TTV: The Anthology Series

So, to expand the world of TTV: Next Gen (I call it the TTVerse) I decided to make the Anthology Series, using stories to flesh out the world. Each short story will only be a few paragraphs long and will focus on two hosts at most. Here's the first story, focusing on Exx shortly after he joins TTV.
Exxtrooper fell to the ground with a thud, his attacker standing over him. He quickly got back on his feet and swiped a leg at the intruder’s chest. The man stepped back just before the leg would have made contact. Exx spun around quickly and grabbed a chair behind him and brought it down on the man’s head. It crashed into a million pieces.
“You never told me this’d be part of the job,” Exx said.
“Occupational hazard,” a voice said from his computer.
“Well, is there no way you could help, at least a little?” he said as he grappled with the man on the floor.
“I’m miles away right now, Exx. The best I can do it coach you through this.”
“Meso, when I see you I’m just going to be like…” Exx landed a punch on the attacker’s cheek.
“Well then,” Meso observed from the desktop. The attacker brought his fists down on Exx, and he landed on the floor. The attacker placed a foot on his back and pressed down. “Hey, you, stop it. I’ll call the police or something,” Meso yelled as he pulled out his phone. “Wait, what’s the number for the Norwegian police?” Exx struggled to get up off of the floor. The man pushed down harder. If he could just manage to grab his ankle… Exx twisted his arm and caught the man’s foot. He pulled it and the intruder lost his balance. He stumbled up and landed a foot in his opponent’s chest. There was a sickening crack as his ribs broke with the power. The man tried to get back up, but he couldn’t manage to. Exx grabbed a phone and called the police, who arrived soon. He turned back to the desktop.
“Alright, time to explain,” he said to Meso.
“I’d rather not, but I’m sure Var will have the energy to,” Mesonak said. “See ya around, Exx.” He exited the call. Exx looked at the man on the floor as he heard the sirens roar down the street.
“What even is this?” he said to himself.

6 Likes

THE OTHER!

Body is invalid; try to be a little more descriptive

1 Like

What?

This, this is quite nice.
I mean, I might have had to read it again because it was confusing at first, but it's a great story! 10/10!
I like the story of a crime-ridden Norway!
@exxtrooper, how do you think of this?

2 Likes

Yeah, usually my beginnings can be...odd.
I swear, if Exx comes here and says 0/10 needs more birds...

2 Likes

Uh... A post cannot be all CAPS.

2 Likes

Ok. That works, I guess.

I shall have fun wih this....maybe...later.

1 Like

@Kahi as an old guy+the Other going hostile+a cameo for @TFM101= No problem. Here's the next installment.

