Toa Orde, the First man (ver.Bu / MOC for canon contest)

Pretty sure that’s tamiya’s blue.

3 Likes

Thank you @Zarian and @N01InParticular !

My DarkBlue(Nokama Blue)'s paint recipe is…
Mr. color #322Phthalo cyanne blue(フタロシアニンブルー)” + #66 “bright green(デイトナグリーン)” !

※I adjusted the color by mixing Blue with a little bit of the green.

4 Likes

What proportions are you using when mixing those paints? I ask because my mask colors looks very shiny and your mask color looks flat and that certainly fits more with normal dark blue parts.

1 Like

i’d suggest a semi-gloss varnish

1 Like

Thank you for comment!
I using GX-114 “SUPER SMOOTH CLEAR” of Mr.hobby for topcoat!

AND I’ve finished The Mace for Orde! :wink: :wink: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Orde and Helryx are both the earliest Toa, both with mace.
I built his mace as a plate mace type, for differentiator to being the Morning Star type of Helryx’s.

In addition, I tried to the unevenness of Pohatu Nuva’s nails is in harmony with the whole body of Orde and the unevenness of Kanohi Sanok. :wink:

21 Likes

That mace design is epic.

1 Like

oooh yes I knew you would eventually build a mace
That design is pretty sweet.

1 Like

Thank you @Enbeanie ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Thank you @Rukah ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
This is “canon-contest”, so I thought to must to build it!
And I remembered that Orde once try to use a heavy branch as instant Toa Tool in TYQ.
It’s certainly a shame that the spear is no longer his tool, but re-reading this scene from TYQ, I’m starting to think that maybe Greg had envisioned him from the beginning as a Toa who was used to dealing with bludgeoning type weapons.

This is the mace’s designing concept! :wink:

XD

19 Likes

It also fits with his personality if you think about it. Orde was kind of aggressive in his early days, and a mace would fit with that attitude.

1 Like

This mans did his research!!

I love this Orde. The shaping and design is so unique, and perfectly captures the Mata look without using any of the parts (well, besides the feet).

My particular love is of the color balancing. I like how the system pieces add a consistent pattern of dark blue on his shins and chest. The gold is more of an accent, which is totally fine by me! I think it makes his design look cleaner and more refined. Black is a good secondary color, it makes the blue and gold stand out while being unobtrusive.

His weapon is simple, yet effective. The mace/staff is a huge improvement over the sword, and rightly complements Helryx’s weapon.

Judging by the amount of likes and comments, you have a clear winner on your hands. There’s always the possibility that some other Orde may give you a run for your money, but this one has a really good shot at the canon contest. Well done!

4 Likes

Thank you @TheChronicler !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Orde is my 1st hope of the contest, so I did all I could!
And I’m so glad you liked my Orde, especially coloring! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :revolving_hearts:

I would love to win, of course, but I’ve always been terrified that someone is actually building a wonderful, unpublished Orde and keeping it hidden until the time of the contest. :rofl:
However, this fear is not a bad thing.

that fear makes me shout out like this : I WILL NOT LOSE! :wink: :laughing:

9 Likes

Heck yeah. Would kill to see this canon.

5 Likes

Thank you @Winger !! :wink: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
his contest still far in a bit, I can’t wait its start… :expressionless: :rofl:

what processor does he have? GPU? :stuck_out_tongue:

welp
too bad this moc doesn’t have a chance to become canon anymore… :cry:

1 Like

@Rukah
Only widely accepted fanon, what a shame. /s

1 Like

Any chance we’ll still get instructions?

1 Like

Sorry, but I may entry the duck’s fanon contest !
I want to still it secret… sorry! :cry:

4 Likes

Darn maybe when that’s done will you post it?

I’ll try to build this :wink:

1 Like