Toa Onepu: Beast-Custodian of Tuyet’s regime

One of Onepu’s earliest memories was at the tail end of the matoran civil war. The young onu-matoran bore witness to the Archives Massacre orchestrated by Makuta Teridax in days of old. Traumatized by the absolute horror as a mentor was slain by rahi, Onepu swore revenge in his heart. One day the Makuta would perish at the claws of beasts…
Stationed away at the archives, and despite the bad memories, Onepu became fascinated with rahi. He would research which were best for mounting and riding, eventually becoming endeared by the ussal crab. Whe the Darkhunter war broke out, Onepu raised and led the first matoran beast-cavalry. For his valiant service in the war, and recognizing his particular talents. Empress Tuyet sought him out.
Tuyet would have Onepu transformed into a Toa, tasking him with both guarding the rahi archives and researching the best warbeasts. She secured his loyalty by sharing her intentions of eventually warring against the brotherhood of Makuta. Onepu accepted the title of “Beast-Custodian” under the condition he be allowed to sic a rahi on Teridax one day.
Onepu was a Toa of mighty build, further enhanced by modular back equipment curtesy of Toa Hewkii. (He also sports a working gear function with an internal ball-joint for extra friction) This allowed him to switch between a pair of knuckles, a missile launcher, and a war-glaive.
Onepu is an adventurous and valiant sort. Well practiced in taming and fighting rahi(always attempting the former when possible), he can go from working alongside ussals to riding mighty beasts into battle. His massive shoulder plates and knuckle-dusters, when enchanted by his Pakari, could deflect projectiles from krana to kanoka to even rhotuka.
He takes his duty as Beast-Custodian very seriously. He loves the rahi and enjoys taming them, but he will not hesitate to subdue or kill one if they put a matoran in danger. He has become particularly skilled at hunting visorak, personally hating the beasts almost as much as Rakshi. Onepu will not allow a second archives massacre.
Onepu does not venture from Metru-Nui often like the questing Toa Avokai(empire Inika), but is always a good sport when he does. He enjoys hanging out with Hewkii and Kongu, his favorite pastime being Akilini.
All enemies had best beware, lest they face the mighty Beast-Custodian and his mounts. Onepu will face any who dare endanger his friends, be they matoran or Toa.

Hope you enjoy, this has probably been my most bulky Toa to date. I based his arm extensions on canon Bomonga. Finally found a use for both of my Kraahkans too.

13 Likes

Looks great! I like the simple but bulky build, perfect for a Toa of Earth. The dark gold detailing down the left side is cool, and the lore is good. Nice job

2 Likes

this looks really cool!

3 Likes