Toa Norik's Original Armor

While this would be another thing to show how close they we’re, sadly NOGLB mentions Norik having his shield and rhotuka at this time.

“Gatherer had the power advantage, but he was having trouble maneuvering when hit by Norik’s slowness Rhotuka.”

" Both carried shields that seemed to radiate light, despite the oppressive darkness."

“There was Norik, flames swirling about him, spear and shield at the ready.”

This also partially answers the question I had as it seems the writer was using Hagah Norik rather than his original gear. Along with this the Shields BOTH radiate light, which implies Norik has a metallic shield.

1 Like

Are we sure that this didn’t take place after Norik became a Hagah?

1 Like

Yeah, I know. I was replying to KDNX’s hypothetical of NOGLB being written without the Hagah gear.

2 Likes

Sorry about that, misread the quote you were responding to. Honestly I’m in the opposite camp with the shield just because it never made much sense that a melee fighter who used both arms would use a shield unless it was super common for Toa.

As far as I an tell this would have to take place earlier than Hagah because of the whole “two merged teams stuff” along with none of the Hagah being mentioned. It looks like the writer used Norik’s Hagah design because of either: told not to create a new design or thought Norik always looked like his Hagah self.

1 Like

Interesting.
Maybe Norik was on a solo mission sent by Teridax? Idk it doesn’t really make sense

1 Like

Norik: “Hey boss me and my friend wanna go help this random island, that cool with you?”

Teridax: "As long as it’s unpaid leave and the other Hagah cover your s h I f t, it’s all good.

3 Likes

Yes.

Varian was seen in stasis 7000 years ago in Legends 4: Legacy of Evil, meaning that No One Gets Left Behind takes place before then. Meanwhile, the Hagah were formed some time between 3500 and 4000 years ago:

3 Likes

Ah OK
I guess then it doesn’t make sense for him to have hagah gear
Of course, why couldn’t he have a spear and a Rhotuka shield to begin with? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I guess a second question that comes from this is how common are RLS to be carried by Toa in the MU? Outside of NOGLB it seems like Toa don’t wield them, other than the Toa Hagah who were given them.

2 Likes

NOGLB seems to imply that RLS are commonly carried weapons of war in the MU. That’d make sense, given the sheer utility of Rhotuka spinners.

3 Likes

Not too out there, Rhotuka Launchers were common Toa Tools.

3 Likes

Ohh ok so that means the main 3 Toa Mangai were exceptions to the shields rule, with the Toa Metru following Lhikan’s lead.

Not really. There’s a difference between “common” and “majority”.

2 Likes

Oh yeah my bad :sweat_smile:
Well one mystery down, one to go

Maybe Toa Hagah were partially chosen due to them already being skilled at using a spear-shield combo.

2 Likes

That’s a great point. It would make sense to recruit a team and give them equipment they already know how to use.

1 Like

I like this theory

2 Likes

Additionally other Hagah teams could’ve been chosen based off of their Makuta’s personality. Teridax wanted to feel like a king so he chose his team to not only have the basic 6 elements, but also traditional guard weapons and armor.

2 Likes

That’s a good point, do we know is all the Hagah teams had spears and shields? I kind of like the idea of each one having unique equipment, but all having the metallic armor and masks.

3 Likes

Only assumptions besides Norik, as confirmed by NOGLB.