Toa Metru G2 Mocs

Hey there,
Continuing with my Bionicle 2017 project, I started on the summer wave. (I know, it’s a bit early but I couldn’t help myself). For this wave me and @poharu decided to bring back the Toa Metru. I already started making my renditions and will gladly show them to you here.
Up first we have Whenua:

Last but not least, here’s Nuju:

I tried to make the weapons as similar as the original weapons, just a little better.
The other Metru will follow, including a 7th one. Honest feedback is appriciated, I only just started mocing with ccbs so I got a lot to learn still ;p Oh and if you want some more pictures just ask.
~Niels/Gresh

75 Likes

Love it, cant wait for the rest.

Very good MOCing for someone just starting if you ask me.

Since weapon storage was a thing for the Metru, can you find a way to incorporate that with your designs.

5 Likes

These are pretty neat!

(Best part is Nuju’s weapons tho…)

4 Likes

I think the new Nuju is such a vast improvement over the original. There is literally no way to make Nuju any better in my oppinion, great work!

I honestly think that Whenua should be shorter and bulkier, even though the original is the same proportions, but that’s just me being extremely nitpicky.

Overall, I think these look really great and can’t wait for the rest.

2 Likes

Dude, Nujus weapons look straight out of Bioncle Heroes

2 Likes

Wish these had hear functions as the Toa Metru did it best. Nice job.

1 Like

I tried, but whatever I came up with didn’t look as good as they do now. Maybe some day when I have more experience xP Glad you like them though!

1 Like

Those are quite the climbing spikes for Nuju.

1 Like

Fantastic for a first time. I’m particularly impressed with the results of Nuju; how epic his weapons look.

1 Like

I don’t really like the concept; having two waves of Toa in the same year is a bit overboard.

That aside, these look good. I like the colors on Whenua, though more of the trans green would be nice. The weapons are well-adapted, they look quite a bit like the originals. He’s a bit gappy around some of the joints, though.

I have a lot of the same to say about Nuju: good color scheme, though this time I feel like the blue doesn’t need any more. Once again the weapons are well-made and scale up the originals. Nuju doesn’t suffer from the gappiness, either. I like the slight variations in the shoulders and posture, too. Makes them feel the same but not clone-y.

1 Like

Nuju’s weapons are just amazing.

1 Like

Really good. Not too hot on Whenua’s shoulder armour, though, they don’t seem connected enough to the body, and just kinda… float there.

1 Like

I’ve decided to redo Whenua, to try and make him look more like his 2004 counterpart. Will post pictures when I’m happy with him.

1 Like

I love Nuju especially the weapon. Though I feel like you should have done something else for Whenua’s torso.