Toa Tuyet [ver. AVC]

Bonjour tout le monde,

This is my take on Toa Tuyet, which I intend on submitting in the Duckbricks Headcanon Contest. She took me months to refine into a design I concretely liked as a moccist and set, and I’ve broke past iterations of her down to build back up to where she is now. Without any further ado, here she is:

I’m a big fan of the Mata Head Nui Stone idea that StudentScissors started.

To get into some of the nuts and bolts about her, first off, I wanted to try and achieve as much functionality with her build without compromising aesthetics.

I hadn’t seen anyone add white to a Tuyet before, and Hahli Inika’s marbled pieces gave me an idea for this gradient look that would meld up from white to black, with spots of trans red within her.

She has weapon storage for her barbed broadsword, through a pin on her back. It does not interfere with the gear function. On that note, her sword can be removed without disassembly, just move the minifigure blade to the side and then remove.

You may wonder what her battle skirt connects to - she has a custom hip build, which also gives her waist articulation.

I am particularly proud of her shoulder connection, which took the longest for all the ideas I was trying to work into it. I wanted to have arm articulation, but have a flusher technique than the ball joint to connector mod, which made shoulder armor (especially flush shoulder armor) very difficult to get down, but I was able to make something work.

Her arms also do not fall under pressure if above her head or are tilted on the shoulder, as I used a technique created by SubParFauxPas to press additional friction against the gears.

I hope you all enjoyed this moc! She’s one of my favorites I have, if not my favorite of mine so far. Here are some additional action poses to wrap up the post :slight_smile:

Flickr Post:
Toa Tuyet | Flickr

23 Likes

oooooo
i would vote for dis - i love the white!

2 Likes

Color distribution is interesting; we don’t see a lot of Blue-Black-White Tuyets and this one is quite balanced in terms of that.

I’m uneasy about that neck, though. Even though that technique is officially used by the Toa Metru themselves, this usage makes the neck rather… long, and I can’t put my finger on the reason why…

2 Likes

That color scheme is a quite interesting one I haven’t seen in many Tuyets so far, and I think it works pretty well. Nice job

I think it’s because the shoulders are sitting so much lower than on the official sets that use the same neck.

3 Likes

Yeah, I was trying to keep the top of her shoulder armor right at the end of her shoulders because it would’ve protruded up too much otherwise. Don’t worry, I know one may think that her head can slide right off, but it’s securely on there.

The white here is quite refreshing to look at.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s the most unique Toa Tuyet colour scheme I’ve seen so far! It’s pretty amazing by itself, but you made it look even better with that colour blocking! And it doesn’t even contradict the canon, as blue and white Toa of water aren’t unheard of (Hahli Inika).

As for the build itself, I really like how you customised a metru build. I don’t think I’d ever seen a metru torso with waist articulation!
Personally, the shoulders don’t bother me that much, I think they are still in proportion to everything else.

4 Likes

wow that colour scheme is great, I’d defiantly have voted for this

1 Like

Thank you so much! Also, you still can in the upcoming Duckbricks Tuyet contest :wink: