Transformers: Dawn of a New Age

“What about us?” Aralysa asked Watchdog. “Do you need info about the attack?”

Conjoint made eye contact with Overclock for a very brief moment before looking at the wall with his best attempt at a poker face. Please, somebody, give me an out-

THANK YOU.

“I don’t know how you handle things on your human planet, but most times a terrorist does something terrorist-y, they’re pretty much beyond reasoning with.” He replied. “By that point they’re fairly convinced with what they do. Best you can do is argue a more favorable outcome for them and convince them you can and will outgun them.”

“Or apparently just attack them like an idiot.” He grumbled. “But I wouldn’t know anything about that.”

“This is nothing.” Conjoint smirked at Roaster as she entered. “Movie nights on Junkion are the bomb. Probably shouldn’t say that right after talking about terrorists. Even better when you drive a car through the screen and into the generator behind it. Immensely entertaining, even though it only happened once.”

“Don’t ask me how I know. Also, hi. Also, don’t ask me how I know.”

2 Likes

Axis took the journal and returned to her craft. She flew back to the Primal Basilica and landed her flyer in the hanger at its peak.

She didn’t even wait to get out of the Prime Flyer before she booted the journal up again and opened the final entry.

It is done. I may not be able to stop the war, but I can prevent Megatron’s victory. There are secrets that the Primes have had to keep- secrets that could lead the Decepticons to terrible weapons, or knowledge that they could abuse to annihilate their enemies. They rest now where I should rest- regardless of my destiny, duty requires me to accept another fate.

It was remarkably easy. Like writing over an old text. The knowledge that was once there is now erased, but I hope it can be rediscovered one day, far from now. The Matrix has closed itself to me, and I suspect it will not wake again for a long, long time. I shall hide it away, too- entombed with the rest of my secrets.

If other eyes read these words, know that I am truly sorry. I will not ask for forgiveness, for I do not deserve it, but I hope that these last acts can enable others to right my failure.

Axis read the words several times over. Looking for something, anything that stood out. She considered trying to reach Sentinel directly again, but she decided it wasn’t worth the frustration. Not that this wasn’t already aggravating as is. Everything always had to be about riddles and tests and puzzles. Why couldn’t a prime hide something behind an old fashioned lock and key? A secure bunker? An indestructible safe deposit box forged from some magical cosmic alloy? Protect yourself with walls instead of riddles.

If she ever had to hide something important, it would be in a heavily locked vault deep in Eukaris’ underground, guarded by the strongest predacons she could find. No puzzles to speak of. Just good security.

After a short time, one piece of the entry did catch her eye.
The Matrix has closed itself to me, and I suspect it will not wake again for a long, long time. I shall hide it away, too- entombed with the rest of my secrets.

Before she had only focused on the Matrix abandoning Sentinel, thinking about what that could possibly feel like. But now she actually took the time to analyze that last part.

She joined the relic hunter’s quest long after it started. When the Matrix was discovered on Cybertron, she was still living a quiet and peaceful life with Maximus in the valley of the Shard Mountains. She had never actually been to the place it was found before. Actually she couldn’t remember where they found it at all come to think of it. But if there was any chance that the answers she was looking for could be found there, then there is where she would look.

Axis tried to contact Downburst on her comms. She chose to stay in her flyer until she knew where she was going, in case it might be a long journey ahead of her.

4 Likes

“Of course,” Watchdog says. “While you’re here, anything you can tell us would be welcome. We’ve already learned more about the attackers, and discovered another potential suspect.”

Downburst replies promptly, as always.

“Good morning, ma’am,” she says. “How was Kaon?”

1 Like

“A shame my stock is currently empty or I would provide some.” Roaster responded before her gaze falls on Firestorm. She does a short quick stomp, mouthing “oh shoot.”

“Ah drat, this means I lost the bet! I’ll make your prize when I have more mixes.” She tells Firestorm.

@BlackBeltGamer98

“Oh I know, I–” Roaster says, shifting her head to look at Conjoint before what he said connected. “Wait, you were the one who ruined the Love Bug screening?”

And they let him take one of the attackers’ arms?! Roaster wondered, looking over the anatomically disastrous Junkion. He didn’t seem to recognize her, but this one also appeared to have swapped too many parts for her to identify him.

By now, Tokamak and Motormouth have finished building the last of the drones. He puts them away, but his partner stays out for now.

“And what’s expected of us once we’re out of here? Stay uninvolved as best we can?”

Motormouth taps on Tokamak and points at Maximus.

“Well, for those of us not in charge of Cybertron.”

2 Likes

“Oh, you were-”

Conjoint’s face perceptibly lengthened.

“…there for that.” He seemed to want to go crawl into the corner and die. “I’ll admit, I have done stupider things than that. But if you don’t mind my asking, why were you even on Junkion? You don’t exactly look the part, and it isn’t known for being a tourist trap.”

