Tohnorí

Bought this mask on Shapeways a few months ago but never got around to painting it. Mostly because I couldn’t decide on a color. Finally settled on the bright light orange.

This is Tohnorí. A swashbuckling rogue.

Prisma

44 Likes

love the style and personality, but where are his organs smh

2 Likes

The shapeways mask is awesome, and Metru Green and Keetorange mix very well!

2 Likes

The mask fits very well with the overall aspect. Nice job.

1 Like

Very nice color and mask useage!

1 Like

The armour and colours really complement the mask, nice job, and the system bits and gold is really subtle but cool.

1 Like

Very nice! He even remembered the advice from uncle Garth from “Secondhand Lions.”

Never hold a knife like this,

But like this.

I cannot tell you how many times I see MOC’s holding knives wrong.

5 Likes

That’s funny because I just built another one that reverse wields its daggers. It seems like it’s a legit fighting style. It’s been a long time since I took martial arts classes. But I’m almost positive some of our weapon katas included that grip.

But tbh I just like it because it looks cool. Much more assassiny.

1 Like

They may have. The occasional slash like that is alright, but long-term use is not that good. Your wrist isn’t as strong bending up as it is bending down, (try it, you’ll see). The effective use of a blade requires flexibility. This is doublely important for knife wielders, whose entire fighting style revolves around slipping through you’re opponents defenses. Holding like the bottom picture is more maneuverable.

2 Likes

That makes sense. From a technique perspective, the normal grip would be better.

1 Like

Now that I think about it… he kinda looks like a power rangers/super sentai character.

1 Like