Transformers: Unicron Apocalypse. Sign up and discussion

Name: Defender

Chapter: Knights of Cybertron

Appearance: At about 15 feet tall, Defender is of average height for a Cybertronian. He has black armor, with tank parts clearly visible on the arms and legs. He has a turret as a backpack, with the barrel of his railgun protruding from it.

Alt-mode: A Cybertronian tank, though with a much less Sci-fi design, using tracks for propulsion.

Weapons: A large railgun, which forms the material weapon of his alt-mode. The barrel can detach from Defender’s turret and be used as a staff. It is extremely strong, and is practically impervious to physical damage, though prolonged exposure to energy can damage it.

Defender also has a machine gun, which is attached to his turret in vehicle mode. It’s a standard Cybertronian machine gun, firing approximately .50 caliber bullets.

Abilities: As a Knight of Cybertron, Defender is trained in combat, and has skills such as would be expected in any special forces unit. He has specialized in sniper combat and staff fighting, and can utilize these abilities to deadly effect.

Bio: Defender is one of many Knights of Cybertron, and is a master of combat. However, he lacks actual experience, having joined only a few thousand years ago. Thus, he stands out among their ranks, as he has not yet taken on their armor design, instead using his current form. He is eager for action, which often leads to him being impulsive and a bit of a talker. He is impressively loyal, though, and will fight for his friends no matter the cost.

4 Likes

Everything looks good! Defender is accepted in.

On that note, I did say I’d launch early if I got two more players in. But I have work today and it runs pretty late. So it just wouldn’t be practical. I guarantee the launch will take place tomorrow morning.

@Rukah @Monopoly @BlackBeltGamer98 if you guys are still interested in joining, don’t worry too much about getting a character in before tomorrow. There will be a period of downtime in the beginning for characters to get to know one another and find their footing. So it won’t be any issue if you end up joining a day or two late.

3 Likes

Well currently the only thing I’m having trouble with is a name. I’ve got a general design and backstory in mind.

1 Like

Well I’m definitely willing to help out with that if you want. Just give me the basic details and I’ll give you some ideas.

2 Likes

alrighty, pm incoming

2 Likes

And here we go!

4 Likes

I have a question: does the programmable cybertronian matter have a name in this universe?

2 Likes

That’s something I hadn’t put a lot of thought to. The concept of living metal is simply something I don’t think about too often. But the term sentio metallico has always sounded nice to me. So that’s what I’ll role with. It’s better than transformium at any rate.

3 Likes

Okay. I will role with that, should Coppeweb ever have to bring it up. Thank you.

3 Likes

Hey, so, if one of the characters are waiting to fight, do we just say that they are, or is there something else? In the combat rings, that is.

2 Likes

Well there are two Primes there to talk with, and I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to find an open fight.

2 Likes

In case no one has seen, one, this is a Weevil!

Fore those unaware, one of these little-fellows called the Boll Weevil nearly destroyed the entirety of the Southern-US’s economy in the 1920’s, and is still a threat there and in South America up until the modern day, though numbers have severly declined since the 80s, and good riddance. A very evil Weevil.

7 Likes

I refuse to believe something that cute can be as evil as you say

5 Likes

Here’s my proverbial hat in the ring.

Name: Backblast

Chapter: Artificer (primary) and Knight (very minor/basic training)

Appearance: unlike a lot of Cybertronians, he is very lanky but definitely isn’t a pushover; a good way to describe him is wiry, though not in the literal sense. Most folks don’t really realize this but he’s also a rather tall fellow, he just has a habit of slouching. One of his legs functions more like a peg leg and is covered head to toe in burns and scars from his experiments.

Altmode: a small helicopter with some jet engines to help with speed (salvage is a first come first serve type of deal) but he mainly gets around by, basically, rocket-jumping.

Weapons: Custom built fragmentation grenade launcher (ammunition is various; trust me, we’d be here all century), concussion mines (remotely detonated), some nasty steel traps (bear traps). Also is working on an experimental weapon he calls the Punch Of Kill Everything, P.O.K.E for short; he finds the acronym amusing given the ordinance it can output. The current iteration is a hammer. But, he also carries a sword and shield, mostly using the shield to defend against explosive blasts. If he doesn’t have the desired bomb, he can probably very easily make it from whatever’s lying around. He usually carries EMPs, Sonic Disruptors, Stun Grenades, traditional explosives and smoke bombs; always nice to have a variety of tools so you have the right one for the job.

Abilities: As a Junkion, Backblast has a unique gift for tinkering and repair. While he can take a lot of hits, it’s mostly because he can practically fix himself from whatever’s around him and he’s blown himself up so much he has found a way to avoid the worst of the damage from his own weapons, often using his own bombs to send himself flying around a space just to get around.

Bio/backstory: Living life on a Junk world was a gold mine for tinkering, Backblast especially had a talent for explosive projects; nothing like making more scrap or finding more scrap by blowing up a huge piece or pile of debris to discover some new parts to mess around with. While not the biggest fan of the Primes given Liege Maximo made his world and people as, and this is absolutely serious, a literal joke. When he was on a salvage run, Backblast met an Artificer and a Knight and they were pretty boring and overthought how to solve the problem of getting some scrap to study. The obvious, and simplest solution, was, naturally, blowing up the wall between them and the treasure…which was guarded by some kind of creature that nearly took his life.

The Knight and Artificer saved his hide as he was not keen on blowing himself up with a point blank grenade shot and it may have been a bit ticked at him blowing a hole in the wall.

“Huh, maybe there is some merit to these old farts’ teachings.” Was the line of thought that sparked his friendship with these two and eventually led to him becoming an Artificer…along with his own private lab space given his explosive hobbies. He also helps make pyrotechnics, mainly fireworks, for celebrations and spent some time among the Knights, barely getting through basic training because all those rules and protocols were so stifling and boring. What good is learning how to fight if you can’t have fun with it? Though, close quarters combat training definitely has its merits.

Nowadays, Backblast has spent his time building, (detonating) tinkering and experimenting with various explosives and fireworks but enjoys wandering around, maybe trading scraps for some components or just wandering around and exploring in his off time, or when his lab is getting rebuilt…again.

(Sorry no artwork, I didn’t really build him with any TF character/toy in mind)

5 Likes

Sorry for taking so long to get to this. Backblast is accepted in!

@BlackBeltGamer98 I’d prefer if you left all npc dialog to me. If you have a specific scene in mind that you want to write out yourself, I want you to ask me ahead of time.

4 Likes

Sorry. I got excited to take Backblast for a spin.

2 Likes

It’s alright. Just make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Also just a heads up for everyone. I got a long shift at work today, so my activity is gonna be spotty for a while.

4 Likes

Aye-aye, Max.

3 Likes

I intend for Coppeweb to be a pretty introverted guy, like what I wrote in his bio. It’s just that he also tends to open up a bit when somebody shows interest in his work. I probably should have put that in the bio, too.

3 Likes

As an introvert myself this is 100% accurate.

4 Likes