Toa Nui Moc - 6 Toa Mata Combiner

I decided to make a combiner of all 6 mata, as the official kaita combiners look so goofy. I’m happy with the result. Inspired by the Turaga Nui and Matoran Nui combiners.
IMG_20201124_111849
Here’s a pic with Huki for size comparison
IMG_20201124_111743

48 Likes

Very well put together! looks a lot better than a lot of official combiners

3 Likes

I’m surprised by how cohesive the shaping on this is. Of course the colors are all over the place, but not much you can do about that. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yeah that’s the main gripe I have with the official combiners, the kaita have the ugliest gappy limbs, so I tried to do the opposite of that

3 Likes

Hey could you try not to double post/ comment? it’s Against the rules and you could get in some serious trouble if you do it too much.

Also nice moc, i was considering commenting that you should call it the Toa nui before you changed the title, but you beat me to it.

1 Like

it isnt NEARLY as gappy and odd as the kaita, and the legs arent… um…
you did a good job, I like this

1 Like

@N01InParticular Sorry! I’m new here, deleted the first comment, won’t do it twice like that again.

@wild_toa Thanks!

No problem, I even made the same mistake when I first joined

In the immortal words of Greg: Very nice

I do actually really like the proportions you achieved :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This looks really good for a combiner model.

2 Likes

Really nice parts usage! Also like how the limbs and torsos are used.

1 Like

Thanks! I really like making combo models, much less stressful than making a regular MOC. With that there’s just infinite combinations and ways you could improve, but with a combo there’s a bit of leeway

2 Likes

Great job, man!
This looks swell!:+1:

Would it be possible to get some instructions for this model? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s already been broken down into the 6 toa models, sorry lol

4 Likes

No problem.:slightly_smiling_face:
Thank you anyway.

1 Like

Poor Tahu became the crotch.

Jokes aside, this is a great combiner! It’s got a very good shape to it, and it looks really stable. The spreading of the colors is also surprisingly cohesive as well. :smile:

4 Likes

Thanks, I tried to make it as symmetrical color wise as I could have. Also with Tahu, the Hau is just perfect for crotch armour. I dunno what it is about it, but I’ve seen it used for this purpose in many other mocs

3 Likes

That’s what we want. A merger like the Turaga one. That’s good

1 Like

Thank you, that’s what I was going for - shame the Turaga and Matoran got one, but not the Toa? Missed opportunity

1 Like

I’m all about this. Would love to see you tackle the Kaita in this way, as well, you really streamlined that original premise you were working with and the end result is excellent.

1 Like