toa tuyet (canon contest)

Hello! I made my tuyet! Please enjoy it.

Front, side, back.

Comparing the size with Lhikan.
There were sharp disagreements with the opinion that Metru Torso should be used. I made an original Torso that looks like Metru Torso as a compromise.

The nui stone.
I made it simple.

Her sword was made free from the description of Barbed Broadsword.

This form will be advantageous when making a stabbing attack.

This form will be good for cutting attacks.

I don’t know if it’ll be included in the canon. However, it would be fun for the sword to stretch like a whip.
It reminds me of the shape of the wave and goes well with the image of her violent queen.

Thank you for watching until the end!!

61 Likes

First of all, welcome to the boards.
Second of all, that’s a pretty good moc. I especially like the torso and how creative the sword is.

2 Likes

That is my favorite Tuyet MOC that I have seen yet! And that’s a really nice shoulder mod for the Metru torsos! Could you show how to make it sometime?

2 Likes

What an exceptional sword design! Nice moc

2 Likes

The fact that you can get the sword into different poses is really cool. Great work!

1 Like

can’t help but feel that sword’s a little familiar…
nice moc though.

1 Like

Now that is a good sword design. Good enough to secure my vote when the contest starts. Good luck!

5 Likes

Welcome to the boards!!!
very cool tuyet design!
i would vote for this

2 Likes

WOW. That is a phenomenal build! I want to try to replicate that torso, that’s incredible. Love the action shots w the sword being fluid as well. This definitely has my vote!

1 Like

A new challenger appears!
Welcome to the boards @swallow

The whip like sword is very creative and the shaping on Tuyet is very nice. My only nitpick is that the Metru shoulder on the back does stick out a bit on the side view. Still, I will definitely vote for this!

1 Like

got to admit that sword is genius very well done overall

2 Likes

Definitely one of the best Tuyets I’ve seen so far…

1 Like

I like what’s going on with Tuyet herself here. The colour scheme is more or less exactly what I’d prefer, and the custom build is really neat. I also like the mask choice, even if it’s just a placeholder.

My concern, though, is with the sword. The blade is supported by an axle through a pin hole, which isn’t stable. You might be able to “pinch” it with the liftarms long enough to take a picture, but there’s no way it would stand up to any kind of long-term posing.

1 Like

Thoroughly intimidating. I love the color, and the whip sword is amazing!

Really nice work!

1 Like

Really nice MOC. I like that she isn’t overly complicated for a Toa. But I think the Metru shoulder in the back doesn’t work very well, it looks like floating rather than been part of her armor.
I really like your sword desing but I’m not so sure of it waveling that much because it ends up been more a whip rather than a sword.

1 Like

That’s a fantastic sword design, best I’ve seen yet!

2 Likes

This is the best tuyet for me.

1 Like

Really creative and awesome sword!:heart_eyes::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

When I imagine that I have to fight this MOC in the contest, I am both terrified and happy!!:rofl::yum::revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

may the best moccist win

4 Likes

That sword design is awesome!

EDIT:
This is a good moc, the only bad parts are her upper arms. They look bend and unaligned compared to forearms and that creates this 2 stud long weird gap between arm and torso, also they look kinda long compared to upper legs. All those things disrupt her proportions and from my experience i can tell that to fix that you would have to either make upper legs 1 stud longer or make upper arms 1 stud shorter ( i believe that later would have better effect than former).

EDIT 2:
Try this

I believe you can find black versions of this part on bricklink
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=4697b#T=C&C=11

EDIT 3:
Eventually maybe those parts could also work
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=4599a&idColor=86#T=C&C=11

4 Likes