Toa Metru on Bara Magna

ah neat, another chapter.

I plan on eventually having Velika show up with the Void Cannon, a blaster that sends its target into inter dimensional space. With this he will accidentally defeat Anonna , and create chaos at the Red Star.

1 Like

sounds interesting!

Plus he’ll bring in his other allies, including warrior class Kestora and the Marendar that he’s able to fix.

1 Like

Chapter Nine:

“I found the red guy,” Zaria shouted into his comlink. He was still running through the tubes, which seemed to be somewhat unstable.
“We’re in Po-Metru, and I’m nearing the warehouse.”
“Well, get in there!”
“I’m trying, but even my Kakama doesn’t seem to have any effect on my speed!”
He stumbled along, the liquid protodermis rippling around him.
“This place is gonna break up,” he thought. Then he fell through the floor, smashing through the roof of the building below.

“We have a tube collapse ahead,” Matau shouted. He glided to the ground, his Aero Slicers folding behind him.
“Let’s check it out,” Vakama replied. He drew his launcher, and loaded a Weaken disk into it. The Toa Metru stepped forward, each drawing their weapons. Suddenly, they heard blaster fire, and saw the door explode out of the warehouse in front of them.
“Get them off!”
A Toa of Iron stood in the center of a mound of wreckage, surrounded by swirling metal. Facing him were a Toa of Air and two Matoran.
“What’s so scary about us,” asked the Ga-Matoran. “We’re just trying to keep this Kestora from killing you.”
A small figure emerged from the wreckage, holding a knife that glowed ominously.
“I will kill this fool for preventing me from carrying out my mission,” it said in a mechanical voice.
“Calm down,” Vakama said.
“Too late.”
A large, gray warrior had appeared on the rooftop. Beside him stood a horned guy with multiple guns and a tall, slim being that looked like a Vortixx made from obsidian.
“Put down your arms. You are all under arrest. You too, Zaria. You have raised arms against Matoran. This is against the Toa code.”
Suddenly, there was a flash of red light, and the Kestora was gone.
“What in the name of Mata Nui was that?”, the black-armored being said.
“The Star’s teleporter, no doubt. Stop worrying, Johmak. It’s no danger to us.”
The Toa watched in anger as the gunslinger leaped from the roof, and placed a device on them.
“I’m very sorry,” said Johmak. “But we were ordered to deliver you to Helryx and Axonn alive if possible.”
“Why do you think we killed the Turaga,” Vakama said. “Even if we did, why would we use their names?”
“Well,” said Johmak, “I don’t know. But we must follow orders. We have an important visitor who needs to know.”
“Who in the name of all the blasted-“
“Enough.”
A light blazed in the middle of the wreckage. From it emerged a figure closed in grey armor, wearing a noble Rau.
“Who-who are you?” Johmak said.
“I am a great being,” said the figure. “At least, that’s what they used to call us. We no longer deserve the name. Not after that ‘Po-Matoran’ began his treacherous work.”
They glanced at each other, not understanding anything except the statement that this was a Great Being.
“Meet me at the Order headquarters,” the Great Being said. “Hurry. It is of the utmost importance. Failure is death.”
Then it vanished in a blaze of light.

1 Like

Ooh there’s a Great Being! Very interesting…

Chapter Ten:

“What a day,” Kapura sighed. He was lying on a bench at his forge, staring at the short figure beside him. After grabbing KE11 from the warehouse, he had returned to the forge and given her the best disguise he could: a Ta-Matoran, red-armored and complete to the last detail, even his guard ensign on her shoulder.
“What should I call you?”, he asked.
The Kestora thought.
“Call me Kell,” she said. “It’s a close enough name to my own that I can’t forget it.”
“That’s perfect! I’ll have to find the Order tomorrow to report that Skakdi-brained fool who was chasing me.”
He smiled, remembering the look on Zaria’s face as the tube has destabilized from the speed at which it was traveling.
“Whoever he was, he’s not going to be an issue for us.”

Meanwhile, Helryx was pacing her room, trying hard not to scream in rage at Zaria. It wasn’t his fault, she thought. He wouldn’t have known what the Vahi could do.
“Axonn, take Zaria back to his apartments. We’ll deal with him later.”
She turned towards the cloaked being beside her.
“I’m sorry that you had to have such a bad experience with us. Some of these Toa aren’t as smart as they used to be.”
The Great Being smiled.
“I’m sure you can still do wonders with them, firstborn.”
“Now,” Helryx continued, “we must turn to this other matter. Lesovikk, what were you doing for the last week?”
“Why would you impugn me like this, sister,” asked the Toa of Air. “You yourself should know that I haven’t murdered Karzahni! I would have fought him face to face, not stabbed him in the back like a coward!”
Helryx stared thoughtfully at him.
I could have him killed if I wished, she thought.
“But you are telling the truth. Why did I mistrust you, brother? I hope I haven’t become as much like Teridax as that.”
“You are resolved, then, to let him join the mission?”
The Great Being was staring at Helryx, who started at her voice.
“Yes, of course, great one!”
There was a knock at the door.
“Come in,” Helryx said.
Orde opened the door.
“They are genuine beyond any doubt, Mistress Helryx! I have examined them myself.”
“Good,” Helryx replied. “Now, Orde, don’t let them know that they were in danger of their lives. It would only make it worse for their minds to know that Trinuma and the others were against giving them liberty.”
“Shall I speak to them?”
Helryx nearly jumped in surprise.
“Why yes, if you so wish… I had thought I’d bring them to you first…”
“We are not so cruel as to impose our authority on other beings like that,” said the Great Being. “I have learned that one should not try to be a deity. It only corrupts one’s mind when you usurp the true ruler’s place.”
Helryx nodded.
“I will call on them with you, then. Orde, secure the premises, please.”
The Toa of Psionics saluted.
“As always, I am at your command, sister!”

1 Like

ooh cool

I like making the parts with the Order’s leaders scheming and planning. It’s enjoyable to write, since I have to keep my logic working.

1 Like

Ah sounds good. :smiley:

I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

1 Like

Chapter Eleven:

“So, you need someone to run errands for you while you find the other Great Beings?”
Matau was leaning against the wall of his cell, with an expression of extreme frustration covering his face.
“You do not realize, then, that your hero Lhikan is still up there?”
Matau’s eye’s widened.
“You mean, we could get him out?”
“Yes,” the Great Being said. “I will send you, Onewa, Whenua, Nuju, and two Order members to take possession of the area. Once it is secured, Vakama, Nokama, Zaria, and Johmak will arrive with equipment and help from the Vortixx.”
Matau tensed at the word Vortixx. It stirred evil memories as he remembered events over three thousand years in the past.
“I am sending Johmak, as her species is similar to the Vortixx and has access to their technology. She can broker a deal with them. The others are there for protection, as you know the lengths they will go to to keep others from getting their tech.”

Johmak looked up as Vakama and Nokama stepped into her chambers.
“Helryx said for us to bring you to the landing area. We’re leaving immediately for New Xia.”
“But, wait- Where are we going?”
“I’m sorry,” Nokama said. “It appears that the Great Being didn’t tell you that we’re getting equipment to fix the Red Star.”
“Ok, I see,” Johmak replied. She grabbed a worn scabbard from a weapon rack and a black helmet. “Now we can go.”
They headed to the landing area, through hallways that lead past many varied rooms. Rooms for meditation, training, and relaxing, as well as private apartments and locked doors. The landing area was occupied by a single aircraft. It looked like a small airship, but with two wings on each side, about 25 feet in each direction. It was armed with several plasma cannons, obviously modified from mining tools.
“Matau would love this!”, Nokama exclaimed.
Johmak smiled.
“This was a present from the Nynrah Ghosts, many years ago. It is one of the largest combat vehicles with flight capabilities in all of Bara Magna. We’ll take it to Xia, as we need more than money for our purchase.”
Vakama stared around the courtyard.
“Where’s Zaria? He should be here.”
“Come on in! We’re leaving in three minutes!”
They saw a figure wave from the vehicle’s windscreen as Zaria’s voice boomed from the loudspeakers.
“Well, let’s go,” Johmak said. “We can brief on the flight. It’ll be about ten hours before we land, anyway.”

