Transformers: Dawn of a New Age Signups and Discussion Topic (Sign-Ups Open)

why_you_should_never_pause_a_disney_movie__by_dexman3_del821r-fullview

Kitai when everyone reveals his secret.

4 Likes

A ghost who hates all quintessons as a rule and another ghost who used to kill them as part of his job hardly counts as “everyone”, I’d say.

3 Likes

I just drew a concept for Oreo:

The thing behind him is supposed to be a bridge, but it’s a bit hard to see due to my using a mechanical pencil to draw.

And here’s Razor!

Also, is the Sector 7 News station a reference to Sector 7 in the movies?
@Chromeharpoon

5 Likes

Yup, it sure is! Seventh Section Broadcasting, however, is merely an independent interplanetary news network, and has no affiliation with the Sol Conservative government whatsoever. None at all, no-sir.

Leslie’s last name is also a reference to two of the human characters in Transformers: Cybertron.

1 Like

Well, given that the reporter said she was reporting for everyone on Sol, there will always be a distant connection, whether or not they want it. Not in the political sense, although that likely depends on the reporter.

2 Likes

Ooop? Megatronus can be interacted with? :eyes:

1 Like

Depending on the circumstances, yes. Death is cheap when you’re a Prime.

2 Likes

Ha, and death means lesser when you are Megatronus. I do know Hammer would like to interact with him for certain :smiley:

2 Likes

Two more sketches coming up now:

If Defender’s picture is facing the wrong way, that’s my fault. I rotated it since my phone was displaying it wrong.

I’m planning on Oreo gaining the alt-mode of a Gavril Zeta R, a rally hatchback from a fictional company. I have Defender depicted in a form that transforms into the Churchill W heavy tank, a fictional experiment by Britain that created the Defender line of tanks in World of Tanks Blitz.

3 Likes

Dang, Defender looks awesome!

That’s certainly doable.

2 Likes

I’m actually surprised at how well the picture turned out. I’ve tried before to draw him, and most of my attempts came out looking too organic for a Transformer. I’m also surprised at how well the Gavril hatchback sketch came out, since I haven’t drawn a car in ages.

3 Likes

If anyone was ever curious about how cybertronian religion works in this universe, here ya go.

This isn’t required reading, of course. Just something you can look at if you want.

3 Likes

Holy crap. I would have expected Nova Prime to have a more climactic and grandiose death. But no. Dude was really slapped down by an angry mob, probably killed on the spot, and then haphazardly thrown at the equivalent of Space Florida so that he could be left to rot and dissolve. And you know what? Given the kind of person Nova was, I’d say that’s pretty fitting.

3 Likes

I like to think that Nova got a fair trial first, despite how awful a ruler he was.

Most of the Angelicon lore was made by @BlackBeltGamer98, so I can’t take much credit for it. Ditto for the Followers, which are of course creations of @ProfSrlojohn. I’m happy to pay tribute to your contributions to this universe, and I hope I didn’t get anything wrong here.

4 Likes

That is one thing I thought was super cool. Incorporating the original concepts of other players into the official lore bible is an awesome thing for you to do.

3 Likes

Now we do need to know if something like KSI will ever exist… That would actually make for a good side plot sometime. Maybe as a human criminal group or something like that.

3 Likes

Several corporations like Kinetic Solutions do exist currently. Humans have been trying to adapt cybertronian technology for their own ends for millennia in this universe- sometimes with the consent and aid of cybertronians, and sometimes on their own. Most of the mecha that humans use (like Nova’s Gungnir) are based on cybertronian physiology, and Meepinater was playing a character named XM-333 who was built by the Avalon Prime Defense Corps before he sadly had to leave the RP.

Nobody’s killing cybertronians and harvesting their bodies for raw materials right now, though. Not as far as we know, anyway…

2 Likes

Good. I was thinking, as I read your lore, that the Vok sound almost like the Great Beings: they make biomechanical life, little is known about them, and many of their creations are made seemingly for experimental purposes, or out of pure curiosity. I kind of wish our characters would run into some of them… Not in a bad way, that is.

4 Likes

I never made that connection myself, actually. That’s pretty cool!

Those other races exist because people once asked me if there were any other notable civilizations in this universe besides cybertronians, humans, and quintessons. I’d love to involve them in the story somehow, if y’all ever want to pay any of them a visit. The vok are indifferent to what’s happening in the universe right now, but they could become either an enemy or an ally depending on how things go.

3 Likes

That would be fun! I also would love to know if the original Transformers toys could exist in this universe: possibly as a more fictionalized representation of well-known Cybertronians during a time when they had been all but forgotten, thought of as merely a fairy tale fit for kids. This would be where their name comes from, as the makers of the toys would know of nothing more of them than the fact that they were robots that turn into vehicles. Their origins and names were based off of legends and myths, some depicting characters wrongly, others made to fit human ideas of them. Some, like Hound or Bumblebee, would be depicted a certain way or have alt-modes based upon how humans perceived them: Hound becoming a military Jeep and Bumblebee a Camaro, despite having different forms on their first arrivals. Optimus Prime would be depicted having the same alt-mode as Ultra Magnus due to both being seen as leaders of the “good guys” by humans, regardless of the truth.

Yes, I’m conflating tons of stuff here, but this is just an idea I had based on your lore and the actual interactions from the TV shows, movies, and comics.

Also, here’s some people that Defender may try to contact at some point (though most either will not be available or are impossible to contact):

Blazer and Tazer: two Autobot infantrymen who had the alt-modes of Churchill III tanks. Blazer was armed with a flamethrower as well as a light cannon, and Tazer had a repeating ion cannon.

Smasher: a Cybertronian who had the alt-mode of a KV-2 heavy tank. He went missing after single-handedly defeating a group of gun ships attacking a human freighter. His cause of vanishing is reportedly due to the explosion of a hyperdrive.

Burst: a Mini-Con who could take the form of a plasma cannon.

Chroma: a Cybertronian civilian who had the alt-mode of a street sweeper. Her whereabouts are unknown, as she has moved since they last met (many centuries ago).

Zil: a Cybertronian with the alt-mode of a Zil-90 Russian missile launcher truck.

3 Likes