Transformers: Dawn of a New Age Signups and Discussion Topic (Sign-Ups Open)

I’m going to quickly mention that it’s only “instant” from Machina’s POV since in the natural timeline she would just disappear then suddenly appear somewhere else down the timeline, like maybe an hour or two later perhaps a day even.

2 Likes

Name: Kitai

Homeworld: Unknown Moon

Subtype (Optional): N/A

Appearance: His body looks like that of the Hive from Destiny 2,with macabre armor,claws,and a three eyed face.His armor is reminiscent of Savathun,The Witch Queen’s own armor.He is quite tall,twice as an average cybertronian.He has wings like that of a moth,heavy and have a wingspan of his size and a half.
Savathun-Mother_Morph
Credit: Destiny 2

Alt-mode(s): N/A

Weapons: Wields retractable claws,prime for slicing and stabbing.

Equipment: Heavy armor,wings

Abilities/powers: Kitai wears heavy armor,able to take most shots from handheld weapons.He is able to fly with his wings,with some effort.In zero g areas,its absolutely effortless to fly for short periods of time. He is able to drain energon through touch,the amount dependent of the time of contact.It is activated through is emotions.Kitai has no idea of this power.

Bio: Not much was known about Kitais body,only that its a mix of organics and metal.He was found on a uninhabited moon by expeditioners who were looking for new sources of energon.He does not remember anything about his life,and only through much therapy has he finally remembered his name.He has nightmares of terrible scenes:piles of dead corpses,the sky dark and gloomy,green lightning coloring the sky.He keeps to himself,though his appearance betrays his nature,and has a hard time not to eavesdrop and other typical common sense things.He does have trouble keeping his mouth shut all the time though,and when he does talk,he talks a lot,not always at the right time.He has found his way onto Clemency,his body suited well for the freezing temperatures.He has come to Iacon in curiosity of what it has to offer.

6 Likes

Very interesting. Kitai seems good to go; I’ll add him to the roster.

2 Likes

Yes!!! Thank you @Chromeharpoon !

2 Likes

Ah yes thanks for adding Stonefist.

Hehe me too.

Here’s another one:

Name: Aralysa (are-all-eye-sa)

Homeworld: Hecate

Appearance: Her armor is dark blue and purple, with some light blue highlights as well. Aralysa’s eyes are a deep blue and she is rather slender, or at least more slender than her friend Stonefist. Her armor is smooth and angular.

Alt mode: Aralysa’s alternate mode is a “spider” tank. Basically, a round weapon platform that resembles the top of a tank mounted on six long insectlike legs. The legs sort of resemble the legs on the Vahki Transports from Legends of Metru Nui. When transforming, her legs split apart into the six tank legs, and her arms fold into the tank’s main cannon, with her torso becoming the round weapons platform. Aralysa’s saber is stored within the platform.

Weapons: In her alternate mode, Aralysa’s main weapons are her variety of laser blasters and her main cannon, which is capable of launching explosive shells at a range of 10000 feet maximum. When using her main cannon, Aralysa must lock her tank legs into place so as to not be knocked over by the recoil. In robot mode, she can still access her lasers, and carries a thin energy saber for melee combat.

Equipment: The Hecatan transformer carries with her a travel bag, which contains personal items from her home planet as well as a few medical supplies.

Abilities/Powers: Due to her home planet being fond of cold construction, Aralysa has limited medical skills for Cybertronians. In battle, she knows she isn’t the toughest Transformer, so she uses her agility and speed to her advantage, often getting in multiple hits at once, and her lasers are capable of rapid fire. Aralysa isn’t a master at using her saber, but she can hold her own one-on-one and her swift fighting style makes her a tricky warrior to cross.

Personality: Aralysa is much more lively and energetic than her gruff and grumpy companion Stonefist, though she is also much younger. She’s very friendly and unafraid to try out new things, and has a desire to learn and explore the universe around her. She hopes that this adventure will give her lots of new knowledge and experience.

Bio: Originally from Hecate, the energon-rich colony moon of Cybertron, Aralysa’s desire to explore took her beyond the borders of her home, and while exploring a Cybertronian canyon she came across a strange rock, which later turned out to be Stonefist after she accidentally reactivated him. Aralysa took a liking to the rocky Transformer, and took him around Cybertron to get him about up to date. They soon became friends and traveling companions, with Aralysa’s upbeat nature acting as a counter to Stonefist’s grumpiness. Both came to answer the call.

(Note: They are not romantically involved. I imagine it as more of a grandfather/granddaughter thing.)

6 Likes

Everything looks good! I’ll add Aralysa to the roster.

1 Like

Ok thank you. :smiley:

2 Likes

No problem. Every party needs a medic.

1 Like

Well she’s not an expert but that is true.

2 Likes

Well, something’s gonna be better than nothing

1 Like

Well that is true. Limited medic is better than no medic

3 Likes

Name: Tokamak / Motormouth

Homeworld: Velocitron

Subtype: Axelerator / Powermaster

Appearance: Tokamak looks like other car Transformers that have their hoods/fronts flat against their chest (e.g. Deep Cover or Sideswipe). Primarily orange and white, with a strange circular engine on his chest that has rotating yellow and blue blocks. Internal/upper limbs are a light grey; bulky, boot-like lower legs formed from his vehicle’s back half, and jutting shoulder pads like Getaway.

Motormouth is a small robotic humanoid figure, resembling some of the Nebulon partners. Albeit, a bit closer to Data Discs due to his circular alt mode. Primarily light grey with some minor splashes of yellow and blue.

Alt-modes: Tokamak’s alt is a Computer Car, resembling PIKO’s Kybernet. A primarily orange, long body car with a white underside. The front is set lower than the rest, having an unusual circular/rotary engine sitting atop, with ridges going along the sides going up until it reaches the roof. Occasionally has a large blaster attached to the roof.

Motormouth’s primary alt is a grey, disk-like engine block. Resides in the front within the yellow and blue rims. When taken out as a weapon, a rifle barrel pops out one end.

Weapons: Tokamak’s primary weapon is an odd rifle that resembles the Nerf Nitro blasters. It fires blasts of Energon-plasma that races across the ground to strike targets and will even swerve to make that hit. In situations where there is no “ground,” it fires normal blasts that don’t swerve. It can also launch his little car drones and possibly even small bots like Mini-Cons and Micromasters. However, that use is not recommended.

His partner Motormouth can be used as an engine block rifle, like the Axelerators of old. Motormouth fires blobs of radioactive plasma, the size and travel speed of his projectile increases the longer the shot is charged. The largest it can go is the size of an average Transformer and will exhaust Motormouth’s energy, rendering unable to fire again until a recharge.

Due to his round shape, Motormouth can technically be used as a shield. Not recommended as he’s not as durable as Battle Master shields.

Equipment: Four little car drones, around the size of Mini-Cons. Minimal programming, they typically just drive in whatever predetermined program they were given. If not destroyed, they’ll self-correct their course and return to Tokamak.

Abilities/powers: Tokamak is a skilled programmer and technician, adjusting levels and properties on the fly. Like most from his home world, he’s a fast racer in vehicle mode and employees a nuclear engine to increase his speed. This engine is partially maintained by Motormouth, who helps keep it under control and provides an additional speed boost.

Bio: Hails from Velocitron, born and lived among its racetracks most of his life. Tokamak was among the many technicians that help their moving cities running smoothly and fleeing in the correct direction. But like many, his part-time hobby and job is racing. His team, the Computations, was largely comprised of other Transformers with computer car based alts, sharing similar methods for how they’d win the race. Using, in theory, the best preplanned routes and speed levels so they could win races even on autopilot. They have yet to win a single major race, but what is science if not constant failure and retesting until something works consistently?

Tokamak has been suspended from racing here and there for “cheating.” Using his little drones to make his fellow racers swerve and lose speed. He still argues that it wasn’t illegal as he didn’t attack or send a dangerous obstacle. After being benched enough times, Tokamak ended up taking a coaching role and found he enjoyed teaching and helping his teammates race better more than racing himself.

Eventually, he was frequently recommended as a starting teacher for new bots looking to get into the race. Perhaps his lessons wouldn’t get them the trophy, but his fundamentals of speed control and pathing were considered valuable.

At some point, he left Velocitron to learn how others race and teach what he knew in turn. During this time, he became friends and bonded with a Nebulon. As racing partners, they were greater together than alone. However, Tokamak made a risky move one race that resulted in them crashing and it killed his friend. Year later, he would create the Motormouth drone in the Nebulon’s honor as his new partner. Though still risk adverse these days when it comes to testing things on anything living.

And now make that 109 TF characters, because I clearly hate myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Everything looks good here. Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

so like if i wanted could i just use hftd brimstone and like just write him a bio but like have him be the exact same character

1 Like

You couldn’t play as Brimstone (you should create an original character), though you could use him as an inspiration when creating your character.

1 Like

mmm i see

2 Likes

there go my dreams of playing as rescue force 2 :cry:

1 Like

@Chromeharpoon I have a few questions.

1. How long before the RP starts? Not to be rude,but i’d like to know how long i’ll be waiting.

2. Can I please tweak my character? I have seen that many of the characters have more powerful builds and items,and i wish to slightly expand the list of abilities.(I understand if not,but,unlike the other characters,he does not have an alt mode,for the reasoning that he has partial organics.Many characters also have powerful alt modes,but i wished to sacrifice this for simply wings and a more powerful base form.I’ve realized this is not the case,he doesn’t have a very powerful base,prompting my reason for this.)

3. How do you plan on bringing all our characters together?
    There are multiple,including one whos a dang prime.

4. Do you have any ideas on what Kitai’s past life was? Will he ever find out?
    Should it be something more evil or good? Will other characters tie into his backstory? Or will he be more of a side character,the main being another?

5. What kind of attitude do you want the RP to be? Grim and gloomy,or more cheerful?

Thank you.

3 Likes

It’s probably gonna be about a week-and-a-half, though depending on how things go in my life over the next few days, the game could start sooner.

The way I see it, the game hasn’t started yet, so I’ll allow you to make some slight alterations to Kitai because he does seem to be underpowered compared to some of the other PCs. I didn’t say anything because I didn’t know if that bothered you or not.

Everybody’s characters are gonna start in Iacon. There’s gonna be a big holiday/celebration going on, which will attract people from all over the galaxy to the city.

I want to discuss this further in a PM, because I’ve been curious about this too. I do want to try working everyone’s backstories into the game somehow.

Tonally, I’m trying to go for a classic space-opera vibe: a galaxy in peril, menacing villains, heroes from unlikely places- that sort of thing. Definitely nothing grimdark or anything like that.

Thank you for asking! I hope this all helps.

5 Likes

Fire or light?

1 Like