Toa Karda And Co

ha ha I am in a school full of nerds. They get excited when a new episode of their favorite show comes out. Or they love setting up Microsoft Outlook (guilty). but have you created your own mocs along this line?

1 Like

My critique of each individual character:

Photok: The “wings” look like random weapons jutting out from his shoulders. Try to make the wings look sleeker and try removing the brown too. The scarabax shield is sorta iconic and unique to Mata Nui…try switching it out with an original weapon or take it out altogether.

Tamna: Arms are too long (long weapons make them even longer).

Solek: Looks great, but try taking out at least one colour from his colour scheme to make him look more cohesive (recommend taking out Dark Blue or Gunmetal).

Mazeka: Looks great.

Kirop: Either make the legs bulkier or the body skinnier.

Galva: Looks great.

Radiak: Is a modified Ackar with a Radiak mask slapped on it. Try making it more original?

Vultraz: Looks great.

Onuma: Skinny legs for a Toa of Earth.

Silvana: Woah, so good.

Nurak: Put some red on those legs. Also, dat crotch tho

Inumi: Too many colours. Stick to 1-2 shades of green and blue.

Mahrok: Give the legs the CCBS that they deserve.

Dezar: Too many colours.

Mahu: SKINNY LEGS.

Kurar: Looks great.

BTW Your Mocs made me very nostalgic of when I, myself first created Mocs when I was young. I had not that many pieces but so many ideas… I like how you innovate simple, but good designs to make up for lack of parts. You have great potential as a Moccist, but need practice (and more pieces).

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, I’ll try to add and modify to the best of my ability and I’ll post the newer version here. Also thank you for your compliment

You know what, I really want to revisit this.

I’ve heard all too often “too many colors”, but I’m sure that doesn’t help. However, perhaps this will:

First of all, when people say color, they don’t mean “blue” or “red”. They mean the exact ■■■■■■■■■■. For instance, these and these aren’t the same “color”. Sure they are both blue, but they are different shades, and for moccing purposes should be treated like entirely different colors.

With that aside, let’s talk about color schemes. When choosing your color scheme, you want to very careful to not use too many different “colors”(remember last paragraph?)

When I was new to moccing, I used to try and work under a formula:

Main color + secondary color + neutral color + metallic color + transparent color = Colorscheme

The main “color” is usually your elemental color. When using this, make sure to only use one shade.

Your secondary color can be one of two things; either another shade of your main color or an entirely different color(Even if it’s another color, it must still be one shade). If you have a neutral color, you don’t need a secondary color, but you can use both.

Your Neutral color is grey, black, or (rarely)white. If you have a secondary color, you don’t need a neutral color, but you can still use both.

The metallic color is Silver, gunmetal, or gold and is used in weapons, gear(jetpacks, wings, ETC.), and a small amount of armor.

Lastly, your transparent color is what you use for the eyes. Much of the time, you will only use it for the eyes, but sometimes you can put very small traces of it around the armor and body.

I don’t know if that helps, but I hope it did. If you need me to clarify something, go ahead and let me know. Also, I would like to see you try the formula to see if you did learn from it.

Good luck with future mocs!

5 Likes

thank you for that helpful advice. I took that into account when I remade Radiak into a more original form. I hope that you guys will like it. I’ll post it in the coming days.

1 Like

Also, I recommend changing the Kanohi of Tanma, Solek, Photok, Kirop, Radiak, and Gavla because they all have Noble Kanohi, and in the case of the latter three, immoral Kanohi.

1 Like

Toa are capable of wearing and using Noble Kanohi. The Toa Mata did it just fine.

2 Likes

The Mata’s Kanohii were great not noble

Those were their primary masks. They did switch masks from time to time, like Kopaka using a Noble Huna and a Noble Mahiki whilst trying to save Matoro from the Time-Travelling Muaka.

1 Like

The Mata did use some of the noble masks. Example; Kopaka using a noble mahiki.

4 Likes

That’s non-canon.

They are, however, fully capable of using noble kanohi.

3 Likes

MNOG was declared semi-canon, if I recall correctly.

1 Like

From my understanding

In the books they were given extra noble kanohi by the turaga

I might be wrong tho…

2 Likes

After some time, I am finally posting my V.3 Radiak. Enjoy and give me some feedback on it

Big post.
Most of them seem “meh”. Not bad, but not specially original either.
Photok seems overcharged with pieces if you ask me, and the palette color is kind of distracting. I would recomend to change the black pieces by grey pieces, since they look better with silver.
Tanma… I don’t know why you choose those wings for him, I would have made something with Gresh’s swords, since they seem to fit more the design. Also, those golden pieces look totally out of place.
Solek looks really nice, but I still think you could have made a better build there, specially for his chest that looks just… boring in comparison with the rest of the body.
Mazeka looks solid, but his weapon is very redundant with he having that shield. Also, there’s more unnecessary golden.
Kirop… he has a very solid palette, I’ll give you that. But I feel he looks like a prototype and nothing more, his legs look to skinny and his arms unnecessarily long.
Gavla looks pretty nice, however that green at the back of his hands pretty much ruin the overall feeling of the toa.
Radiak: It’s a rehash of Ackar. Too much red and orange when the palette should be black and red. If you want to keep the color palette, I think Antroz’s Jetrax Mask would fit better.
Vultraz… It’s ok I guess, But that white in his weapon breaks the color palette, so does that silver piece in his arm.
Onuma has a weird build, but what beats me is why did you decide to use blue on a toa of earth
Silvana: I really like this one… well, most of it. That white piece in her chest looks just our of place.
Nurak: You should balance his legs, they look out of place with all that yellow. Just change those thighs by red ones and you are good to go.
Inumi is just fine. I really like him. The only problem I can think so is the golden in his weapon, but since it’s just a weapon and not a part of his body I say he is fine.
Mahrok: His mask… It’s just… out of place. The blue worked on Inumi because it was just for details, not for his face. Also, he is just too big for a Matoran. and his claws and thighs look weird. I would recomend changind his thigs with his arms in any case.
Dezar: It’s a rainbow. I got nothing more to say.
Mahu: His legs are too skiny, there is an awkward red piece in there and I think you should add more gold to his body to even his colors.
Kurar: It’s a Kongu rehash, appart from that he has an odd but interesting palette color.

Aaaand that covers them all. Since they are V1 there is room for improvement, but there are some interesting ideas in there. Keep trying.

@codenamelego39 Looks fine. His weapons are kind of awkward but he seems fine.

Edited for Double Post -Nyran

1 Like

Just saying, I explained why Mazeka and Vultraz have the gold and silver peces.

I also explained why Onuma has blue pieces

Oh and Silvana is a guy and Gavla is a girl

1 Like

Silvana is a girl’s name. Just saying.
I guess the thing with Vultraz and Mazeka makes sense. those are the less weird of them all after all.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, I wanted to give you guys an update on the editing process so here are some images of Silvana, Onuma, Dezar, and Mahrok.

I eliminated the green and whit pieces from Silvana so he would look more like a Toa of Iron

I added blue pieces to Mahrok so you can tell he is a Matoran of Plant Life

I also changed Dezar’s element completely to Iron because I didn’t have enough brown pieces

I also made it so Onuma’s legs are shorter

So let me know what you guys think and anything else I should improve

Nice, but they should be Toa of Light.
Well, Tanma, Photok and Solek at least. I’m not sure if Kirop, Radiak and Gavla would be light or shadow.

They would be shadow.