TTV MOC Contest: Build in the GWP style, win a Toa! [CONGRATS WINNERS!!]

Edit: The contests for the Toa are now over! Stay tuned for another giveaway… sometime soonish?! Maybe?!

To all runner-ups: Stay on the lookout for DMs containing information about the distribution of your Matoran prizes! If you have any questions, please feel free to shoot me a message!

These contests were a blast. If you have any suggestions for future themes, ideas for prizes, or anything else of the like, please feel free to reach out. I’d love to do more of these, potentially in the near future!

Hey everyone! StarBreaker here. I’m excited to say we’re kicking off a new kind of contest here on the Message Boards!

To those of you who just had a heart attack at that first line, don’t worry, it’s nothing canon related.

Starting March 1st, you have a chance to win a MOC of each of the Toa Mata (excluding Tahu) by building iconic Bionicle MOCs of your own in the style of the Tahu and Takua GWP set.

The winner of each contest is decided 3 days after the entry period by whichever entry has the most likes here on the Message Boards.

March 1st - 15th: Gali Contest: Build a Bionicle “hero” character in the GWP style. Winner declared March 18th. CLOSED: CONGRATULATIONS @Zeg and runner-up @Stuubh !!
TTV MOC Contest: GWP Gali! - Creative Content / Lego Creations - The TTV Message Boards (ttvchannel.com)

March 15th - 29th: Lewa Contest: Build a Bionicle “Rahi” in the GWP style. Winner declared April 1st (no jokes, promise). CLOSED: CONGRATULATIONS @Aporu and runner-up @dinx !!
TTV MOC Contest: GWP Lewa! - Creative Content / Lego Creations - The TTV Message Boards (ttvchannel.com)

March 29th - April 12th: Onua Contest: Build a Bionicle “villain” character in the GWP style. Winner declared April 15th. CLOSED: CONGRATULATIONS @NITRON100 and runner-up @E-Matt !!
TTV MOC Contest: GWP Onua! - Creative Content / Lego Creations - The TTV Message Boards (ttvchannel.com)

April 12th - April 26th: Pohatu Contest: Build a Bionicle vehicle or mount that is both in the GWP style AND ridable by a GWP style build! Winner declared April 29th. Entry period closed: Congrats @Legoncelot and @Nytem!!
TTV MOC Contest: GWP Pohatu! - Creative Content / Lego Creations - The TTV Message Boards (ttvchannel.com)

April 26th - May 10th: Kopaka Contest: Build a custom Bionicle creation, Rahi, or Self-MOC in the GWP style. Winner Declared May 13th! CLOSED: CONGRATS @NITRON100 and @Ghid!!
TTV MOC Contest: GWP Kopaka! - Creative Content / Lego Creations - The TTV Message Boards (ttvchannel.com)

The rules are simple:

• Entries much be on the Message Boards.
  • The Entry Period is 2 weeks. Winner declared 3 days after.
  • Builds must mimic the Tahu GWP build style as closely as possible: keep non-system parts to a minimum! (Kanohi usage allowed in action or build breakdown poses, but main picture for the post must feature a system built head, for potential use with printed mask decals)
  • Entries must contain their intended Contest within their post title: Example, “Gali GWP MOC Contest: Tarakava”
  • You may enter an already existing creation as long as it is your own. Simply make a new post under the specific contest entry with the title following the rules to keep them distinguishable.
  • Posting instructions or breakdowns is not necessary, but is greatly appreciated.
  • Digital MOCing is alllowed!

Kopaka’s Contest is live NOW!!

EDIT:
Hey there! After some deliberation, I’ve decided to sweeten the pot and add some of the MNOG Matoran to the prize pool for the runner-ups! These Matoran will be:

Macku for the Gali Contest
Tamaru for the Lewa Contest
Onepu for the Onua Contest
Hafu for the Pohatu Contest
and Kopeke for the Kopaka contest!