1 Like

Ooh cool

Chapter Thirteen:

A lone figure moved in the mist. It was obviously hurt, stumbling through the trees that appeared as it neared the clearing. The grass underfoot crunched as it entered: the ground was dry and barren.

Two others stood in the clearing. One was armed with two immense blades, the other carried a large blaster. They looked in alarm at the sound of the figure’s approach.

“Naho! You’re hurt!”

The one armed with swords sheathed them, catching the injured Toa as she collapsed.

“I tried to stop them,” Naho said. “Well, I think Project Stargate has more warrior class Kestora than we were told.”

She looked at her left arm. It was broken at the elbow, the forearm limp and slashed. The other Toa knelt beside her.

“Then they mean to attack Mata Nui himself?” he said. “This cannot be. Even the Great Beings would not allow this to happen.”

“That rupture, the one that caused a release of Toa Power, what caused it?”

Naho shook her head, confusion consuming her as shock set in.

“Hush. You will hear when you are better.”

A glow appeared in the air in front of them. It solidified into the shape of a Great Hau, glowing in an undefinable color.

“Do you wish to return to the Star, Toa?”

“We do,” Naho said weakly. Her eyes were closing, weariness overcoming her body. The last thing she saw before she blacked out was a swirling circle opening around her and her companions. It vanished, and they were left in a room on the Red Star.

“This is rather fun,” Matau said. He was walking towards a hill near the Red Star. The sand slid underfoot, making walking difficult. Beside him, Orde and Chiara made their way up the hill, clutching at any handholds in reach.

“Why don’t you lend a hand?” Chiara asked. Orde, to whom she had directed her question, merely grunted his reply. The Star itself dominated the horizon, still glowing faintly in the sun. The party of Toa climbed until they were within a kilometer of the station, where they set up camp for the night.

“You know, this doesn’t make sense,” Chiara said, staring into the fire. “The Star was made to repair, not build armies or weapons. But you say that you saw Kestora that were armed in Metru Nui?”

“That’s correct,” Nuju replied. “They attacked us. The Matoran killed most of them, and they stood no chance against the Agori and Glatorian. But why would they attack us?”

Orde assumed an expression of studious disinterest.

“They probably were looking for something. Did they mention anything to you?”

“Of course not,” growled Whenua. “Let’s sleep. This is going nowhere.”

Kell shivered as Kapura knocked on a door. The building was on the edge of Metru Nui, and was constructed of dark grey granite. It was the headquarters of the Order of Mata Nui.

“Who goes there?”

Kapura stopped knocking.

“My name is Kapura, Toa of Time. I have come to speak with Helryx herself over a matter of great importance.”

“Enter, then. And hurry, or your chance will be gone.”

The door opened, revealing a dark hallway. The Toa and the Kestora entered, and vanished into the darkness.

Chapter Fourteen:

It was bright in the desert. The Toa had risen early, bent on their task of breaching the Star. Yet nothing had come of it so far. They had taken a break after several hours, leaving Nuju and Orde to examine its exterior while the rest stood guard.

“This material is amazing,” Nuju said. “It’s some sort of protodermis nanostructure that even my scope can’t see through.”

He pounded on the side with his crystal spike. It left no scratches on the wall, and sent a painful reverberation up his arm.

Beside him, Orde probed with his mind, seeking to find a sign of life behind the wall of metal.

“I can’t find anything yet,” he muttered.

He continued probing, his tendril of psionic power extending ever farther. Finally, he stopped, gasping from the exertion.

“Either there’s no one within a mile of us or the Star can block my power.”

Then he stiffened. A strange feeling rippled through his body. He seemed to be standing in a village, near springs of water, and caves, yet the Star was still beside him. He saw Agori and Matoran hiding in the caves, felt their fear of something…

Six Toa stepped forth from the caves. Orde recognized them as the Toa Mahri. Beside them stood two Glatorian, one slim and agile, armed with a spear; the other more muscular, armed with two swords.

“It’s hopeless,” said the shorter one.

“We can’t hold them off now,” the other replied. A Thornax whizzed by, exploding into fragments as a squad of Vorox and Baterra moved in on them. They were hopelessly outnumbered. Then, a motion caught Orde’s eyes. Several turret-mounted weapons emerged from the ground. Aiming accurately, they began firing, destroying the enemies. Then it all faded, and he was in a dark room. He felt a mental probe feeling his mind. He tried to resist as he’d been taught, but the attacker was too strong. Orde collapsed, screaming “Stop! Stop it, please!”

Far across the desert, where it met the ocean at a beach of golden sand, a boat lay at anchor. It was built in an ancient design: a wooden hull, gracefully curved, marvelously carved. It had a name written on the prow, written in strange letters or runes. A lone person composed its crew: the Great Being who had begun the quest for the Red Star. She lay in the boat, bleeding from a wound in her side, her mask knocked partway off; revealing the head of a female Glatorian. Beside her lay a blade, older than the Great Spirit himself. It was cracked and dented, damaged in the fight that had left her marooned.

She raised her head as the keel scraped on sand.

“Water… if only…”

She grasped her sword, dragging herself up to a kneeling position. The landscape was hardly refreshing: a sandy, golden beach leading through scrubby dunes to a vast desert, with buttes and cliffs in the distance.

“Oh, Ekimu, creator of all, send me help!” she croaked. A sound caused her to start. A group of figures was visible in the distance, or so it seemed to her. They had seen the boat, and were coming towards her. She was about to cry out, but a lethargy overtook her, and she slumped over, too exhausted to move. Slowly, the Great Being collapsed over the side, her face streaked with her own blood.

(I messed up on the chapter numbers, but it should be fine…)

1 Like

yay there’s more! Also nice job :wink:

Chapter Fifteen:

“I have seen you in my dreams!”

The voice echoed through her head. She felt as though she had been pounded with sledgehammers, then run through an industrial grinder.

“Oh, my head…”

The Great Being opened her eyes. She saw two Glatorian beside her. She remembered their names: Kiina and Gelu. Kiina smiled as she saw that the Great Being had awakened.

“I’m glad that you are feeling better,” she said. “What happened, that you were attacked?”

“I was attacked by a Vortixx, one of those reptilian beings from the Great Spirit Robot. I was cornered, and struck door with many blows. I fainted on the ground, having lost blood, and woke on my boat back there. I was cast adrift on the sea, there to meet my end, but I landed here, and you know the rest.”

Kiina smiled, running her hand over the Great Being’s mask.

“Why do you wear this mask? We cannot wear or make such things.”

“We wear them to help in our roles. I was the creator of the Matoran language, named Rauras by Angonce himself.”

Rauras sat up, rubbing her eyes. She wrapped the remains of her cloak about her, shivering.

“I must find the others soon. Velika is back, and my equipment has found signs that another, more powerful being is allied with him. The one that he created, Marendar, the salvation, has gone as well. Likely he has returned to his vault, having been defeated by the numbers of Toa and the dissatisfaction of the Agori with his actions.”

On the misty shores, an electric boat ride on the waves. Seven Toa stepped forth, one stumbling as though injured.

“Varian, you shouldn’t have used your powers,” their leader said.

“But you didn’t have a better idea during the storm,” Varian replied.

“Look here,” Pouks said. “You can’t throw water around like that in your condition. The stasis has already disrupted your ability to control your powers, and it will kill you if you don’t take a break.”

“Well,” Varian said, “I think you should be glad that you’re not on the bottom of the ocean.”

They walked up the beach, nearing the evergreens at the edge of the forest. Varian was looking sick, her expression one of pain and nausea. She was shivering, and Norik ordered her to lie down. She did, and he handed her some blankets, which she curled up in. Suddenly, she screamed. An Av-Matoran stumbled from the forest, his mask twisted and dented.

“She’s back! The killer has returned!” he shouted.

“What?!” Norik said. “Who?”

The Matoran collapsed, his heartlight flashing crazily.

“T-t-tuye-tt,” he moaned. Then his light died.

1 Like

oooh interesting!

