Toa Orde, the First man (ver.Bu / MOC for canon contest)

Wow your builds just keep can’t better and better, you’ve got my vote when the time for his contest comes! lets hope that there aren’t any restrictions on his build for the contest :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Thank you @Eilrach ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

I’m glad your vote in the future! :blush: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Well, if restrictions are announced, I will just follow them as such. :joy: :relieved:

3 Likes

So sophisticated, amazing MOC. What surprised me the most is that although you used so many system pieces, they don’t make me feel mismatched at all.

You are actually using system pieces to design and create new bionicle parts!

3 Likes

Thank you @ToaVictor ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Using system piece is so hard, but Since when I saw its circle pattern, I felt that I must to using it for new expression of Matoran Universe’s culture designing!
I’m so glad you like it! :blush: :blush: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

I absolutely love your take on Helryx’s tubes getting gradually refined down until they’re just small decals on the Mata’s limbs; reminds me of the evolution of the Cybermen in Doctor Who.

I also like how you’re taking advantage of it being 2021, rather than limiting yourself to just G1 era pieces/techniques. Even with the amount of system integrated, he still fits the aesthetic of G1 just fine.

5 Likes

Thank you @Timeline15 ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

I really like Orde’s character, so I did all I can! :wink: :revolving_hearts:
Also, I was worried about how much I could challenge G1 aesthetics with System, but I’m glad you liked it! :rofl:

2 Likes

Awesome MOC man! I love that articulation in torso, good job :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you @Zarian ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
Just like I drew in the concept sketch, I had a lot of trouble trying to realize a waist structure that would be inherited by Mata and others from a very early stage.
However, I am happy to be able to build it in this way in reality! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :blush: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Extremely cool, and I like how you factored the subtle building lore into all this.

1 Like

Thank you @Chronicler !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

It was so hard, but I’m glad finishing this and you like it! :laughing: :laughing: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Man everything about this is awesome! I’m not a fan of the canon contests but if this moc wins I’ll be more than happy with the results. I can’t really find anything wrong with it, I just want to build it now.

2 Likes

Thank you @Toa_Good_Guy ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Even though you’re not a fan of the contest, thanks for wishing to victory in this MOC! Really Thank you!!:rofl: :heart_eyes: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Looks like a ton of thought was put into his design. Looks fantastic, of course. I’d be pretty disappointed if this rendition doesn’t get canonized. Feels too good to pass up.

2 Likes

Thank you @Biggums ! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

I’m so glad you like it!
If you’re ok, and the contest has continued, please give me your vote! :wink: :joy: :revolving_hearts:

Personally I don’t tend to use much System in Bionicle MOCs as I think it can look out of place. In this case though using system to mimic the pistons & actuators of molded Bionicle pieces was a genius idea, and it looks fantastic.

I’m glad you included the close-up shots of the lumbar ‘actuators’, as that’s probably my favourite detail on the MOC. I’m also happy you include some of your research, as it really shows how much work goes into it!

As far as the Orde contest goes, I really need to up my game haha.
Fantastic job :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you @FuzzMuffins !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

I’m really happy to receive compliments not only about MOC and also about my designing report! :rofl: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

By the way, I didn’t mention it in the description, but the armor on his back was inspirated by the shape of the armor worn by Matorans and ToaNuva in the MoL movie version! :wink: :blush: :revolving_hearts:

I am very much looking forward to “Play well!” with you at the Orde contest! :wink: :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Don’t change this please if there are many rules set that this will break just make another Orde from scratch, this is just to good to mod

2 Likes

Thank you @BionicleBoss !! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

This is very glad comment for me! thank you! :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
However, I have no confidence in my ability to build a better Orde at this point, and my imagined Orde basically exists in no other style than this one.(Off course, at least now) :wink:
Besides, considering that the Kualsi that is clearly designed after the Vahki head (since the Iruini was originally designed as a Nidhiki), and that the contest itself may change the mask in the art section, “building a completely new MOC because it may change” seems a bit unrealistic, though not a bad thing.

This may not be the case, however, if the rule is changed so fatally that the result of the modification is predicted to be a state of degradation that you are dissatisfied with. :relieved:

In any case, I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to you for liking my Orde enough to say so!
Thank you so much! :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

6 Likes

Please enter him.

1 Like

already done! Thanks everyone! :wink:

1 Like