Tunneler Rahi

Due to the inability for people to comment and talk to me about my last original moc, due to my apparent style choices, I decided to post another one of my smaller builds.
I feel I owe it to everyone who enjoys what I post, to try and make something people can actually talk about on the same page. But before I begin, I would like to quote Mark Twain, who wrote:
“Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished”

I was hesitant to post it, because this moc doesn’t have an official name.
Canonically, its a tunneler rahi. I don’t remember the normal size of a tunneler rahi ever being mentioned in Bionicle stories, just that there was a large one encountered by the Toa Metru. Please let me know if I am wrong. Anyway, I liked the simplicity of the build so much I made a version of them my self-moc.

Just a side view. They’re really easy to make, and could be constructed with several color schemes, since tunneler rahi take on abilities of what they come into contact with, physical and/or elemental.

Disassembled. Really basic, but the foot articulation is retained quite easily by the limbs being slightly bent.
This one was made when I was in Florida, where I bought Pohatu, Master of Stone, the Protector of Fire, and the Protector of Earth. I made it and a powered-up Pohatu while I was there, the latter of which I will not post, because I’m afraid the board will lock them away permanently. Foe some, it’s rather hard to successfully judge one’s build intentions, wouldn’t you say?

Here’s something about the finished build I quite liked. I wanted them to be so small he was hard to hurt or hit. This helps accomplish that goal. Its mask is impossible to take off using the g2 brain function, unless the head is tilted down. Pardon the UNintentionally bad posing, since I was exerting a good bit of force on the poor thing to prove my point.

It’s pretty easy to attach stuff so they can hold it. At the time these were the things I had on its back, to “help” Pohato out, while on vacation. Keep in mind this was several years ago.

This is my favorite part; how cute it looks when it stands up and waves. If I ever make any new moc, it will definitely be an upgraded version, which I was almost finished on. Also, this moc was built before I even knew about the elemental creatures that were to come out in g2. My favorite colors happens to be purple and transparent pieces in mocs, so I was pretty ecstatic when they made several sets with a bunch of new parts in transparent and purple.

The backstory of my self-moc is basically them wandering into an abandoned toa temple, and eating its Toa stone, causing a transformation. I also gave them two Ekimu-esque hammers, except they used Korgot’s star shield for the spinning and non-firing end.

Thank you for bearing with me on this late post. My next post will be the same as intended, regardless of whether it is deemed “intentionally made poorly given by his build and all the different colors that are used on him.”
I’ll be sure not to use any tags that encourage spamming or illegal popularity, so that it remains likable and commentable. I should let people know I have no bad intentions whenever I build any Lego creation. Remember, you really can’t tell if something is made poorly unless you 100% sure you know what it was made for. A push door is not a poorly built pull door.

I’d like to thank those of you who still looked at my last moc, or even liked it despite not being able to comment on it. Until next time, have a great rest of your day, everyone!

20 Likes