Turaga Mangai: old hero and vengeful empress

I decided to experiment with making some turaga in the same vain as Dume. First is my take on Lhikan.

Similar to the Metru matoran build, but with toa forearms for legs to give them that bit of height like in the movies. Of course, the are still hunched in posture, and that is a little tricky to translate, so I tried out a ball-joint with a mask on the other end to simulate a bent spine.

And it gives me something to do with these longer masks until I can find better uses for them. That gold kraahkan cost me $16, so I’ll be sent to Karzahni if I don’t use it somehow. Then I borrowed takanuva’s chest plate because I think it really works as his turaga shield.

Made him a little badge of office and Turaga Lhikan is about done.

Now for Tuyet:

Perhaps in an alternate universe, she was drained of her toa power as part of the Order of Mata Nui’s experiments to replicate the nui stone. The stones power could not be extracted, but it could not prevent her transformation. After one day breaking out of her dimensional prison, the now Turaga of water seeks revenge on all who have wronged her. Where once her goals may have had some noble intent, she is now embittered by a sense of being completely robbed of her potential

However, hate can be a powerful tool, and Tuyet is resourceful. Despite being a Turaga, the Nui stone shards allow her to still drain toa energy. She has now become more powerful than any Turaga was meant to be. However, her power is still only a shadow of what it could have been. No matter, Tuyet can still best a toa in raw power, and she will do so if needed to succeed in her plot of revenge against not only Lhikan, but the Order of Mata Nui itself.

Also, I made tuyet a necklace to wear out of a small pull chain and a bohrok eye. Whatever fragments were not embedded in her armor can be collected and bonded into a “matrix of leadership” of sorts. Little transformers reference there, hehe

16 Likes

I don’t really like how Tuyet’s chain isn’t an actual lego piece, but nice mocs anyway

Turaga mocs are always nice. These ones are pretty good

Huh, never thought of Tuyet turning the Nui Stone into a necklace before.