Translating MNOG soundtrack background text

I decided to translate the text in the background of the MNOG soundtrack cover for fun. heres the results (and the cover)
AlbumArtLarge
text in parentheses is assumption
You are mistaken, Nuju…
all of life is a (jou)rney, and the
journey is no(t) __ ow high
you climb o __ ___ walk.
It (i)s (a/o)n the
wa(y) _ ow _ _ u(s)e
use __(I)
the g __ __ d live
inside yo(ur) n__o yourself,
and tho(ugh) ___ walk among
us, you will have no more spirit
than a block of protodermis.

I think this is a conversation between Vakama and Nuju about keeping Nuju among the matoran and on the ground (not in the stars). anybody think they could try and fill in some of the blanks?

24 Likes

Look at that, amogus funny!

:smiley: :joy: :sob: :weary:

11 Likes

I actually have never played that game, though many people I know do

2 Likes

First of all, I believe the ‘in’ on line 5 is wrong. You can’t see the vertical line at the top of the circle, leading me to believe that it is either ‘an’ or ‘on’.
Next, I believe the second word of line 10 is ‘though’. You can just about see the other letters showing through.
In line 9, there is a word with an ‘n’ and ‘o’ appearing right before ‘yourself’.
The ending letter of line 7 is not an ‘I’, but is in fact a ‘d’.

3 Likes

thanks, Ill correct those
EDIT: updated

2 Likes

Looks like a quote from ihu.

Here’s the full quote from Adventures 6:

“You are mistaken, nuju. All of life is a journey, and the journey is not about how high you climb or how far you walk. It is about what you learn on the way, and how you choose to use that knowledge. Use it to help others, and the glory of mata Nui will live inside you. Use it only for yourself, and though you may walk among us, you will have no more spirit than a block of protodermis.”

12 Likes

neat. I didnt think to check BS01, whoops. It does seem like something (turaga) vakama would tell Nuju, but I think it works better ko-matoran to ko-matoran.

1 Like

I know it’s not intentional foreshadowing, but I love that we have a quote from Ihu with a picture of the red star over it.

4 Likes

I had never bothered to read that, you have brought honor to your family for this.

5 Likes

When I saw the title I thought this would be translating the choir vocals from the actual music or something, like the Ko-Koro chant. Those probably aren’t real languages though. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes