Toa Zaria MOC ver.libr

I finally got stud.io back up and running, so here is my Toa Zaria MOC!

A little bit about this MOC and my philosophy behind it. This is the first MOC I made in Studio a couple of years ago. I have tweaked his design a bit since then, but not too much. I wanted to make a Zaria MOC for the creative contests that were happening at the time. Since then, I have made a whole Toa team in the same design style, so I will be excited to eventually share the rest!

Going into the MOC, I wanted to sort of emulate the Miramax style, and so I used a bit of CCBS in it, but I also wanted to use very classic Bionicle elements, as I love classic Bionicle and I believe Zaria is quite an old Toa. So I gave him gears to represent that, although they are purely cosmetic and non functional. I also wanted to give all of my Toa MOCs a good tertiary color, so for Zaria I chose a dark blue. I also gave him a hammer, which I thought was fitting for a Toa of Iron.

Like I said in my first post, I welcome any constructive criticism.

13 Likes

Ooh looks great! The brown and dark blue tertiary colors work pretty well and I love the shaping. Hammer is very well built too and the armor is neat. Very nice Zaria moc!

2 Likes

ooo this looks really cool!

3 Likes

Man is shredded

2 Likes

Sticking dark blue into Zaria’s color scheme seems to be a common choice. I don’t understand it, but I like it.

3 Likes

Oh haha, I actually didn’t know it was common! But it makes sense, since blue is a complementary color of orange. That was my thinking behind it.

1 Like