2 Likes

“That’s good. What has Stonefist told you so far?” Aralysa replied. At that moment, the rocky bot’s gaze noticed his Hecatan friend as well as another newcomer.
“Ah, so nice of you to join us.” Stonefist rumbled.

Snowblind nods to herself. “Alright, I’ll start the-” She looks up, and her eyes lock on Roaster. Stares for a moment. For once not focused on what her goggles were telling her, but actually looking at the person in front of her.

“I’m sorry, do I know you from somewhere?”

2 Likes

“He, Tokamak, and Conjoint told us about the strange human you saw before the bombing,” Watchdog tells her. “We may have to get in touch with the UHP to identify him.”

“I certainly wouldn’t want any more innocent people to get hurt,” the captain then says to Tokamak. “Though from what I’ve seen, you all can take care of yourselves. If you have nothing more to say, feel free to leave, but if you find anything else, don’t hesitate to bring it to us.”

1 Like

“Filming – I mean researching! I was there for a little science project and got sidetracked is all.” Roaster tried to dismiss. “Besides, where else are you going to find a vintage records of Goldenbug’s hero?”

Roaster was preparing her responses to Conjoint when someone else spoke. It took a moment and then she realized the question was for her.

“Uh.”

She shifts her gaze to Snowblind, a few dots of light traveling across her brain as she tried to place the bot.

“Nnnoooo?” Roaster answers quite unsure. She’s pretty sure to have never encountered this bot before. Unless…

“So not approved, but not stopping either. Note that down everyone.” Tokamak adds.

3 Likes

Snowblind slides her goggles onto her forehead, looking over Roaster. “Huh, I’m sure I’ve seen you somewhere. You aren’t from Clemency, are you?”

1 Like

“I don’t know, a du- Somewhere else maybe?”

Don’t say that the lovely bot in front of you would be most likely to find her valuable artifact in a dumpster, Conjoint. Besides, that’s basically the entire planet of Junkion, so…

Conjoint had what many of the humans had referred to in eons past as a pog moment.

“Hmmmm, now that you mention it, she does look familiar…” He placed his new hand on his chin for emphasis, despite her not actually looking familiar to Conjoint. No way I’m going to give up an opportunity to take pressure off myself, though.

4 Likes

“It was certainly… enlightening. Though I was hoping you could tell me something. Do you know where the Matrix of Leadership was rediscovered?”
Axis asked.

1 Like

Roaster shakes her head and says, “Never been. I’m-”

As she’s about to say the next few words, the Junkion spoke. Did he know?! Wait, no! Abort, abort! Stop! Cease! Cut! She internally screamed, but it was far too late.

“Just that wizkid from Hecate, ready to lock myself in another science project.”

Once the words leave, Roaster stiffens for a moment and keeps up a plastered smile.

3 Likes

Recognition dawns in Snowblind’s eyes. “Wait, that’s- by the Primes, it’s actually you!” She steps away from the wall, a giddy look on her face. “I didn’t realize you were on Cybertron, which I mean- wait, if you’re here, then- did you fight the terrorists too?”

2 Likes

“Of course,” Downburst says. “The Tomb of the Primes, remember? I’m pretty sure you’ve been there, haven’t you?”

1 Like

So the other bot was now ghiddy about the extremely awkward bot who looked like she was in definite pain. Some sympathy was present in Conjoint’s eyes, but the mission was of the utmost importance: Make people stop thinking about you attempting to kill yourself.

Or about the arm.

“Never heard of it. Er, you. Er, no offense.” Conjoint shrugged uncomfortably. “What, uh, uhm, were you researching? How to avoid getting hit by a vehicle?”

2 Likes

Oh.

The jaguar was out of the bag, they definitely knew who she was. Roaster relaxes a bit, but not by much. She had never encountered fans outside of Junkions and wasn’t sure how’d they treat her. Just please don’t be as rough.

“Ha, ha, uh, yeah…” Roaster was slowly regaining composure, putting one hand to rub the back of her neck. “Someone had to cook that dragon, he was firing artillery into the streets. So I did what I could with the giant cat.”

Roaster hears Conjoint’s question, but wasn’t listening to make it out. Right now her focus was on Snowblind.

3 Likes

“I may have visited once or twice. But if I have it would have been brief, and quite some time ago. Regardless I believe this place may hold the keys to the answers I’m looking for. I’ll be assembling an expedition team to take to the tomb and assist on my search. I want you to contact as many of the original relic hunters as you can. I have a feeling the old guard will be needed once again.”

3 Likes

“It might take some time to track all of them down,” Downburst tells Axis, “but I’ll do my best. Firestorm and the bounty hunters are still here in Iacon though, I think, so getting a hold of them shouldn’t be too hard.”

1 Like