Kahi locked his front door as he stepped outside. He turned on his iPod and put in his earplugs as he got started for his morning jog. Summer was so demanding, heating up before too long. Bad enough that he was living here in Silicon Valley. He had to share the streets with many a runner. He set off at his usual pace down the street. He admired the cool breeze of a Californian dawn and the beautiful rising sun. It made getting up so darn early worth it. He passed by some other casuals, who waved at him. He ignored their kind gestured and picked up his pace as he turned onto another road that weaved through a local park. The rising sun pierced through some of the leaves above him as he paced his breath. Birds fluttered about above him. As he exited the park, he noticed a large black van with a big skull on the side pull up next to him. A window rolled down on the side.
“Get in,” a deep voice said as it slowed down.
“No,” Kahi said between chuckles.
“Come on!”
“Am I being hunted? We both know that the Other isn’t around anymore, Meso. If you want me to get in, you’re going to have to stop.” Then he felt it, a bullet whizzing above his head.
“Well you’re eating your words now, aren’t you,” Meso yelled from the car. “I don’t know if they’ll miss next time.” Kahi sped up and jumped in the car. A bullet ricocheted off of the car door.
“Long time, no see,” said a figure in the back, who was leaning on a cane.
“Same here, Var,” Kahi said as he stuck out a hand. The man looked at it, and seemed to ignore it. He stared deeply into his old friend’s eyes. Var opened up his hands and clasped Kahi. He clutched him in an embrace that can only be felt between the oldest of friends.
“Welcome home, shortie,” Var said.
“Screw you,” Kahi replied with a laugh. Another bullet hit the back off the car.
“How long have they been pursuing you?”
“They’ve been after Meso and I for almost a month now. It appears they’ve gone hostile.”
“No joke,” Kahi replied as another bullet hit the car. A dent was now visible. “Do we have any way to stop them?”
“Try this,” Meso said as he handed Kahi something that resembled Iron Man’s glove. Kahi smiled as he put it on. Despite the fact that he was being shot at, today was pretty good. He rolled down a window and took a quick look using the side mirror. He ducked out the window and took one shot at the van pursuing them. He hit the front of the car and it exploded into flames. Kahi ducked back into the car as a piece of shrapnel soared past his ear.
“Kahi, are you going to have a problem leaving the Valley?” Meso asked.
“I’m retired. I live a sad but fulfilling life. This is the best thing that’s happened to me in years.” Kahi pulled out his phone and dialed his grandson, who promptly picked it up.
“Grandad? What is it?”
“Well, I’m back with the old group. I’m not going to be in the Valley for a while, can you live without me?”
“Sure.”
“Don’t get in any trouble, understand? No partying, no trespassing…”
“Grandad, I’ll be fine.”
“Alright then. I love you.”
“Bye.”
“Bye.” Kahi hung up and slid the phone back into his pocket. Meso was now exiting the city boundaries.
“Where are we headed to?”
“Somewhere safe. The Pink Fluffy Crew hideout.”

4 Likes

Noice. Can I has cameo?

2 Likes

Sure, they're really fun to write.

2 Likes

Canz iz?

You do not have to,....

2 Likes

@Venom at Christmastime, cheesy lesson about friendship, blah blah blah just read it. A quick reminder that TTV: Origins' auditions are going to be cut off TODAY. Enjoy!
Venom picked out a shopping cart as he entered Wal-mart. He headed down towards the Lego aisle, a twinkle in his eye as he saw them, the winter wave, standing all in a row. He took one of each down off of the shelf, and headed to his next stop. The clothing area was packed full of shoppers in a quick rush to buy last minute Christmas gifts. He maneuvered through the crowds and found the perfect shirt for him. Red with the latest technology giving the illusion of white drips running down the front. He pulled the right size off the rack and placed it in the cart. He headed back over to the front of the store, paid for the goods, and hurried through the downpour of snow to get to his car. He unloaded everything and put the cart away. He pulled out of his parking spot and turned on his windshield wipers to swipe the frozen water off of the glass. He pulled up into his driveway, unlocked the door, and turned on the lights. He placed the materials from the store on his bed and grabbed some wrapping paper. He folded up the gifts in the paper and placed a bow on each one. He put the shirt into a box and stuck it in a bag. As he climbed into his bed, his hair still slightly wet from the ongoing downpour. As he slept, he dreamt of the other, in a car chase in the Silicon Valley. Var, Kahi, Meso, all being pursued by what seemed to be the Other. He woke in the middle of the night, sweat pouring down his face. He told himself it was all just a dream as he rolled over and went back to sleep. He let himself sleep in until about 10:00. He showered and put on his best dress. As he headed out the door, he grabbed the gift bag and boxes and walked calmly down his walkway. It was a beautiful white Christmas, a bright light shining down from the heavens, illuminating the white sheets of snow that layered his yard. He got in his car, a smile on his face, and drove downtown. Within just a few minutes he arrived in front of the building. He balanced the presents in his arms as he pushed the doors open with his back. A receptionist welcomed him and offered to take a few off the gifts. Venom declined her offer politely, saying that he would deliver them himself. She opened the door for him and there they were. Lost, alone, without a family. They ran up to him and latched onto his legs, welcoming him in. He chuckled as he handed out their gifts. They unwrapped them with joy. Soon he had given all of them away. All of them, except for the shirt. There was one boy, much older than the other children in the orphanage, who sat by himself. Ven stepped towards him and the boy looked up. Ven handed the package to him. The boy looked at Ven with a look of surprise as he accepted the package. He unwrapped it and smiled at the shirt. He stood up and gave the aging man a hug.
Ven had thought that he was alone in the world since his wife had passed away. But after he spent Christmas at that orphanage, he had learned something new. He wasn’t alone. As long as he had friends, he’d never be alone.