These will be delivered to the runner-ups at an indeterminate time, likely after the main Toa contests have concluded. I am greatly excited to give away more to this inspiring and immensely talented community!

Images of the finished, built Matoran prizes TBD. Additional prizes and contests may also be announced in the future, so stay tuned, and thank you for making this all possible!

42 Likes

Ooooooooh cool I might enter

1 Like

Ah, so that’s what that was about.

Well, I’m very happy that the contests are returning, and hopefully I’ll be able to find the time to participate in some of them. As for the Prizes, the most appealing is the Lewa, as the sticker is the smoothest and closest matches the style of the gwp Tahu print IMO.

Hope to see more like this in the future!

13 Likes

Oh boy this looks good, I don’t have to many of the gwp type of parts but I’ll still try for this

3 Likes

Time to start working

2 Likes

Maybe I will try something for this, I don’t know yet.

2 Likes

hmmm
are like digital mocs allowed?
cause i have a few on meca-bricks ready to go

5 Likes

I was curious when I heard the promise of more contests, but non-canon related, what they could be, and I’m excited with what you guys have brought out. I hope we get a good turnout :smiley: Already cooking up ideas :open_mouth:

Also, a question, could someone else’s OC/Moc be done for that free for all contest at the end?

6 Likes

Question: If we don’t have any custom prints to use for the masks, can we just use a normal Bionicle mask piece, as long as the build overall is comprised mostly of System?

Also, how do we submit creations that are already existing, and have already been posted on the Message Boards?

3 Likes

I’ll have to enter!

2 Likes

Let’s see what Stud.io can teach me.

3 Likes

@Rhyla416 Digital MOCs are allowed.
@Axelford only if they have given provable express permission.
@LegoDavid 1: You may showcase the build with a Kanohi in your post images, but the main image must be shown using system, that the design could be made into a sticker or print for a mask/face later. 2: Simply make a new post, with the title and text expressly stating that it is for your contest entry as to distinguish the two posts from one another.

10 Likes

Question; can an entry have multiple models in one? (i.e. multiple villains from one group for the Onua contest or multiple potentially different rahi for the Lewa contest)

Also does it have to be 100% purist?

6 Likes

If you would like to put in the effort for multiple models in a single entry, it is by no means necessary, but I won’t hinder the creative process if that’s what you would like to do.

As for “purist”, I would like to keep the parts 100% Lego. Decals, prints, etc are allowed, as are painted/recolor parts (Stud.io would have a sizable advantage otherwise), but cutting, gluing, or otherwise modifying a part or incorporating a 3D Printed piece I feel goes against the spirit of creating something meant to mirror the GWP Tahu and Takua.

11 Likes

What a great opportunity to test out my new lightbox. Can’t wait for the villain week!

8 Likes

Hey @StarBreaker, I know I’m probably splitting hairs here but I just like to cover my bases: when you say “Rahi”, you’re including non-Rahi wildlife as well, yes? As in Spherus Magna native wildlife.

6 Likes

Ah… I suppose if you wish to, I see no reason to bar Spherus Magna wildlife, personally. I feel '01 or contest Rahi from '05 would be more in keeping, but I don’t want to stifle creativity if you just really want to build a Bionicle Dinosaur or otherwise.

8 Likes

I know what the Lewa contest is all about Rahi but What Rahi is considered Not a rahi Like Keetongu, Tahtorahk, Mostly the Intelligent Rahi

6 Likes

Welcome to the Boards.

I’m not Starbreaker, or a member of the TTV Cast, but I assumed that if the Bionicle canon calls it a Rahi, then it’s a Rahi. Keetongu might tread the line a little close as he’s also definitely a character, but the Tatorahk should definitely count.

Which reminds me - I should look into that Rahi Beasts book for inspiration…

6 Likes

I imagine the only sample that could actually go both ways is Krahka, as she has been confirmed to have a moral light balance, whereas Keetongu has been confirmed to not have one

Tahtorak can speak but he really isn’t much smarter than a parrot or macaw

4 Likes