasons, some 3-D modelers banned their masks from being used in the contests. Because of that, only modelers that gave their permission may be used.

6d. At this time, the only 3D modelers who have expressly allowed the usage of their pieces are KingSidorak, Galva_, GX_05, KhingK, Vahki6 (for him, check this post), D-S-Creation-Forge.

I don’t know who made these masks, so I can’t confirm.

2 Likes

From what I recall they were made by 00dude00 and expressed that he does NOT want them being used in the contest. I can’t seem to find where tho. If someone could drop it that’d be great.
Nice designs, although the gold is visibly off shade. Nice mocs regardless!

2 Likes

The original creator of the masks, 00dude00, specifically said he DID NOT want anyone using these masks for any contests. And he was somewhat rude to me when I asked him. So These versions cannot be used and I was forced to redo them.

2 Likes

I should have realized that. Makes sense. Thanks.

2 Likes

Funnily enough, I chose a Nuju tool as Bomonga’s staff-head on my MOC of him too…

These look fantastic overall. I like the Hordika foot as chest armor, though it’s a bit flat in the middle. The Whenua drills as pauldrons are absolutely genius.

2 Likes

Pretty cool!

I love the drill shoulder pads!

2 Likes

Is there a record of him saying that?

1 Like

Even if there is no record of him saying he doesn’t want them used, they still can’t be used; permission had to be given for masks back in July.

There has to be explicit permission of consent, not just a lack of denial of consent.

Of course, I am sure there is a record somewhere of an explicit denial as well, but I don’t know where it is.

1 Like

@ToaKebaka
@TheJerminator

Right here

Plainly stated, he doesn’t agree with the rules and does not wish to forfeit the model to be subject to 3D printing as the other creators have. While I’m inclined to agree with him, at the same time, clear as day, he has made his wishes to not make the models available, thus they cannot be used as per the rules of the contest… which still confuse me to some degree.

As such, even if I did enter these, I’d be disqualified for not providing a 3D model file for each mask. I personally don’t agree with this rule either, but I am doing my best to follow everything they tell me to.

2 Likes

Perhaps he will enter himself, seeing as he made those widely aknowledged Hagah models back in the day.

1 Like

That is a plausible theory, but you’re overlooking one key piece of the puzzle. To enter himself, he has to follow the same rules all of us have to, which means he would have had to provide the 3D models for the mask as per the rules AND give the approval to use them for the contest.

He hasn’t done either of those, so if he were to enter, they would most likely be disqualified even though so many people, myself included, love those models. Since he doesn’t wish to do either since it infringes in creative liberties for himself as a creator, I don’t see that happening. Aside from how he coldly blew me off when I asked his permission, I do agree with him, to a certain extent, as I feel that rule kind of doesn’t make sense to a degree.

I won’t go into it here, but while I don’t agree with the rule and I agree with 00dude00, I will follow the rules. As a creator and artist myself, I can see where he is coming from and why he doesn’t want to essentially “give away” the models of the mask when they are readily available on shapeways. I still find some of these rules regarding 3D printed pieces rather confusing, as it is, so that doesn’t help matters.

1 Like

It is a shame, I always considered his models and masks to be the best Toa Hagah representation.

1 Like

Very creative Metru builds! A job well done with these MOCs

1 Like

Well, would this design (or at one similar to it) be allowed then? (It seems to be similar enough to 00dude00‘s Kanohi design that the MOC would have very much the same feel):

Doubtful. It looks similar because it is also designed by him. It was an earlier design.

1 Like

Oh.
Well, then, how different would you figure the design would have to look from 00dude00‘s design in order to be permissible?

1 Like

Well, to that I do not have a clear answer. If it will be too similar, either he, or TTV staff might claim plagiarism and DQ anything with such designs.

2 Likes

Gotcha.
(This might require some testing…:thinking:)

2 Likes