Transformers: Dawn of a New Age Signups and Discussion Topic (Sign-Ups Open)

Good. I was thinking, as I read your lore, that the Vok sound almost like the Great Beings: they make biomechanical life, little is known about them, and many of their creations are made seemingly for experimental purposes, or out of pure curiosity. I kind of wish our characters would run into some of them… Not in a bad way, that is.

4 Likes

I never made that connection myself, actually. That’s pretty cool!

Those other races exist because people once asked me if there were any other notable civilizations in this universe besides cybertronians, humans, and quintessons. I’d love to involve them in the story somehow, if y’all ever want to pay any of them a visit. The vok are indifferent to what’s happening in the universe right now, but they could become either an enemy or an ally depending on how things go.

3 Likes

That would be fun! I also would love to know if the original Transformers toys could exist in this universe: possibly as a more fictionalized representation of well-known Cybertronians during a time when they had been all but forgotten, thought of as merely a fairy tale fit for kids. This would be where their name comes from, as the makers of the toys would know of nothing more of them than the fact that they were robots that turn into vehicles. Their origins and names were based off of legends and myths, some depicting characters wrongly, others made to fit human ideas of them. Some, like Hound or Bumblebee, would be depicted a certain way or have alt-modes based upon how humans perceived them: Hound becoming a military Jeep and Bumblebee a Camaro, despite having different forms on their first arrivals. Optimus Prime would be depicted having the same alt-mode as Ultra Magnus due to both being seen as leaders of the “good guys” by humans, regardless of the truth.

Yes, I’m conflating tons of stuff here, but this is just an idea I had based on your lore and the actual interactions from the TV shows, movies, and comics.

Also, here’s some people that Defender may try to contact at some point (though most either will not be available or are impossible to contact):

Blazer and Tazer: two Autobot infantrymen who had the alt-modes of Churchill III tanks. Blazer was armed with a flamethrower as well as a light cannon, and Tazer had a repeating ion cannon.

Smasher: a Cybertronian who had the alt-mode of a KV-2 heavy tank. He went missing after single-handedly defeating a group of gun ships attacking a human freighter. His cause of vanishing is reportedly due to the explosion of a hyperdrive.

Burst: a Mini-Con who could take the form of a plasma cannon.

Chroma: a Cybertronian civilian who had the alt-mode of a street sweeper. Her whereabouts are unknown, as she has moved since they last met (many centuries ago).

Zil: a Cybertronian with the alt-mode of a Zil-90 Russian missile launcher truck.

3 Likes

Transformers toys do exist in this universe, though they’re a bit different from ours. The usual suspects like the Primes, the Heralds of Unicron, and prominent Autobots and Decepticons are immortalized in plastic form, along with the Player Characters of Salvation and Twilight of the Golden Age.

The toys are an entirely human creation, and other species- especially cybertronians- are kinda weirded-out by them.

Also, I’ll note these allies down for potential future NPCs. A few other PCs have NPCs attached to them, too, whom I also plan on bringing into the game in the near future.

2 Likes

Perfect. Some of these NPCs I just made because I’ve wanted to draw at some point. Smasher, for instance, will be inspired by the Smasher tank in World of Tanks Blitz, and Blazer and Tazer are inspired by two Iron Man armors that feature in one of the recent Avengers tower sets.

Here they are:

3 Likes

The Relics of the Thirteen
The weapons and talismans of the original Primes, kept by their acolytes and bestowed to a chosen few when they are needed most…

The Requiem Blaster

The weapon of the twelfth Prime, the Dark Warrior Megatronus. The Requiem Blaster drew its energy from powerful cosmic phenomena, such as the thermal energy of a supernova, or the gravitational field of a black hole. It was one of the most powerful weapons in the cosmos, and only Megatronus could properly wield it, his body and mind carefully designed to merge with it. At Megatronus’s own request, the Requiem Blaster was destroyed five thousand years ago after the final deaths of Unicron and his Heralds. However, with a new threat on the rise, the spirit of the Dark Warrior has given our heroes his permission to rebuild the weapon should they come to need it in the battles ahead. This can be accomplished with the Forge of Solus Prime, at the Astral Caminus on the artificial planet Astrum.

