Transformers: Tournament of Terror. RP Topic

Backbreaker and Oddball watch the fight. Oddball winces as the two combatants deal out grievous injuries to each other, while Backbreaker observes the match with a stoic demeanor. Nonetheless, he sympathetized with Gronius and saw the nobility of his intentions. He truly regretted that whatever negotiatons he’d held with the Vex had apparently not gone in his favor.

Oddball warbles out a commentary, which none around him could understand. Backbreaker gives the bot a raised eyebrow.

“Sorry little man,” he apologizes. “I don’t speak that.”

Oddball whistles out a sigh and visibly deflates, his eyelids drooping.

1 Like

Gronius strongly ties his legs around Grimlock’s belly, opening his wings and covering with them Grimlock’s sides to make the movement more difficult. Even with all the jumping and shaking Gronius continues to cut into Grimlock’s neck, trying cut after cut after cut.

Maximus walked into the commons area, giving a stretch and a yawn, having woken up from his nap.
“Hey guys. What’s going on?”
He asked, rubbing the sleep from his left optic.
@Chromeharpoon

Grimlock was now thoroughly pissed. The sword and claws were only doing minimal damage. Doing more to make him angry than to hurt him.

Grimlock charger full speed at the farthest wall. As dug in as he was, there was no way Gronius could escape as he slammed his body full force into the wall. Crushing Gronius in the process. The impact hit so hard that it left a decent sized crater in the metal surface.

The crowd cheered with great excitement.

“Hell yeah! Beat his aft until there’s nothing left!”
Axis cheered from the tribunes. She couldn’t even begin to describe how unbelievably cathartic this was for her.

Wildsong silently pointed her two right arms to the fight.

Gronius hardly stood up from the crater, at first using his sword as a cane, before rising it up, spinning it in the air and preparing to counter a new attack. His nose was leaking Energon and his left eye was red, but his anger and vanity would not let him give up that easily.

Grimlock wouldn’t give him the chance to attack again. Just as he was getting up, the Dinobot charged again. Slamming at the Predacon with a powerful headbutt.

OOC: Maximus is in the tribunes, not the commons.

Gronius jumped in the air and once again used the recharged SHASC (cause I guess in all this time it had enough time to recharge) to send a powerful wall of energy back at Grimlock, straight through his head.

OOC: As hurt as he is, he shouldn’t be able to do acrobatic maneuvers like that.

OOC: Jumping half of meter in the air till the level of his head so that Grimlock would hit his chest instead of head isn’t all that acrobatic. Also, the hit might have damaged him, but it isn’t like it broke his bones or anything.

OOC: At that force, it should have. Don’t forget about the overwhelming power gap between the two. And regardless, jumping half a meter would have only put him more in the path of the headbutt.

Dwee-boo-beep-boop!” Oddball chirps, turning in his seat to face Maximus.

OOC: No, jumping half of meter would completely negate the attack, redirecting all of the force (or at least most of it, he has to heal himself too) back into Grimlock’s head.
And no offence, I think I am the one who says how damaged Gronius got. Sure, if you repeatedly attack me with moves that would break my bones I will obey to the logic and say his bones broke (if Cybertronians have bones), but seeing that this really is the first major attack that Grimlock did to Gronius, aside for some throw arounds, and that you completely ignored the repeated cuts into his neck, I think it’s fine as it is.

“Uh, translation?”
Maximus said, looking up to Backbreaker
@Chromeharpoon

OOC: You’re also underestimating how powerful Grimlock is. He’s the champion. The best of the best. The strongest out of everyone here. Yes he only got one solid attack in, but he should only need one.

OOC: I think you also underestimate Gronius. Yes, he isn’t the toughest there is, but he is definetely though enough to stand one attack.

OOC: The entire point of this match is that Gronius is horribly outmatched here. He honestly shouldn’t have even lasted this long.

OOC: Ah, so you are not even going to let me try to beat Grimlock?

OOC: It would be absurd if he did. Gronius may be very skilled, but he’s still in the bottom tier. He’s beaten higher tier opponents before, and that’s impressive. But those same opponents Grimlock would thrash without hesitation.

OOC: So wait, it would be absurd if I would at least try to fight Grimlock.
This is autohitting. This is metagaming. It doesn’t matter how powerful Grimlock is. Grimlock has to beat Gronius by dodging his attacks, not by you magically blocking each and every one of them because I am not allowed to defeat him! I am allowed to at least try to!

OOC: Wait. Sorry. I misunderstood. I meant it would be absurd if Gronius defeated Grimlock. You can try of course, but just keep in mind the chances are so astronomically slim, it’s near impossible. I’ve been trying to play this fight as reasonably as I can. The reason Gronius’ attacks have kittle effect is because Grimlock is a such a higher level opponent.

OOC: Then go on and respond to the shockwave of energy I launched at Grimlock.

The force struck him right on the tip of his nose and shocked his whole head. It stunned him for just a moment, bringing him to an abrupt stop. Stopped right in his tracks just before he would have made contact with Gronius.

The dinobot shook his head violently. The shockwave ringing in his skull. He let out a bellowing roar of rage which quickly transitioned into a belching inferno, which flew from his jaws. Sending fire absolutely everywhere.