Chapter Sixteen:

“Landing in five minutes!” Zaria said. He began fiddling with the controls of the combat aircraft, causing it to lurch violently.
“Watch it!” Johmak shouted. The spire of a tower grazed the left wing as she spoke.
“You drive this thing then!” Zaria replied.

The landing pad was guarded by a group of Vortixx soldiers. They were led by a female wearing the red armor of the 13th Ordimat, one of the top sniper units in their military.
“What in the name of Karzahni are they doing?” she asked. “Flying like that, they’ll smash up. Eras, get the tower and have them activate tractor beams to slow them down!”
One of the guards ran off into a nearby room by the gate.
Chakka drew her plasma sword, leaning on it for a few moments as the tractor beams took effect on the airship. She remembered the orders she’d been given: Show the Order members everything but the Being held in the labs. She looked up to see the ship landing slowly, casting a shadow across the ground.

Later, after a few hours of typical pleasantries and bureaucratic forms, the Toa were resting in their rooms at tower near the city center.
“Well,” Zaria said to Vakama, “this is nice. I finally have a mission that’s purely diplomatic!”
“Let’s hope that this doesn’t happen to go badly,” he said. “Remember, it was one of their top leaders who turned me into a monster centuries ago. They might not like having the reminder hanging around.”
He turned and looked out the window. Night was falling, and lights were appearing across the city. Signs appeared, streetlights blazed out, and vehicles moved at a leisurely pace, though with a precision that left no doubt that they were automated. It was a calming sight.

Then he saw a swift motion in a side street. It was the glint of a blade that alerted him to the brightly armored Vortixx in the alley. It walked into the square, armed with a staff-like blade, six feet long, razor-sharp. Other Vortixx noticed it, and stopped what they were doing to stare. The Vortixx shouted something threatening, though only Nokama could understand the words. One of the crowd, a grey-armored Vortixx, stepped forward. It said something they could not hear. The effect on the other was quite unexpected. The armed Vortixx slashed at the civilian, who dodged just in time to avoid receiving more than a glancing blow. The Vortixx stepped back farther, leaving the two duelists in the center of the square.
“What are they doing?” Nokama cried. “The one with the blade said he would kill the other for his apostasy! But why do the others do nothing about it?!”

1 Like

Chapter Seventeen:

An arm slammed through the window, throwing Nokama into the dresser behind her in a shower of splinters. A Vortixx, armed with a blaster rifle, followed.
“Who the heck are you?!” Zaria shouted, thrusting his staff at the Vortixx. It didn’t reply, instead, it began barricading the windows with drop-down metal shutters. Just as he was about to stab the Vortixx with his staff, Zaria heard gunfire in the street. It sounded like…

“Plasma!”
The Vortixx spun around at the scream. It saw the Toa with their weapons drawn, with the exception of Nokama, and fired a shot from the hip. Caught off guard, Zaria took the shot straight in his left shoulder, sending him reeling backwards. Vakama fired a kanoka, which the Vortixx dodged easily. The Vortixx opened fire, raking the walls with plasma. The room became intensely hot, glowing orange and yellow with flames beginning to char the floor. The last thing Nokama saw before passing out was Vakama trying to absorb as much heat as possible. It was a terrifying sight, with fire and smoke cloaking him in darkness.

She awoke to the sound of keys jingling. The room was dark, except for a striped shadow on one wall. A door creaked open, and Johmak stepped in.
“What in the name of Makuta Teridax himself did you do!” she cried. “The others are on trial for arson, murder, and several other charges. How did you not get charged the same?”
Nokama looked at her unsteadily.
“I don’t know. Some fight started in the street, and a Vortixx jumped into our room and started barricading it, and then he shot Zaria…”
“Well, it doesn’t look good for them. That Vortixx was a Royal Trooper, sent to arrest the guy who started the fight. You weren’t noticed until they were cleaning up the remains of the tower. That’s why you spent the night here in prison.”
Johmak sighed.
“Curse these fanatics. They’ve helped us before, but they overdo everything. Next time, they should stay out of the city. Well, Toa, you’re coming with me to the labs. The others are stuck here for a while, unless they get sent to the Mountain.”

1 Like