Transformers: Dawn of a New Age Signups and Discussion Topic (Sign-Ups Open)

A Knight of Cybertron, inspired by The Armorer and TLK Optimus Prime. Doing some cool pose with his sword, I guess. I finally got those hands looking mechanical…

4 Likes

I can certainly see the inspirations in the chest and visor. Very nice!

3 Likes

I redesigned Razor. Now she has proper hands, and many more details on her body and armor. And a freezer from the lab…

4 Likes

Here’s something that might be interesting…

4 Likes

By the way, these symbols are Ermines:

3 Likes

The Pack Mule

The Pack Mule is the result of a passion project from a pair of shipbuilders on Bellator, who wanted to try their hand at making a civilian starship as opposed to the battleships that they were usually contracted to build. The result is a sturdy vessel ostensibly designed for mundane, more peaceful pursuits, that can nonetheless endure the chaos of a frenzied war zone. How it ended up in the New Imperium’s public rental starship service is quite the tale, involving the machinations of a self-proclaimed techno-witch, a rogue agent of Aevum’s Temporal Guard, the favorite necklace of a prominent mikesu television personality, and a narrowly-averted war between Bellator and the Nebulon Republics over a misplaced bottle of champagne.

The Pack Mule’s main body is a well-armored rectangular prism with a wedge-shaped bow, taking obvious design cues from Bellatoran dreadnaughts (on those vessels, the bow is reinforced to incentivize ramming into enemy ships- preferably at top speed). The bridge sits atop this prism, in front of the main engine and two enormous thrusters that branch out from either side of it on rotating blocks. A pair of smaller thrusters, also rotating, are located under the Pack Mule’s bow. The ship has no weapons, though it does possess a supply of decoy buoys that can be launched to hopefully confound any potential attackers. Additionally, our heroes have installed an energy shield module into the Pack Mule for further protection, and its armor is also quite durable. The ship’s makers once proclaimed that it could plow through a moon and come out without even a scratch on its black paint, though no-one has tested that claim yet.

Most of the Pack Mule’s interior is dedicated to cargo space. The main hold can be accessed through hatches on either side of the ship, which also serve as the primary ingress and egress points. Personal quarters can be found aftward, beneath the bridge. The ship also has a supply of basic medical kits, tools, and spare parts.

2 Likes

This is epic storytelling. I’m open to hearing this tale someday.

3 Likes

Y’all could ask Praetor Rampart about it sometime, if you’re curious.

Or maybe not. That story’s a bit of an old shame for the Bellatorans

2 Likes

I thought Defender was ahead of the group, inside the bridge? Oreo was the one aiming at the skull.

3 Likes

You’re absolutely right. I misread your post, and I’ll edit mine accordingly in a bit. Thanks for letting me know!

3 Likes

You’re welcome!

4 Likes

I’m sorry. I think I lost the plot. What’s going on in the space port?

2 Likes

Kitai touched one of the quintesson artifacts that Razor bought and activated it. Gabriel is somehow speaking through the artifact and giving a message to the people in/near the Pack Mule.

3 Likes

Got it. Thanks. I’ll be sure to read back a bit when I have the time.

3 Likes

Here’s a link to Excalibur II’s profile. I thought the ship was gonna become more relevant way earlier than it actually did, so I posted it rather prematurely.

The Pack Mule doesn’t have the space for that, but Excalibur II has a small hangar that can fit the Prime Flyer.

3 Likes

Gotcha. I wanted to move Axis into the Pack Mule since that’s where all the players are. But this’ll work too. I honestly wasn’t expecting us to just take both ships.

2 Likes

Excalibur II has a ground bridge, so Axis could portal over to the Pack Mule after she lands, if you’d like.

2 Likes

Didn’t Ratchet specifically say that trying to open a ground bridge inside a quickly moving object was an objectively horrible idea that would more than likely result in serious injury?

Alright. Sounds good to me.

3 Likes

We’re a hundred twenty million years into the future. The technology has progressed a great deal.

3 Likes

Theoretically, if both ends of the bridge are moving parallel to each other at the same speed, then there shouldn’t be any damage to users. I’m guessing that injury would happen if the endpoints were moving in directions other than parallel, since that would necessarily cause the ground bridge to have a constantly changing position and length.

4 Likes