3 Likes

Noice, though I can't see my cameo.

1 Like

Yeah, I wanted to do this without any dialogue and it's easier and smoother to just say cameos with dialogue. You can count on it next time though. wink

1 Like

0/10 needs more birds - IGN

4 Likes

I actually decided to stretch my fingers and get to work on another thing. This is a planned two-parter starring @Viper and @Mesonak. Also, I finally got around to those cameos for @Pirean_Grammaticul and @RaptorTalon.

Viper waved her hand to the security guard as she entered the museum. Over the several years she had been frequenting the place they had become friends in some fashion. They never really talked, per say, but they had seen each other often and picked up little things over their many encounters. She passed through a magnetic detector, which she cleared, and paid the several pounds to enter. Before her stretched exhibit upon exhibit of wonders and miscellaneous artifacts from all over the world. She came to spark her imagination whenever she was bored. Sometimes the artifacts would lead to full blown stories, sometimes they would become nothing more than just ideas. However, she did believe that somehow, in some degree, what she saw here would affect her writing. She had been fascinated with dinosaurs recently, expecially after the release of another Jurassic Park movie. She headed towards the ‘When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth’ exhibit and admired the majestic beasts that ruled the earth millions of years ago. The main dinosaur, the one they were trying to push, were the raptors, which, due to recent technological developments, had been genetically mapped. There was the possibility of them being cloned, but that was a very slight possibility that would most likely not turn out anything, at least for the next hundred years. An entire pack of raptors had been found recently, and the extra talons had been placed in a box to be taken for the low price of just a few pence. She plopped in a few coins and the chest opened to reveal about fifty raptor talons. She took one and admired it. A robotic voice told her that it belonged to the Pireanus Grammaticulius, one of the larger species of raptor. The turned it over again and again in her hand, looking deep into the bone and thinking about what it could have done 65 million years ago. She placed it in her pocket and exited the museum, waving goodbye to the guard. Outside of the double doors stood a man in a trench coat and wide-brimmed hat.
“Long time, no see,” said the man. He lifted his hat up to reveal his face. It was the face, of Mesonak.

5 Likes

Double post because I can do that on Creative Content. I decide that, in honor of @Eljay taking off his Miru and possibly even going the extra mile to show us his face, I decided to take a break from Origins and the Viper arc to present to you a story that takes place shortly before Origins (in other words, the origins of Origins)

ElJay pulled his ATV into the garage, the mud on its treads spreading on the concrete floor. He maneuvered it between the many irrigation tools he had stored. Ever since he had started his own business his job had taken up most of the 24 hours in the day, but every once in a while he would find time to ride his ATV over the scenic terrain that spread out in front of his house. There wasn’t a single sound to be heard. Not one bird chirping, one dog running, another human even taking a breath. ElJay was alone, without another being in his presence. He turned around and opened the door to his living room, where he sat at his desk, now covered in papers and spreadsheets managing business transactions. Slowly he sorted through a bin of miscellaneous documents and memorabilia. And, at the bottom, two cardboard eyes were staring back at him. He wrenched the mask from its spot beneath the paper and looked it over a few times. A smile spread across his face as he remembered the good old days, back when he spent so much time with his friends. Nowadays he didn’t have any time for friends, only work. Soon he planned to retire, at the age of 50. But then it all came to a sudden halt. He heard three loud knocks on his door. He ran to see who it was.
No. It couldn’t be.
But it was. A giant man caressing a rifle in his hands. The Other! ElJay thought. He hurriedly gathered up a few things, placed the cardboard mask on his head, and ran through the back door towards the city. It took the man a few minutes to notice that he had left, but soon the chase was on.

4 Likes

Me likes. Me likes.

Good. You should.