Transformers: Dawn of a New Age Signups and Discussion Topic (Sign-Ups Open)

one big question is, if I play a kid cybertronian, how does he exist

and how the heck does mechanical material “age” older and larger

1 Like

I mean, that was basically Zipline in TotGA. Perhaps say that they are newly… birthed(?), so they have an immature and undeveloped personality, and you can also make them a smol person.

I… really should not be the one answering these questions… Dang…

1 Like

yes but where do they come from

if children can real/are then how do they and does the but what if how does that is it possible to could it possibly I don’t I I don’t I there is no comprehensible portion of this my brain is frying from contact with the smallest portion of transformers lore

now explain how the g1 cartoon makes any sense

1 Like

I know there’s this thing called the Well of Sparks, which is like a factory for robot souls or something, but only some Transformers actually come from it… I don’t know… I’ll just stop trying and let Chrome explain…

Also, @Chromeharpoon, what ever occurred to the Cyber Calibur after the events of TotGA? I’m… asking for a friend…

2 Likes

this is the closest thing I could find

turns out it’s an actual licensed transformer

3 Likes

That’s pretty simple: cybertronians don’t have kids. Their bodies don’t age, but their sparks (the little balls of space-magic in their chests that give them life) do.

Each cybertronian can choose what they want to transform into. They pick an alternate form from a database somewhere, and their bodies restructure themselves accordingly.

I’m not sure how to give a specific example, but I think a good rule of thumb is to remember that your character is only a part of a larger group. Make a character that can work with others, and don’t try to make a character that can do “everything”.

And the universe is so, so much better for it

Your characters seem pretty good, all-in-all, but Graves might be packing a bit too much heat. When he’s in his mech, is he able to use his other weapons (the shotguns, railgun, grenades, and the knife?), or is he limited to the mech’s arsenal? Also, can STAN move on his own, or does he need Graves to be piloting him?

The Cyber Caliber, and the other primal relics, were taken back to their respective colonies and are looked after by either their respective militaries or the Knights of Cybertron.

4 Likes

I was really tired when I wrote that, sorry, I meant “some” Transformers.

All of his weapons are human-sized, I wasn’t certain if the power scaling would limit these or not, While in the mech, he’s essentially limited to what it’s got. If he opened the main hatch, he might be able to fire a weapon of his own, but that would also leave him exposed. I could easily whittle down a few weapons, though.

STAN might have very limitied movement on its own, such as “follow your recognized commander,” and “wave politely,” and “sit and stay” commands, but it requires Graves to do anything improvised.

So probably not a good idea to go on a heist, then. Got it. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m just not sure if I can make myself take the deep dive into transformers to come up with a character… But the RP void is killing me…

3 Likes

Do it, Ghid! It’s not all that scary!

3 Likes

Ah, okay. With this in mind, I think Graves is good to go, then.

2 Likes

My image search for Transformers OCs says otherwise

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks! Are there any changes to Zip and Cargo you would like for me to accomplish?

You’re not supposed to do that

3 Likes

Nope. They look A-okay to me as-is.

2 Likes

Alright, fine. But I blame you for this 100%.

Name: Conjoint

Homeworld: Junkion

Appearance: Conjoint has a black head with piercing, red eyes, a blue body, orange shoulders, red forearms and hands, green upper legs, yellow lower legs and feet. His shoulders are sharp and angled, pointing directly upwards, and his legs are slightly sloped, giving him a bellbottom look. His mouth is the Wheeljack/Optimus variety of mouth whatever you want to call that, just know Michael Bay can cry himself to sleep.

Alt-mode(s): This is a complete disaster. Due to Conjoint’s nature, nothing makes sense, as each segment of body desires to do its own thing. His shoulders transform into fighter jet wings, while his hands turn into wheels. His feet also turn into wheels, but those wheels are sideways, and his legs transform into the plane’s cockpit. This wouldn’t be so bad if his torso didn’t turn into an anti-air weapon.
Thankfully, this outrageous combination can be activated in different segments, allowing him to use portions of his equipment at different times. More deets on that below.

Weapons: Enhanced strength around double that of his peers, but not close to what Maximus’ gauntlets can achieve. Has a very powerful gun built into his chest, but the Cybertronian that belonged to was supposed to have the rest of the gun built in as well, meaning expecting any shot to travel anywhere close to the direction intended will require some kind of immense stabilization, as the recoil will literally send him flying. An excellent weapon if the circumstances are perfect.
Conjoint can also activate any portion of his transformation at any time, letting him use the forward wheels on his hands or the sideways ones on his feet. The wings are perfectly functional, but without forward momentum, they are about as useful as a lead hanglider.

Equipment: Conjoint always carries a conversion kit, which allows him to add a new limb if one of his pasted ones happens to be destroyed. This requires a limb of appropriate size to be available and around six hours of uninterrupted time… And at least one hand. It doesn’t matter what kind of limb segment it is, the time can never be any shorter. Sufficient distraction will easily make it take longer.

Abilities/powers: Conjoint is a Junkion citizen by ‘birth’, allowing him to survive without any of his limbs and after taking substantial damage. He also possesses twice the strength of the average Cybertronian, although he has no noteworthy training or fighting prowess. The wheels on his body have an impressive acceleration rate, letting him get the heck out of sticky situations (albeit sideways). He also fuels the weapon in his chest off his own energy levels, which can cause him to black out after three consecutive shots.
He can also be a manipulative speaker, and has used his wits to his advantage in the past. Part of his lack of notable battle experience was getting out of notable battles by any means necessary.

Bio: Living on Junkion was never easy, but dying there was somehow even harder. For a long time Conjoint had given up on life and repeatedly attempted to take his own, always resulting in disgraceful injury but never death. He finally succeeded in blowing up his own personal transport in the high atmosphere of Paradon, but somehow even that wasn’t good enough.

Barely alive, his mangled remains were taken down to Paradon, where he was nursed back to health, fully bitter at the universe which refused to let him die. A small mixup lead to him receiving the wrong replacement limb, and he shouted and threatened his way into getting a whole slew of the wrong kind of limbs, which were clearly not anything remotely resembling his own. He was shocked and greatly disappointed to learn that, after all the mind games and bartering, none of the transformations of the limbs worked with each other.

With a hefty bill and a slew of impossible promises to keep, Conjoint spent just enough time on Paradon to reverse-engineer the technology used to patch him up in the first place, and then snuck off-planet on a cargo ship. He lost his forearms there, which used to have built-in weapons, and had to spend a week trying to attach new ones without the use of hands. With a new lease on life that promises to get mighty painful, Conjoint is hoping someone, somewhere has a use for him… Mostly so he can get some cash.

5 Likes

Do it, Conjoint sounds fantastic

2 Likes

Y’know this was a joke but now I’m legitimately thinking of a rock transformer character…

4 Likes

Like a robot armadillo! That’d be dope!

Sharp inhale…

A robot Ankylosaurus that transforms into a boulder!

1 Like

You’ll just have to wait and see :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m beginning to regret my choices

A rock lord. You’re thinking of a rock lord.

1 Like