TTV: The Anthology Series

Alrighty then, you haven’t asked but I have delivered. Here is part two, the epic conclusion of the @Viper and @Mesonak two-parter. Enjoy!
“Meso!” Viper screamed. She jumped back in shock. “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming here? Have you been stalking me?”
“No, I’ve just been lying low as of late. You know, tensions have heightened recently.”
“Tensions? With who?” Meso grabbed Viper and took her to an alleyway. “What are you doing Meso?”
“Look, we can’t talk about this in public. I’ve got a cab coming here soon and we should be safe.”
“Safe from what? Meso, there’s no need to be so secretive.”
“Once you hear what I’ve got to say, you’ll notice that it I have good reason to act the way I am.” A cab pulled up next to them and they got inside.
“Alright Mesonak. Time to let the cat out of the bag. What’s going on?” Viper shut the screen that separated the driver from the passengers.
“Look, you remember why TTV was created, right?”
“To fight misinformation.”
“Yeah. But listen: the Other, the force we were fighting against? They’ve been growing, bigtime. One of their leaders has recently acquired CNN. Another has bought BBC.”
“Two of the biggest news sources.”
“Two of the biggest sources that have been infiltrated. You know the third largest new source in the world?”
“Oh Mata Nui no.”
“I declined their offer, but I’m afraid they won’t take too kindly to that. They’ve started to target the old members.”
“But why?”
“They’re all international sources. There are some very sketchy countries out there that would be willing to bend some slander and copyright laws for such big companies to move there. After that, they could start the next World War.”
“Well that’s frightening. But what am I supposed to do about it?”
“London Times, Viper. You write for it, and it’s the last major newspaper out there. You could counter their attacks.”
“It’s not going to be safe.”
“That’s why I’m asking the best crime journalist out there to do this.” Meso stared deeply into her eyes. “You’re going to have to promise me this, Viper.”
“And I will. The threat is very real, and I’m going to expose this even if I have to die trying.”
“Thank you, thank you so much for this. Thank you for doing something I could never hope to do.” At this moment, time seemed to slow down. A gunshot rang out through the expansive streets. A bullet roared through the air, smashing through the glass window and hitting the driver in the shoulder. Mesonak swore and grabbed Viper.
“Wow, thirty seconds into a story and we’re already getting shot at,” she said. “That’s a record to remember.”
“Lay low,” Meso said. He pulled a revolver out of his breast pocket and looked over the hood of the car. Another bullet whized past his head. The aging Mesonak fell back on his palms.
“You’re doing stellar,” Viper said sarcastically as she crawled towards the engine. She pulled out stilleto and braced herself. “Any idea where they shooting from?”
“That building over-” Meso started. Before he could finish Viper had flinged the knife. It flew a great distance and hit its target, a sniper from the building. “Where’d you learn that?”
“I told a mob boss I’d let him off if he taught me a few things.”
“You’re almost as corrupt as the Other.”
“Almost, Meso. Almost.” Sirens wailed as an ambulance and police cars flew down the street. “I’d suggest we get out of here before they start asking questions. The last thing I want is to be asked questions.”
“Viper, listen.” Meso’s voice was firm. “No more jokes. You’re in trouble, and I cannot bear to see any of the TTV members taken out. Here, I have a ticket to a very secret place in South America. You should be safe there.” Viper took the ticket. “But what about you?” She asked.
“I’ll manage,” he said. It was apparent that he had no plan whatsoever.
“Look, Meso. Don’t die,” she whispered. She ran off to find another cab to head to the airport. Meso went in the other direction, hoping to catch another plane headed for Norway.
He hated how multicultural TTV was.

2 Likes

And he returns, yes, I return. This is a two or three part story about @IllustriousVar in his later days. Enjoy my redebut!
Varderan grabbed his hat and cane and stepped onto the golden sand that splayed over the beaches of the Caymen Islands that he called his home. His beach house, which was really more of a hut, had weathered many a hurricane and kept him sheltered throughout them all. Var’s arthritic knees moved slowly and stiffly as he stepped down the small set of stairs that lifted his hut from the ground. He was enjoying the simple life that he had found here in the pacific ocean. With the money he had made off of Pandemic Panda he was set for the rest of his life. Now the aging Meso was in charge of the multi-million dollar profit. Soon the time would come, he knew. He had heard the stories, several media companies being bought out by one group. A group he had known for a long time. He knew that this only meant trouble, dark times for many. Slowly but surely that had picked off all of the other members. Var knew that he would be next. He flipped out his smartphone and opened Gmail. Inside of his draft mail there was one file, with a pdf download inside. Var turned to see a helicopter accompanied by a speedboat that skipped across the water. Undoubtedly the Other. He hurriedly pressed a button and the message was sent to Meso. He slid to phone back into his pocket and stepped onto the shore, ready to meet his fate. His fate, of course, would not be what the Other had in mind.

1 Like

Yesssss! But now I need more. Read it all, it must be read…

1 Like

MOAR! Where is the second part?

2 Likes

T’challa’s working on it, ATM. In the meantime, I’ll get to legit Origins work.

Consider this like Half-life 3 or Biocraft, guys.

2 Likes

Hey.
I’ve been inactive for a while now, and probably will be so for a while longer. Possibly forever.
For once in my boarding life, I’m going to be serious.
I want you people, the readers of the TTVerse, to continue the story. I want you guys to grow the universe, to create the world I couldn’t with my own constraints. I won’t be able to supervise your work, but if you could, in your own creations, mention the original story Next Gen that would be wonderful. Make your own posts when contributing to the universe, don’t just post on my existing topics. Keep in mind that the TTVerse is not just stories, but anything you want it to be. Make it your own, and make me proud.
~T’Challa

2 Likes