Transformers: Dawn of a New Age Signups and Discussion Topic (Sign-Ups Open)

can I make a transformer out of cake

2 Likes

While cake may be plentiful in this universe, cake-based life remains elusive. I’m gonna have to say “no”.

2 Likes

Can I make a transformer that turns into a rock? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

can I make a transformer that turns into Rukah

2 Likes

Name: Axis Prime

Homeworld: Eukaris

Appearance:

(Artist credit to @decepticonaiden)

Alt-mode: Phoenix

Weapons:
The Star Caliber. A near 1 to 1 replica of the legendary Star Saber crafted by Axis Prime using the Forge of Solus Prime. Though it possesses none of the original blade’s special abilities. Just a simple sword.

Equipment:
Phoenix Scepter. A sort of ceremonial badge of office. Its a staff that Axis keeps with her at almost all times. The end is ignited in a constant fire. While the staff is mostly just for show, she can use it to help focus her fire abilities.

She also keeps the severed head of Nemesis Prime among her personal possessions. A sort of trophy from her first victory as Prime, in the moment she ended the false Prime’s campaign of terror and destruction.

Abilities/powers:
Pyromancy. When Axis was chosen as the next prime, she gain the ability to conjure and control fire.

Insight. By tapping into the wisdom of the Matrix of Leadership Axis is able to gain insight into a given problem. Be that weaknesses opponent, solutions to a given problem, or whatever else may fit the given situation.

Bio:
Once a humble citizen of Eukaris, Axis’ life was changed when she and her conjux Maximus decided to join a crew of off-worlders to save the universe. In that time she was crowned the next Prime, made to lead Cybertron and all her colonies.

Over the years she’s been able to adapt to the pressures and responsibilities of her new title. Though there are still times when the weight is almost too much to bear. Never the less, its a responsibility she takes very seriously, and she’s willing to do whatever it takes to keep her people safe.

Name: Maximus

Homeworld: Eukaris

Appearance:

Alt-mode: Mechanical dragon

Weapons:
The Onyx Gauntlets. A pair of large mechanical fists that cover up to his forearms. Heavy metal fists that greatly increase his grip strength, and add a lot more weight behind his punches. Each gauntlet is also loaded with an energon charge. Functioning like a massive dose of adrenaline, they give Maximus an immediate and drastic increase to his strength, speed, and pain tolerance. Though when the boost ends, his energy levels will drop to near stasis lock levels.

Abilities/powers: Lightning breath for his dragon mode

Bio:
Once a disrespected predacon runt on Eukaris, Maximus’ life was changed when he and his conjux Axis decided to join a crew of off-worlders to save the universe. Over the course of their quest, the headstrong predacon learned to humble his pride and curb his temper.

These days he enjoys the title of personal guard to the prime, and ambassador of Eukaris. Though he’s still as headstrong and impulsive as ever. Preferring to punch first and ask questions later.

Name: Nova (Full name: Alice Nova Wilson)

Homeworld: A snowed over moon orbiting a gas giant in the Toros system (I never thought of a name for the moon itself)

Appearance:
Nova is a taller than average girl with a slightly thinner than average build. She has pale-ish white skin and green eyes. She also has long brownish-blonde curly hair that goes down just past her shoulders. When she takes the time to take care of it properly it can look rather nice. Though she rarely does.

Her wardrobe is somewhat limited. Her usual attire consists of tennis shoes, blue jeans, one of a few different t-shirts, a dark green jacket, and a pair of goggles she keeps on her forehead. She also has a full body pilot suit used for her mech, a pair of sweat pants she usually wears to bed, and a long dress she holds on to for rare special occasions.

One thing she’s never seen without is her lucky pendant.

Weapons:
Nova’s personal kit is somewhat limited. Kept to a basic combat knife and a sidearm handgun, both kept on the hips of her pilot suit.

Equipment:
Nova also has a grappling hook mounted on the right forearm of her pilot suit, as well as a personal motorbike she uses to travel when her mech isn’t available.

Bio:
Nova was born on a military base where she lived most of her life. She tragically lost both of her parents at a young age, and became very closed off and antisocial as a result. Rather than spend time with others, she preferred to burry herself in her hobbies. Those being drawing and robotics. She spends just about all her free time either tinkering with different gadgets or scribbling in her sketchbook.

At the age of 17 Nova stole one of the on site combat mecha and flew off into the stars, where she’s lived on her own ever since. Only ever going out of her way to interact with others when she needs to stock up on food and supplies.

Name: Gungnir

Description:
A human made combat mech, this rig stands at about the same height as your average cybertronian. Maybe a little taller. The original model was designated CG-132 Orion. But Nova has made a large host of personal modifications to this machine, including a new paint job (standard units are a uniform grey and dark green) and renamed it Gungnir. This mech is designed with heavy armor and high damage in mind, at the sacrifice of lower mobility. Though in a zero gravity environment its remarkably agile and maneuverable.

Occupancy: The mech can only fit one human pilot at a time.

Weapons:
The Orion combat mech is equipped with two back mounted heavy laser cannons, as well as a long shield. Said shield also has a sharp blade at its tip, and two built in rocket-rifles. Nova also added a large drill into the right arm, which can replace the hand with the simple pull of a lever. While not an extremely practical weapon, it still comes in handy as a general tool.

Equipment:
Gugnir is equipped with a radar system for omnidirectional threat detection, making it difficult to sneak up on from behind. It also has a limited targeting a.i to increase long range accuracy.

This machine is also equipped with a “Home pod”. A large boxy module that attaches to the back of the mech, making it more suited for long term, long range space travel. Its outfitted with a simple bed, shower, storage locker, fridge, and short range warp engine. It also allows the mech to dock with any compatible ships and/or stations.

Name: Medical Android M.R.D.R. Also referred to as Derrek

Homeworld: Unspecified

Appearance:

Weapons: None (Much to his disappointment)

Equipment:
Derrek is equipped with a massive variety of medical tools, built into his arms and fingers. As well as an internal chemical synthesizer, capable of creating any number of medicines on the fly.

Bio:
Derek has been frequently described by his patients as deeply unsettling. He has a deep fascination with the idea of ending life, and openly talks about it during operation.

Unfortunately he also happens to be really good at what he does. Derek managed to far exceed the skill ceiling of his initial programming, and has been renowned as an extremely skilled medic. Making his personality defects an unfortunate necessity. You can’t remove one without the other.

Despite his disturbing tendencies, he still acknowledges he’s a medic first. He’s never once actually taken a human life, while he’s helped to save countless.

Well that took a lot longer to finish than expected.

4 Likes

Confirmed Player Characters

4 Likes

No because that would be impossible :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I roll to seduce Unicron!

2 Likes

They hold hands.

2 Likes

Let’s go! It’s finally here! Thank you so much for making this happen!

CYBERTRONIAN CHARACTERS:

Name: Zipline

Homeworld: Cybertron

Subspecies: 1 half of a 2-part Combiner

Appearance: While once thin and spindly, Zipline’s Astrum Forge upgrade has rebuilt him into a more athletic, knight-like figure with golden shoulder and chest plating, a collapsable gold helmet (shaped unapologetically similar to a Mandalorian T-visor), and an upgraded set of rotor blades fashioned like insectoid wings, four pairs of blades aligned to form four two blade-thick wings. He has a bright screen as his eyes, forming a sort of “visor” (like Zib from HeroFactory and probably 20+ other robots I can’t think of right now). The rest of his form remains a clean blend of black and silver plating.

Alt-Mode: He forms the ceiling, rotor, and top half of the cockpit to a Cybertronian-shaped Chinook helicopter. He is able to transform to individual parts of this, even without his partner.

Weapons: Zipline is able to slide out any of his wing blades to serve as katanas or simple throwing blades, which he is able to easily replenish through space magic.

Equipment: Zipline has a net gun, which collapses into his back, and a grapple cord built into his wrist, which he has the power to electrify.

Abilities/Powers: With his upgraded wings, ZIpline has the full ability to hover and fly with speed and agility, though his wings aren’t particularly powerful.

Bio: One might assume that saving the world would have earned Zipline a happy life and unlimited fortunes. Unfortunately, the peace constructed by Axis Prime has run the bounty hunter guild Zip and his partner once worked for out of business, and their private eye idea hasn’t quite taken off yet. However, they are famous, which is very neat.
Zipline has a very excitable and enthusiastic personality, with a love for Earth entertainment as well as anything else that’s bright and flashy. While he appears childish and immature (because he is), he also has revealed some true depth that he is simply unwilling to express with many others. Perhaps another adventure might help with that.

Name: Cargo

Homeworld: Cybertron

Subtype: 1 half of a 2-part Combiner

Appearance: Unlike Zipline, Cargo’s appearance has remained relatively static since the Twilight of the Golden Age. He is rounded and bulky in figure, mounted with dozens of bandoliers around his metallic belly. He is primarily black in coloration, though his head and joints are gun metal in color. His eyes, like Zip’s, are portrayed on a staticky screen, though his are a dark green. His back is comprised of two metal cylinders which serve as rockets upon his alt-mode. On top of his head is propped his characteristic bowler hat, which a partner gave him on a job on Junkion. It has a couple of bullet holes seared through it, but he wears it with pride, honor, and nostalgia.

Alt-mode: Cargo forms the bottom, back, and lower half of the front of the Chinook. The wheels fold out of his elbows and knees, the cockpit from his face and chest, and the rockets on his back slide to either side of the finished product.

Weapons: Cargo is armed with a chain-fed repeater cannon which folds into his back, a hand axe slipped into his left wrist, and a flash grenade catapult built into his right wrist.

Equipment: His armor plating is sturdy and resilient, allowing him to act as a bot-shield for his allies. Of course, however, he is not invulnerable.

Abilities/Powers: He really rocks that bowler hat.

Bio: Cargo makes a big deal about always being calm and in control of himself. When your partner is Zipline, it’s easy to do this simply by comparison, but he fails to recognize many of his tendencies toward passivity and hesitance. He feels he missed his chance to really prove himself during the war against Nemesis Prime, but of course, would never admit that out loud. He just carries on smiling, waving, and autographing to whoever his fans may be. Cargo is the supposed to be down-to-Cybertron, so that’s who he’ll be.

• When combined, Zipline and Cargo form Hauler, a large entity with clawed hands formed by Zip’s rotors and a strong form. He houses both minds in his singular form, which may cause some problems, though Zipline’s fix has fixed his previous problem of exploding randomly.

CYBERTRONIAN SPACESHIP:

Name: The Divider

Description: A sleek, wide-winged gunship gifted to the two partners by an old friend, the Divider has been redesigned by the two. The right side (when facing the front) was painted by Cargo, detailing the Cyber Calibur painted silver and blue over the dark steel of the hull, streaks of blue light coursing down to the rear with a few well-placed jags to create a very pleasing design. Zipline’s side, the left side, has the face of a steel crocodilian dinobot painted with its nostril at the nose of the ship (like the shark faces painted on human planes and bombers), its eyes pouring out fire. The fire grows and engulfs an entire portion of the side, streaming up into the severed, horned head of a monstrous fiend that appears to be sobbing, and then back into a field of various colors, creating the silhouette of a dinosaur-headed angelic figure in its negative space carrying a beautiful saber. Cargo promised him complete freedom with his side, and that’s what he got.

Occupancy: The Divider only requires a pilot, but can fit a lot more. Perhaps 5-10 Cybertronians comfortable…?

Weapons: The Divider is equipped with steady energy blasters in the front, and smart rockets may be launched from a hatch in the roof, loaded in from the inside.

Equipment: A small, one-Cybertronian brig. It also contains a signal jammer to erase a trail or throw off particularly dumb smart rockets, and the typical comm system, distress beacon, flares, advanced guidance system, the works.

HUMAN CHARACTER:

Name: Sergeant Myles Worldsworth Grave, nicknamed “Graves.”

Homeworld: Europa! (Not sure if every city on all of Jupiter’s moons were destroyed in the Final War to the point where they couldn’t have been brought back, but I thought I’d give it a shot)

Age: A good 80 years. Young compared to most humans, but he’s seen enough of the universe to get a clue as to what is going on.

Appearance: 6’3" (Pfft, no, I did not just look up Patrick Warburton’s height… Or maybe I did, that sounds a little creepier if I just know it off of the top of my head), silvering black hair paired with a nice, luxurious mustache and stubble, sharp steel eyes, dark green army uniform, and a muscular build.

This is Patrick Warburton’s General Stoner from the fantastic Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Not identical to Graves, but he served as the inspiration.

