Toa Helryx (BIONICLE Canon Contest #1 | The First)

My entry for the Canon contest for Toa Helryx.

The design was inspired by older Bionicle sets and knights kingdom sets. As such I tried to keep her set-like and have the feel of those older Bionicle sets while using some modern technic techniques.
I like to imagine Helryx has had some changes to her armour over the years so that reflects with there been to colours of silver in the model.
The mace is more elemental while also looking old and used. The shield is also weapon like being a buzz saw piece.

The build has 14 points of articulation which allow for full range of possibility and has waist articulation. The side skirts can move while posing.

Front:

Side:

Back:

Breakdown

Front:

Back:

Head:

Weapons:

Optional Gears
The build has the ability to be switch to a Metru style gear function if desired , it does however remove the weapons storage on the back.

I hope you like it :+1:

39 Likes

Absolutely fantastic, you did super well!

1 Like

Thanks dude :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is awesome

2 Likes

I love the take you took on the design, I am always happy to see more knights kindom helmets and armor. I usually hate metru torsos… but you pulled it off really well.

best of luck!

2 Likes

This may sound weird, but it may be too knight-ish for my taste. I understand that that’s part of the intent, but it always seems odd to me when Bionicle MOCs feature realistic armor styles (one trying to depict canonical characters, anyway). Still a solid design, though.

2 Likes

Yes please, we need more Knights Kingdom pieces in Bionicle. (I have high hopes for eventual Zaria MOC)

2 Likes

I like the design, especially the shield, but I feel like it comes off more as a Knight’s Kingdom set using Bionicle pieces more than a Bionicle set using Knight’s Kingdom pieces. I know there are more Bionicle parts than Knight’s, but the Knight’s pieces are the ones that are most attention-grabbing.

2 Likes

I’ve always seen her with medieval looking armor- well done!

2 Likes