Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic

OOC: It didn’t hit the shoulders.
IC:

Gronius quickly brings it closer to his body and steps backwards, before going for a hit at Grimlock’s hand while both hands were at too far of a range to catch the mace.

Since the mace was going for his hand, Grimlock had little trouble grabbing the ball and and pulling it out of his hand.
“Me Grimlock no like you!”
The dinobot shouted, getting rather fed up with all of this.

He sweeps with his leg, hoping to kick Gronius’ feet out from under him in an attempt to nock his enemy to the ground.

OOC: But…

One was hit and one was grabbing in the opposite direction.

OOC: He caught it with the hand you were aiming for.

OOC: He was aiming for his head. He shouldn’t have been able to catch it.

OOC: You said he was aiming for his hand. Either way I’m continuing the fight. And since you wouldn’t respond, I’ll say that Grimlock successfully knocked Gronius on to the ground.

IC: Having knocked his opponent down, Grimlock transformed back into beast and stomped hard on to Gronius’ chest.

OOC: Did I now?
Ohh… I did. But I said ‘he aimed for his hand while both hands’, so the typo should have been somewhat visible.
So… Can I go for the head?

Don’t do that! It isn’t fair!
IC: Gronius jumped over Grimlock’s leg, flipping in the air and attempting to hit him with both feet in the head.

OOC: Dude, it’s in your favor. The chestplate absorbs kinetic energy, and Grimlock just delivered a lot of it. But if this is what you want to do, so be it.

IC: Grimlock looked up and caught both his legs in his jaws, digging his teeth in. Having a tight grip on the predacon, he slammed him into the ground with great force.

OOC: He was in robot mode! This is why Gronius could punch his hands.

^^^^^

OOC: He turned back into beast mode after Gronius was knocked down. It’s your fault for going for the head after that.

@Toa_Vladin

Backbreaker looks up at the screen.

“Yeah, that’s strange alright,” he agrees.

“It’s most peculiar to see Grimlock have two fights so close together. Something is amiss here.”

Backbreaker nods.

“Any guesses?” he prompts the medic.

“This is Gronius we’re talking about. He can be demanding, but he’s not an idiot. So I doubt he’s doing this willingly, as Maximus did.”

“Which leaves the question as to what he did for Iota to throw Grimlock at him,” Backbreaker continues.

“If I remember right I think I overheard something about him starting a union for better living conditions. That probably has something to do with it.”

“A union?” Backbreaker scoffs. Not that he wouldn’t appreciate better living conditions, but the gladiator would’ve thought that the unlikelihood of Iota treating his little Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots more fairly seemed obvious.

“How long’s he been here? I would’ve thought he’d known that was a bad idea.”

1 Like

“I would guess his few impressive victories have gone to his head. Thinking he has more authority here than he actually does, and now he’s paying the consequences.”

Backbreaker shrugs. He didn’t entirely disagree.

“Gotta admit, though; this place is a dump,” he says.

“Of course. As foolish as they may be, I cannot disagree with his intentions.”