(Credit to artist Ken Christiansen)

The Requiem Blaster shot a crimson beam of energy that could obliterate most forms of matter along its path, and even objects close by the beam would be badly burned or melted as it passed them. The weapon simultaneously fed on its wielder’s rage and amplified it in a volatile feedback loop- invariably, its power would become so great that it would begin to damage the wielder’s body with prolonged use, and the wielder could scarcely tell what was happening to them as they fell further into a berserk state.

When wielded by one worthy of Primehood, the Requiem Blaster’s destructive output was increased dramatically, but the risk to the wielder and those around them was consequently more severe, as the weapon’s energies became unfettered.

The Matrix of Leadership

First entrusted to Optimus Prime upon his creation, the Matrix of Leadership has since been passed down through a long lineage of successive Primes, accumulating their wisdom and experiences to provide a deep repository of knowledge for future leaders of Cybertron to call upon. The talisman’s crystal core also houses a fragment of the Allspark, and when the Matrix is opened, a Prime can harness its divine power. It will sometimes act of its own accord, however, possessing some semblance of consciousness and intentions that do not always align with those of its hosts.

The Matrix of Leadership will only avail its wisdom and other powers to someone it deems worthy of them. Usually, this person is a Prime, but not always. In the hands of the unworthy, the gold and luster fade from the Matrix’s shell, its crystals become dark and grey, and the talisman feels cold and heavy.

A person worthy of the Matrix can enter a meditative state and commune with the talisman, enabling them to interact with facsimiles of previous Matrix-bearers. These illusions, while not the genuine articles, possess all the thoughts and memories of their true selves recorded within the Matrix, making them almost indistinguishable from the real thing.

The Matrix can only be opened in the most dire of circumstances. It will not allow itself to be forced open before its time, not by anyone- even a Prime. When the Matrix does choose to lend its full power to its host, it is also capable of transforming into the Matrix Saber- a large and ornate sword with abilities similar to those of the Star Saber, but far more powerful.

The rest of the Primal Relics will be added to this post as they become relevant. A link to this post will also be added to the original post of this topic

4 Likes

Here’s a new NPC:

No backstory, just the name and his alt-mode.
To clarify, it’s half of a Lamborghini, and half a Ferrari.

5 Likes

can you draw kitai

Maybe. I’ll have to take a look at the character description again, but I probably can draw him!

Edit:

Here he is!!

Premium ultimate finish Kitai! All ready for @MakutaOisli !

2 Likes

Awesome!

Also, FYI for everybody: as far as I’m aware, nobody’s told Salvage that they want to investigate the mercenaries’ crash site. If any PC wants him to make that little detour, they should probably tell him so.

3 Likes

To whomever may be interested, I’m staring up an rp of my own. Something I’ve been working on for a while now and am pretty excited about. Feel free to join in if you’d like. I’m sure it’ll be a lot of fun.

5 Likes

Finals are starting up for me now, so my activity will be greatly reduced for the next two weeks or so.

4 Likes

Best of luck to you!

4 Likes

Thank you! I have a feeling I’ll need quite a bit of luck there.

4 Likes

I hope you do well!

4 Likes

Since y’all seem to have invited Leslie to join the party, and since she might be sticking around for at least a little bit, I’ve added a character sheet for her, for anybody interested.

I’ve also added an additional character to the list of planetary leaders: the President of the Sol Conservative, of which Earth is a part. Since Earth and humanity may be becoming more important later, I thought it might be prudent.

3 Likes

Instances of body horror, like what’s happened to the dropship pilots, will likely become more common as the game progresses. If any of y’all have any issues with that sort of thing, feel free to lemme know, and I’ll tone it down. I feel like I’ve tried to allude to this sort of thing previously, so I hope I didn’t catch anybody too much by surprise. I apologize, though, if I have upset anyone.

Obviously, I’ll be doing my best to keep within TTV guidelines too, of course.

3 Likes

LD-L1 when he sees a melding of man and machine:

okie-dokie

3 Likes

That seems like a reasonable response in this instance.

2 Likes

So, did the toubleshoot reveal anything about the blackbox?

2 Likes