Toa Inika as Canister Metru Sets

These are simple, yet effective. I really like Hewkii, I think he is the best. That Gen 2 axe head works great for him.

EKnight

4 Likes

I don’t think the shoulders need to be that wide, and I feel like the lower leg is far too long. Doing a custom leg would probably look a lot better. I do like Metru builds though.

2 Likes

I feel like the bushing in the arms makes the shoulders a bit gappy. Everything else looks pretty good.

2 Likes

I like how you emulated the proportions of the Inika by making the shoulders wider. Nice mocs

1 Like

They look very good, but I would suggest to remove the bushing in the shoulders and just attach the shoulder mod directly to the body because their shoulders are really wide.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I saw these on the subreddit. Still look great, and I just noticed you gave them their original forearms, that’s a nice touch.

2 Likes

darnit, someone else already said it. I second what @Krelikan said here, but this is overall a cool concept

2 Likes

Thank you guys!

To kind of address a common thing, the wide shoulders and bushing was a deliberate style choice, if you disagree that’s okay but I want to make it clear it was a design decision bc I like it lol. Same thing with the Inika legs, I love those lower legs and after playing around with different designs I kept coming back to this one. Just different strokes for different folks :slight_smile:

Why is kongu twerking

8 Likes

Wow the painted parts look so good!

1 Like

bc he’s a MATERIAL GWORL

It wouldn’t be quite so bad if it wasn’t Kongu watching

3 Likes

Nah, Kongu’s recording himself for a TikTok

3 Likes

i was confused about the ignika until i saw it was mata nui’s

I don’t see how the shoulder mod is illegal, since there’s no problem with the connection if you use the ball joint with the bar holes on both sides.

But then if you rotate the ball in the socket, the “flat side” of the ball will move, and you have the same collision as if you had just used the one-sided ball.

Of course, this can be fixed for either ball type by simply leaving a small gap between the shoulder socket part and upper arm.

2 Likes

Actually, I tried it with the newer ball joint (with two connections) and for basic back-and-forth motion there is no collision. But I assume you are meaning if the arm is moved in any direction other than backwards and forwards, the parts will collide, correct?

Yeah.

1 Like

Ok. Now I understand what you meant. Thank you for the clarification!

1 Like

Your Hewkii looks nice and strapping, that one’s gotta be my favorite