Weapons: A robotic arm brace which allows him to carry very heavy things, as well as twin laser sawed-off shotguns and a railgun, a few grenades strapped to his belt and a machete than nobody can really found out where he keeps.

Equipment: Laser cigars! They don’t shoot lasers, but they sound cooler that way! They don’t have tar or nicotine or anything that makes people enjoy cigars, but Graves thinks he looks twice as cool with one in his mouth. He also has an e-dog tag or whatever it would be.

• Graves pilots a Pachyderm-Engineered Dominion-class Escapade mech, equipped with rocket launchers, wrist-mounting machine guns, a charge function, and a low-functioning intelligence lovingly named “STAN,” with about as much personality as Siri. STAN appears as this incredible concept art from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 by Tsvetomir Georgiev:
    (If you would like for me to make a separate description sheet for STAN, I’d be more than happy to! I just figured he didn’t quite constitute “his” own character just yet.)

Abilities: Just the strength-enhancing arm brace! Which is removable, by the way, his human arm is perfectly operational underneath.

Bio: Graves is a tough, traditional grizzled UHP military leader who enjoys being in charge and making sure everyone knows he’s in charge. He doesn’t like showing emotion, and he is careful to let his guard down - enemies come from anywhere these days. Despite growing up knowing about Cybertron and its inhabitants, Graves struggles to see them as aliens, comparing them more to his robotic steed, STAN. However, if the robots are fighting with him, he sees them as allies, and he would give his life to support his allies.

It’s okay I don’t quite understand it either and I played the original RP with great enthusiasm

4 Likes

one big question is, if I play a kid cybertronian, how does he exist

and how the heck does mechanical material “age” older and larger

1 Like

I mean, that was basically Zipline in TotGA. Perhaps say that they are newly… birthed(?), so they have an immature and undeveloped personality, and you can also make them a smol person.

I… really should not be the one answering these questions… Dang…

1 Like

yes but where do they come from

if children can real/are then how do they and does the but what if how does that is it possible to could it possibly I don’t I I don’t I there is no comprehensible portion of this my brain is frying from contact with the smallest portion of transformers lore

now explain how the g1 cartoon makes any sense

1 Like

I know there’s this thing called the Well of Sparks, which is like a factory for robot souls or something, but only some Transformers actually come from it… I don’t know… I’ll just stop trying and let Chrome explain…

Also, @Chromeharpoon, what ever occurred to the Cyber Calibur after the events of TotGA? I’m… asking for a friend…

2 Likes

this is the closest thing I could find

turns out it’s an actual licensed transformer

3 Likes

That’s pretty simple: cybertronians don’t have kids. Their bodies don’t age, but their sparks (the little balls of space-magic in their chests that give them life) do.

Each cybertronian can choose what they want to transform into. They pick an alternate form from a database somewhere, and their bodies restructure themselves accordingly.

I’m not sure how to give a specific example, but I think a good rule of thumb is to remember that your character is only a part of a larger group. Make a character that can work with others, and don’t try to make a character that can do “everything”.

And the universe is so, so much better for it

Your characters seem pretty good, all-in-all, but Graves might be packing a bit too much heat. When he’s in his mech, is he able to use his other weapons (the shotguns, railgun, grenades, and the knife?), or is he limited to the mech’s arsenal? Also, can STAN move on his own, or does he need Graves to be piloting him?

The Cyber Caliber, and the other primal relics, were taken back to their respective colonies and are looked after by either their respective militaries or the Knights of Cybertron.

4 Likes

I was really tired when I wrote that, sorry, I meant “some” Transformers.

All of his weapons are human-sized, I wasn’t certain if the power scaling would limit these or not, While in the mech, he’s essentially limited to what it’s got. If he opened the main hatch, he might be able to fire a weapon of his own, but that would also leave him exposed. I could easily whittle down a few weapons, though.

STAN might have very limitied movement on its own, such as “follow your recognized commander,” and “wave politely,” and “sit and stay” commands, but it requires Graves to do anything improvised.

So probably not a good idea to go on a heist, then. Got it. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m just not sure if I can make myself take the deep dive into transformers to come up with a character… But the RP void is killing me…

3 Likes

Do it, Ghid! It’s not all that scary!

3 Likes

Ah, okay. With this in mind, I think Graves is good to go, then.

2 Likes