Toa Mata - Toa Metru comparation

A very easy question. How big are Toa Metru compared to Toa Mata?

1 Like

Set-wise or story-wise?

Story wise? Exactly the same, just as the Toa Inika, Toa Mahri, Toa Hordika, and every single Toa that weren’t rebuilt by the Dark Hunters in existence.

If you mean set-wise, to prephase what I’m about to say:

• A module is a LEGO unit equivalent to the width of a stud or a pinhole, etc. and is 8 millimeters in length. A very easy way to measure this is to have your figure stand perfectly straight (which isn’t very easy in real life, but it is in digital tools), and compare them to the lengths of technic beams or LEGO bricks.
  • I will be disregarding the heigh of the masks as those are interchangable; I’m therefor measuring to the top of the head.

Toa Mata Tahu, Gali, Lewa and Kopaka stand at 1.6 decimeters / ~6.3 inches / 20 Modules.
Of course, Pohatu and Onua are shorter than this, however:

• Onua is 1.44 dm / ~5.7" / 18 Modules
  • Pohatu is 1.52 dm / ~6.0" / 19 Modules

The Toa Nuva, owing to their alternate leg design are slightly taller:

• Tahu, Gali, Kopaka and Lewa Nuva, as well as Takanuva, are 1.68 dm / ~6.6" / 21 Modules
    Additionally, the heights for Onua and Pohatu are flipped for their Nuva forms compared to their Mata forms.

For the Toa Metru:

• Whenua is 1.76 dm / ~6.9" / 22 Modules
  • Vakama, Matau, and Onewa are 1.84 dm / ~7.2" / 23 Modules
  • Nuju, Nokama, Lhikan, and Norik are 2.0 dm / ~7.9" / 25 Modules
  • Iruini is 2.08 dm / ~8.2" / 26 Modules

Incidentally, the height of Tahu Mata in decimeters is what yielded a Toa being 1.6 Bio in the story.

4 Likes

Set-wise.
@Wolk So, you’re saying that they differ only a couple of centimeters? I always thought they were much bigger.

Here’s a comparison between Onewa and Pohatu:

2 Likes

Seeing this picture makes me salty that Lego didn’t have the motivation to make light tan hand connectors and double hand connectors :confused:

They made tan hand connectors, just not double ones:

2 Likes

This.

1 Like

Toa have pretty consistent sizes, as well as other species. It’s roughly 6 feet and the height of sets from different waves has nothing to do with it. It’s just different iterations of them in different scales, kinda like with, let’s say, car models, that can be scaled 1:100, 1:50 etc.